Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Cremedevape has Kayfun 5's on sale! As long as they last, their price will likely decrease. The TPD regulations will prevent their European sales of tanks with greater than 2mls, beginning in May.
Thanks for the head's up. I converted pounds to dollars. = $124.22

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm more interested in the comment on the CDV site about a TPD compliant K5 coming soon. Does this mean there is an official K5 stumpy version? I would love that!
Sounds like a nano kit for the K5 is (or will be) available. Unless an exterior adjustable airflow is critical I see no reason to just get the Kayfun Mini V3 instead of the Nano K5. I use both and the KM3 is as good a vape as the K5 IMO.

Sounds like a nano kit for the K5 is (or will be) available. Unless an exterior adjustable airflow is critical I see no reason to just get the Kayfun Mini V3 instead of the Nano K5. I use both and the KM3 is as good a vape as the K5 IMO.
I think the KM3 is a slightly better device for flavor (why I have 5 of them & only 1 K5). The K5 just looks better on some devices & IMO could benefit from the smaller chamber that would be in a nano kit.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think the KM3 is a slightly better device for flavor (why I have 5 of them & only 1 K5). The K5 just looks better on some devices & IMO could benefit from the smaller chamber that would be in a nano kit.
I use a KM3 on my Provari Radius and a K5 on my Provari P2/2.5/P3s. Just a matter of looks is all. I find the flavor produced by both are very close and exceptional. The airflow on the K5 is as smooth as any vape I have had...even with the M2L kit installed. But I favor the smaller profiles these days and that's what I like about the KM3. The mini is a fantastic atomizer to be sure.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Cremedevape has Kayfun 5's on sale! As long as they last, their price will likely decrease. The TPD regulations will prevent their European sales of tanks with greater than 2mls, beginning in May.

Thanks for the head's up. I converted pounds to dollars. = $124.22

If you login to the site and are from the US it removes VAT from purchase price. K5 is about $100 USD @ CDV.

I just ordered my 3rd K5 from the MTMStore in Croatia. $107 for the K5 + extra spares. Free shipping takes about a week. You do have to register, then email them to have VAT removed from your account- only need to do this once, then when you log in you'll see the VAT-free price.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Anyone come up with a brilliant solution to seepage from air slots? I've tried everything I can think of, including replacing o-rings, plenty of wick in the wells, etc. I have 2 K5s that I keep loaded with my ADV. After a fresh wick, I might get 2 days before they start to seep. Love these tanks, but the oozing from a $100+ atomizer is annoying.

Sounds like you are doing a lot of things right. Try one last thing. Make sure you put space between your wick and the air hole on the deck. If I get a chance I'll photograph my build.

Thanks, I'll look into that when I re-wick today. Are you talking about the sides or the height of the coil?

Both! Just keep moving all of it away from that air hole. Once a thread of juice connects your wick to the air hole you have established a conduit for the juice to continue to leak. Put a nice shoulder at the top of your wick so the side that goes in your well is as vertical as you can make it. Have it so it is as far away from the deck as you can get it.

---------O--------
. .
. .
. .
. .

Angle it from the outside to the inside to keep the shoulder from collapsing. See my crappy diagram above. The 'O' is the coil. The dots and dashes are the wick. From the side view. EDIT: Well, that didn't work. ECF software deletes spaces. Just have each leg shaped like a 7 (or backwards 7 for the opposite side). Hope that made sense.

I rewick after couple of tanks (2 refills) - and always find my KM3 & K5 bone dry, everywhere. And both are my daily use atties, used constantly.

My trick (or method/style if you may) with every atty is:

1) Rewick every 8-12mls, depending on the e-juice (which usually is two/three tanks per wick).
2) Coil resting between 1.5-2.0mm from the base's airhole, depending on type of the deck.
3) Airflow fully open with most atties (for restricted lung hits).
4) Use 50:50 VG/PG e-liquids (usually).
5) Use Rayon (mostly) and Japanese cotton (infrequently)
6) Use Rayon nearly double the density of cotton for the same coil dia.

And I never have a leaking atty. Definitely not with the KM3 & K5.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Tried them all and still get seepage after a couple days. Even placed a straightened paper clip between air hole & well while wicking to be sure there's a gap. Would love to hear from anyone who's had this issue and solved it. Otherwise, the only solution is to re-wick more frequently.

Oh, and those referring to "condensation"- I think that's just a nice rationalization that makes it easier to be in denial.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oh, and those referring to "condensation"- I think that's just a nice rationalization that makes it easier to be in denial.
Not entirely. While I have not experienced condensation with either my K5 or KM3, I had chronic condensation issues with my KFLs. It was minor IMO and really no big deal. The point is condensation does exist in certain circumstances.

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
I just ordered my 3rd K5 from the MTMStore in Croatia. $107 for the K5 + extra spares. Free shipping takes about a week. You do have to register, then email them to have VAT removed from your account- only need to do this once, then when you log in you'll see the VAT-free price.

US buyers need to register an account first. The vat will be removed. I purchased a Kayfun 5 this morning for $82 and change. From Creme de vape.

Last edited:

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Not entirely. While I have not experienced condensation with either my K5 or KM3, I had chronic condensation issues with my KFLs. It was minor IMO and really no big deal. The point is condensation does exist in certain circumstances.
No doubt. But if I'm getting juice on my fingers, or if I wrap a paper towel/tissue around the base and see strips of juice, it's not good, no matter what you call it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
No doubt. But if I'm getting juice on my fingers, or if I wrap a paper towel/tissue around the base and see strips of juice, it's not good, no matter what you call it.
It does matter if you want to find a possible solution. Juice leaking takes one route. Condensation takes another. Sounds like yours is e-liquid. Several people have problems with this.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Tried them all and still get seepage after a couple days. Even placed a straightened paper clip between air hole & well while wicking to be sure there's a gap. Would love to hear from anyone who's had this issue and solved it. Otherwise, the only solution is to re-wick more frequently.

Ok. I'm gonna call BS on the wick tails to deck gap thing causing leaks. I've tested it several times and unless the wick is touching the center screw it's not an issue.

Now if your build is otherwise good than there's only two things left.

Center pin is slightly loose and the insulator is a loose fit. It takes both to get a leak but I found juice can get past the insulator/positive deck and work it's way down the center pin threads if not tight.

O-rings. Usually the top cap chimney seal is the culprit and it only takes a slight air leak to get seepage and you may not notice any gurgling common with flooding. You get a bit extra juice when you puff but it's not enough running down the air hole to cause gurgling.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Ok. I'm gonna call BS on the wick tails to deck gap thing causing leaks. I've tested it several times and unless the wick is touching the center screw it's not an issue.
Normally true. But if juice connects from the wick to the airflow hole it CAN act as a conduit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread