Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Mini V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I usually just rinse/ wet my old wick under the faucet, that usually makes it slide out. At least with my coil and rayon set ups, if the rinse doesn't make my old wick come out, it usually means I put a little more then I should have. Now cotton is slightly different, in that it kind of swells compared to the rayon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

See, things like this i kind of overlook, but is a perfectly good solution. I had got into the habit of not getting my coils anywhere near water for fear of having them go rusty. Only recently i have been thinking that as long as i dry them out with a burn or two then it shouldn't matter at all.

I'm going to carefully rinse it in future.

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
No diving today, but have one scheduled for tomorrow. Today was just a relaxing day at a secluded beach

f8b29349f24919f1d5d236e0644a47e8.jpg
That picture makes me miss Jamaica [emoji17]

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
See, things like this i kind of overlook, but is a perfectly good solution. I had got into the habit of not getting my coils anywhere near water for fear of having them go rusty. Only recently i have been thinking that as long as i dry them out with a burn or two then it shouldn't matter at all.

It's really never rusted mine, like you said, I do a quick rinse of the coil and deck , then a quick dry burn. I then use compressed air to blow my deck off. Usually rinse, pull out wick, then take a tooth brush as well.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

What I have noticed is the Kanthal does produce an oxidation layer on the coil and recently I have been trying SS wire as well which the oxidation layer is alot less. So rust will definitely be different then the oxidation.

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
Oh , you used to live or visit there? I have been to alot of the Caribbean, but haven't been to Jamaica yet.

Vacationed there, probably 6 times over the years. Started going to Negril but took a day trip once to Treasure Beach and fell in love with it. A lot less tourists. The Jamaicans are awesome, no matter where you go!!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Vacationed there, probably 6 times over the years. Started going to Negril but took a day trip once to Treasure Beach and fell in love with it. A lot less tourists. The Jamaicans are awesome, no matter where you go!!
Sounds nice, might have to put in on our list, thanks

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I'm no coil expert, let's get that out of the way real fast!!! But, I do use 30g wire and I can't use the coil master with it. I'm guessing the wire is too thin? I use a 5/64 drill bit, around 7 or 8 wraps and try to land around 1.8 ohms. It's what I've always done
emoji16.png

All that to say, you may not need a coil master.
I use 30g wire all the time as I like how fast it heats up. I don't use any coil gig either, just I've got a couple pieces of coat hanger of different sizes (2mm & 3mm). They work just fine. I also play around with ribbon wire a bit too - you get more surface contact with ribbon (ribbon wire sizes: .5mm x .1mm and .8mm x .1mm). If I remember rightly, those sizes are equivalent to approximately 28g & 26g respectively.

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
PS most of my builds are around 1.2 - 1.8ohm. Works great on my Provari 2.5s and other VV/VW mods. :thumb:
For some reason, sub-ohm didn't ring any bells for me, unless it's on a mech.
I tried really hard to like sub-ohm, just didn't happen!! I also tried to like a Reo Woodvill, but it's just sitting and looking pretty [emoji30]

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, just ordered the KFM3 along a sample of Chocolate and Strawberries. should be here in a couple weeks. Love the great HHV customer service. :thumbs:
And they are shipping it to Thailand or is your daughter acting as your mule?

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
And they are shipping it to Thailand or is your daughter acting as your mule?
They're shipping it here to Bangkok! That's why I added the note about their customer service. Sent a PM to Adam explaining my situation and he said no problem, we'll slip one into your next order. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread