Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
What's the difference between NCR18650B's and NCR18650A's?

Energy density and therefore, capacity. Simply put, they put more chemical goo in the A's than they do in the B's.

I reiterate that since these are not high drain capable batteries, their use is limited to devices that will not exceed 5.0 amps in current. For those devices, better choices exist in Panasonic's NCR/PD or CGH/CR cells, which have current ratings of 10.0 amps.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I think that is because of their size. Protection is 2-3 extra mm. It would be nice if all mods can use protected cells. Vaping would be safer.
I think only Vamo and few others can use long protected batteries.

The Vamo will take a longer protected 18650, but the protection circuitry on the cell interferes with the Vamo's own protection circuitry. They don't play well together and the Vamo quits, takes its ball and goes home.

Robert Price

Oct 25, 2013
Aspen, CO
I bought a two pack of 5000 mah ultrafire 18650 batteries. Not worth it. I think I just got a bad set, but they take forever to charge,(about nine hours) and only last a few hours longer than my efest 18500s at 1100 mah. The efest battery only takes about four hours to charge on the same charger. Buying the better brand from a sight you trust is always the better route.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I bought a two pack of 5000 mah ultrafire 18650 batteries. Not worth it. I think I just got a bad set, but they take forever to charge,(about nine hours) and only last a few hours longer than my efest 18500s at 1100 mah. The efest battery only takes about four hours to charge on the same charger. Buying the better brand from a sight you trust is always the better route.

Everyone on ECF warns people not to buy Trustfire, Surefire, and Ultrafire batteries. They are bad batteries and not worth wasting your money on or wasting your face over.

ExplodingCigar.jpg Trustfire2.jpg

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

Agree with Bad combined with personal experience with "Fire" batts. As far as the UltraFires go the battery guyz have done tests and found:
batts rewrapped and purposely stamped/ mislabelled with a higher mah rating.
UltraFire consistently fails advertised mah tests.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm not sure if this was stated before but this local vape shop of mine acquired some Panasonic NCR 18650 PF and I was wondering of these are good/ safe for subohm vaping? Thanks

I consider them at least as safe as the CGR18650CH Atdam. They are rated 10 amps. I would not take them below 0.6 ohms, but I like a lot of safety margin. 2900 mAh is good too. Vape on :smokie:

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
I also want to know the answer to which are the best (protected) 18650 batteries on the market. I'm not interested in learning about their chemistry, ohms law, discharge rates, protection methods, amps, mah or rebranding.

I just like vaping and want to know what will be safest, last the longest between charges, fit in all or most mechanical mods and thus perform the best. Preferably available from fasttech (if those are genuine ones).

I was checking out the AW P18650 2600mAh 3.7V but do I really want to spend £45 on 3 batteries if I don't need to? Not really.

I don't really need to know why it's the best - just that it is the best ;)

Any Takers? Thanks!

Last edited:

mr_chris_chen

Apr 12, 2014
Bay Area, CA
From my experience, peep the the 30 amp green Sony batteries. There are VTC5 Sony batteries that are 2600 mAh compare to the 2100 in the VTC4.

illuminationsupply.com has them for cheaper than B&M shops. I usually get my mods and RBAs locally anyway so getting batteries, online exclusive juices (Alice in Vapeland, I'm looking at you!) and 50 feet Kanthal wire for $7 is justifiable to buy online. I say this because people have issues with people getting stuff cheaper online. Lol.

Sent through swaaag~

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
Want to know what the best brand, longest charge, most reliable, and where to get them. Help me please! Looking to get a iTaste TVR, and I want a GREAT pair of batteries to keep this tank of a PV running strong.

AW IMR 18650 1600 mah. Make sure you get them from someone reputable like super t or RDT Vapor.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I also want to know the answer to which are the best (protected) 18650 batteries on the market. I'm not interested in learning about their chemistry, ohms law, discharge rates, protection methods, amps, mah or rebranding.

I just like vaping and want to know what will be safest, last the longest between charges, fit in all or most mechanical mods and thus perform the best. Preferably available from fasttech (if those are genuine ones).

I was checking out the AW P18650 2600mAh 3.7V but do I really want to spend £45 on 3 batteries if I don't need to? Not really.

I don't really need to know why it's the best - just that it is the best ;)

Any Takers? Thanks!

Before answering your question, I'll ask you a question. WHY DO YOU WANT A PROTECTED ICR BATTERY?

Unprotected safe-chemistry batteries are now recommended for use in ALL MODS, whether they are regulated or mechanical. - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

Either the Panasonic NCR18650PF 2900mAh or Panasonic NCR18650PD 2900mAh are the top battery in this category. I won't go into the reasons why since you already stated you are not interested in learning why.

In this day of modern battery technology, there is NO REASON to use protected batteries in mods. It's not worth the risk in safety. I won't in good conscience make a recommendation of a protected battery for you.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Personally would recommend a 30 amp continuous battery, especially if you intend to drive your mod near or at max watts. Something like the Efest Purple 35 amp, or the Sony VTC4 would be excellent. More useable power. If driven at max watts an AW 2000 mah bat will stop powering your mod when voltage in the battery drops below 3.9 volts. With a 30 amp bat, will run it till about 3.5 volts. 101vape carries them, but stock move fast. If you find them buy them or will be gone when you look again. Very popular among the Mech and high watt regulated vapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread