62265a6b425a8d49d1eb0243a8c779e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Got it and it's fabulous. Had it on the smallest setting alone and despite it being very open it had NO TROUBLE feeding my MTL vaping from the tip top of the tank. And tastes fabulous.

But I just got done installing my own "inexpensive solution". Hahaha. Some Gorilla "Clear Repair Tape" strategically placed. Works perfect to give me the draw I wanted. Albeit slightly louder with a little bit of a "whoosh" sound on the draw, but whatever. Haha.

9a6521990dc103ba9315e90eec0e5ab3.jpg
7714bea8f6352b24983871a2f7a6bc66.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Woke up late this morning...was in a rush, got a flat tire on the way to where I was going, which is just about the time I realized I forgot to switch the 18650 in my mod and didn't have a spare. If this day wasn't going bad enough....

Ah 5+ years of vaping and this is the first time.....Anyone know a potential compatible glass section that may fit, doubt I'll be seeing replacement glass sections for sale anytime soon.

View attachment 557881
I hate glass.... For this reason.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Got it and it's fabulous. Had it on the smallest setting alone and despite it being very open it had NO TROUBLE feeding my MTL vaping from the tip top of the tank. And tastes fabulous.

But I just got done installing my own "inexpensive solution". Hahaha. Some Gorilla "Clear Repair Tape" strategically placed. Works perfect to give me the draw I wanted. Albeit slightly louder with a little bit of a "whoosh" sound on the draw, but whatever. Haha.

9a6521990dc103ba9315e90eec0e5ab3.jpg
7714bea8f6352b24983871a2f7a6bc66.jpg

You could always just fully cover one side.

Reactions: Bronze

JoeBattams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Northampton- UK

Really glad you're happy with it! Tried a similar 'tape solution' myself- tried covering up one side completely, but it didn't seem to be much different- perhaps two holes the same size on opposing sides doesn't necessarily mean twice the airflow- dont know enough about airflow dynamics!

Whilst waiting for Svoe's solution, I've swapped the drip-tip for a narrower bore teflon one to restrict there, and it makes it much more comfortable MTL.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I don't know much about airflow dynamics myself, although, being a mechanic, I can say this:
A narrower drip tip can't produce a more restricted draw. Feeling like it does is a placebo effect. Your mind wants it to be tighter, so it feels tighter. Which is fine. If it feels tighter, then keep using that drip tip.

The reason it can't be, is that the amount of INTAKE hasn't been changed.
In terms of a car/engine, the drip tip is the exhaust pipe.
Unless you restrict the source of air intake, the restriction of the exhaust can't reduce the amount of air taken in. All it can do is slow down how fast it goes out.
The hot rods with loud exhaust pipes? They've got wide open pipes, which gets the exhaust out of the engine in a hurry, thus more sound. But the amount of air being fed into and through the engine has not, and cannot change, unless the intake itself is changed.

Another way to look at it is:
A balloon filled with water. Poke it with a needle, and a tiny stream shoots out. The balloon will drain slowly.
Slash the ballon with a knife, and the water will drain very quickly.
Either way, the same amount of water will come out of the balloon, but at different speeds.

Or we could use crowd control:
A crowded theater, with every seat full.
They all entered through the front, which has multiple sets of double doors.
Smoke alarm goes off, and only one rear exit door opens. The crowd takes a long time to get out, because the one door is small.

Same theater, same head count, smoke alarm goes off, this time three rear exit doors open.
Crowd exits three times faster.

The doors are the drip tips. They can't change how many people came in, or how many people are leaving. They can only control how fast they leave.
The people are the air. The same amount of air was in play for both scenarios.

-----
But again, I've never studied aerodynamics, airflow pattern dynamics, and I'm not 100% sure if those are even the same thing or not! Hahahaha!
Just some musings from a wrench-turnin' redneck!

Last edited:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Got mine today.
Threads are fine, o-rings are fine. Glass seems fragile. A bit too open a draw on the smallest hole, but we'll see after I'm done building it. Doing it now.
Coiling it is super-easy. But, stumbled on the first downer - no connection on a P3 Ti. Barely connects on the black P3. rDNA40V2 connects fine.
Loosening the screw is not possible, as it holds it all together. Dunno, is it the K5, or is it my particular P3 Ti.
Ok, back to building.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread