Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I don't know if it is just me, but I wasn't crazy about the Kabuki. I Seriously wanted to love it. There is a slight gurgle that irritates me. It doesn't leak, has great flavor, but that damn gurgle......

It doesn't hold as much liquid either. My style of vaping is filling a tank maybe twice a day. When I am just busy at the computer, I go through a bit of liquid. That's one of the reasons I won't go the KM3 route.
Capacity is an important feature. The KM3 holds only 2mls. But boy, it sure does put out some real nice flavor.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I don't know if it is just me, but I wasn't crazy about the Kabuki. I Seriously wanted to love it. There is a slight gurgle that irritates me. It doesn't leak, has great flavor, but that damn gurgle......

It doesn't hold as much liquid either. My style of vaping is filling a tank maybe twice a day. When I am just busy at the computer, I go through a bit of liquid. That's one of the reasons I won't go the KM3 route.
Kabuki Version?

And, All the more reason for the KayFun Mini V3... The steel 4.2ml tank!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Kabuki Version?

And, All the more reason for the KayFun Mini V3... The steel 4.2ml tank!
Hmm not sure what version. Only came with the one allen wrench. Got it less than a year ago.

I need to see the liquid. I do a lot of mindless vaping and don't pay that close attention to notice if the flavor drops at all.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hmm not sure what version. Only came with the one allen wrench. Got it less than a year ago.

I need to see the liquid. I do a lot of mindless vaping and don't pay that close attention to notice if the flavor drops at all.
Sounds like a P3 Version.

And, the KMV3 with steel tank filled at timed intervals, such as before you begin vaping it, and then every two hours of vaping oughta keep the dry hits away.

As Bronze has said the Flavor is very very good!

Reactions: Robino1

Saltwater

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
NC
Sorry this is a little OT, but since most of you here own a KM3 I thought I'd ask... anyone also own a Kabuki? How does it compare? I've heard great things about it, I know Phil likes his a lot, he was using it at VCCT Tampa last month.

I love my RTAs, but once in a while I just want throw a coil in there and hit the road :) my first tank was actually a Nautilus Mini, probably still have one left somewhere, gave most of them away to friends to help them quit, so I'm familiar with the BVC coils...
My favorites right now are the km3, calix, and the kabuki. The flavor from the kabuki is on point with the other two. Problem I have with the kabuki is, I get a much better throat hit from the km3 and calix. If I try to get the voltage up enough to get a good throat hit, it tastes burnt. With that said, it simply won't leak, so it's what goes out with me alot. The KM3 is taking that spot lately, and I'm definitely getting another.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

And, the KMV3 with steel tank filled at timed intervals, such as before you begin vaping it, and then every two hours of vaping oughta keep the dry hits away.

It is the P3 version! Is the other a better one? So the P3 has the gurgle and it is normal? It totally bugs me

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
It is the P3 version! Is the other a better one? So the P3 has the gurgle and it is normal? It totally bugs me
Not normal at all, unless you leave it on the mod for extended periods of time... IE Days

The space between the mod and tank is the air intake passage and can build up condensate. It should be cleaned out every so often. Juice trapped in that area can also cause a gurgle.

How tightly do you have the airflow adjusted? If too tightly, it can cause a greater vacuum on the juice in your tank than is necessary for proper wicking.

All things to consider.

Jim

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Yep, we all fill it from top. The fill-valve indeed is a Pita. Tight draw - but I love mines nonetheless.

View attachment 545296
Kewl! Seems like everyone I talk to loves them. They're a great little tank. I like to use mine when I have a special event to go to and want something more elegant to vape from. I have an Odyssey mech by Totally Wicked that's SS and uses a 14500 battery. They pair up beautifully and just enough battery life for the event I'm attending. :headbang:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

@Robino1
Out of curiosity, what kind of tank are you using that you have to fill twice a day, Ms. Robin?

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh

You just stated the exact reason why I will never use the steel tank I got.... I would be filling it more often than if I just had 2ml... Haha. "Is it empty?? Better fill it. Is it empty now? Better fill it"

Rather just have the 2ml that I can actually see and know and use til the last drops.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hey how about this on their Facebook page!

This is the first I've seen them so much as hint at their next thing.

34df05fff68af8932e524f6c48a7684a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

VapinBlues

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2016
FL
My favorites right now are the km3, calix, and the kabuki. The flavor from the kabuki is on point with the other two. Problem I have with the kabuki is, I get a much better throat hit from the km3 and calix. If I try to get the voltage up enough to get a good throat hit, it tastes burnt. With that said, it simply won't leak, so it's what goes out with me alot. The KM3 is taking that spot lately, and I'm definitely getting another.

For me the KM3 has been the most reliable, satisfying, easy to use, and flavorful tank. I've gotten used to the 2 ml capacity, it was annoying at first... but I like trying new tanks, specially if flavor is great. TH is not that important to me, so maybe it'll be a good tank for me. I don't own any ProVari devices, yet, so I would need to get the P3 adapter, is that correct?

How's the vapor production? Is it about the same as the KM3? I find vapor production to be perfect in the KM3, don't need more, and don't want less ;)

What about wicking? Any issues with those BVC coils?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Not normal at all, unless you leave it on the mod for extended periods of time... IE Days

The space between the mod and tank is the air intake passage and can build up condensate. It should be cleaned out every so often. Juice trapped in that area can also cause a gurgle.

How tightly do you have the airflow adjusted? If too tightly, it can cause a greater vacuum on the juice in your tank than is necessary for proper wicking.

All things to consider.

Jim
I like a tighter draw. I don't over tighten as I've read that really isn't good for any device. The gurgle has always been there from the very first time I used it.

It very well could be that the less air intake could be the cause. I don't like an airy vape.

@Robino1
Out of curiosity, what kind of tank are you using that you have to fill twice a day, Ms. Robin?
The KFL+

Love that tank. :) You have to remember, since I only vape DF, I only use the one tank all day long. Sometimes I will have to top off a third time just before bed.

JoeBattams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Northampton- UK
Is there something special about the glass used in RTA's which is inhibitive to them being made in a curved shape (e.g. to make a glass 4.2ml the same as the SS)?- Or is it just that by making it curved weakens it, and also makes it protrude therefore more prone to breakage?

It's strange that we can have curved bottles, jars and even pyrex jugs but I dont think i've ever seen an RTA with a curved glass tank!

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
Adam, are you going to get the Kayfun Lite+ ones in stock too?

I got one of those Bad Larrys in the mail yesterday. Only time I've put it down was to pick up the KFMV3 or the K4. I have found my perfect set ups with Kayfuns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread