nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Hi there,
Just wondering.
What watt and afc you used?
Is it too hot? I mean like the tank is quite - very hot when chain vape.
Thanks.

Hi there! 30 watts and 250C (482F). Wicked with Cotton Bacon v2. No, I don't think it's too hot. The clapton I used is Geek vape 26g+30g, and not what I wrote first. I try not to chain vape it as 250C is too high for cotton if it becomes dry.

Reactions: AstroTurf

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Thought the Clapton was the best, but I was wrong! Saw a youtube video a while ago where he said twisted 26g gives the best flavor, and he is right! Kanthal, 2.5 mm wicked with Fiber Freaks Pre Cut. Using the Smok Alien at 22W with the hard setting. Love it!

twiested.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That "best flavor" (or best vape) is a very personal opinion/taste. What one likes - another may not. I find a simple single coil, no twist, no clapton, no fancy, just made of a plain strand of 28AWG Kanthal, 7/8 wraps around a 2.5mm (+/-) bit, giving off 1.1 Ohms (+/-) and fired at 14-16W ~ giving me the best flavor. In any atty. Go figure!

Bribot

Jan 9, 2015
Indonesia
That "best flavor" (or best vape) is a very personal opinion/taste. What one likes - another may not. I find a simple single coil, no twist, no clapton, no fancy, just made of a plain strand of 28AWG Kanthal, 7/8 wraps around a 2.5mm (+/-) bit, giving off 1.1 Ohms (+/-) and fired at 14-16W ~ giving me the best flavor. In any atty. Go figure!
Hi Qorax,
Agreed on the personal opinion.
But its never wrong in learning from other people..
Stupid question, you do your setup above for MTL i suppose?
I'll give it a try, apple to apple to yours Qorax.
Thanks.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hi Qorax,
Agreed on the personal opinion.
But its never wrong in learning from other people..
Stupid question, you do your setup above for MTL i suppose?
I'll give it a try, apple to apple to yours Qorax.
Thanks.
No my friend, I am a Direct Lung Inhaler.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
7/8 wraps around a 2.5mm (+/-) bit gives me a 1.5 - 1.7Ω coil.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Try a 2.5 diameter, 28 gauge @ 1.5 ohms

Absolutely perfect setup for the K5, imho. That's what I am using right now :)

Have this now too in mine, seems to give a tiiiiiiny bit better flavour. Could be all in my head.

R
I just moved up to 2.5mm, 1.5Ω from 2.0 to allow for thicker ends to hopefully end the airflow seepage, but actually prefer the flavor from 2.0mm.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Finally got one of these coming along with a calix v2. It's going to replace my kf4 which has been a bit of a disappointment. Debating on the restricter kit.
If you're looking for a draw similar to the Kayfun Lite then you will need the restrictor kit.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
What did the K4 do to you?

R
Was fine for a couple months but never quite got the flavor even up to where the lite is. Then i started having intermittent contact issues, leaking, no contact from the screw in the base getting loose, spring inside the base has collapsed so I have to stretch it every time I refill or i get resistance jumping or no connection. Ill have to replace all the delrin parts, spring, seals and maybe get a new p3 base since the insulators and bushings don't fit well.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Was fine for a couple months but never quite got the flavor even up to where the lite is. Then i started having intermittent contact issues, leaking, no contact from the screw in the base getting loose, spring inside the base has collapsed so I have to stretch it every time I refill or i get resistance jumping or no connection. Ill have to replace all the delrin parts, spring, seals and maybe get a new p3 base since the insulators and bushings don't fit well.

Sounds like a whole unit failure!

Are you assured of it's authenticity?

I use a KF4 every day, and I've not had any of these issues yet, and have owned them since initial launch.

Haven't had to replace so much as a single O-ring.

Not bragging...just mechanically inclined and interested in how yours has let you down so badly.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Agree Q. In addition to the Kayfun Lites I had been using drippers quite a bit prior to the release of the KM3. I crave flavor and the drippers were doing it for me. But we all know the shortcomings of a dripper so when the KM3 was introduced and proven a tank could deliver dripper-quality flavor it was all over for me. The KM3 won me over big time. Then the subsequent release of the K5 which, to me, was a larger version of the KM3 and all my other atomizers went into my bone box and have been there since.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
For those wanting to know, I got my kf4 from provape so I know it's legit. It seems to boil down to a bad p3 connector since all my issues started when I converted it. I think the Loose fit of the base caused seal leaks as well as extra wear on the plastic seals. Not sure why the spring gave out so fast but it happens. I'm planning on rebuilding it with a new base and parts so I'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread