Best tobacco for flavor extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
TheBackyShop is still my go to online store in the UK as they have a pretty impressive selection... nothing like the range that Pipes and Cigars offer but certainly enough to keep me going for some time I would think :)
Yeah, pretty good range there, Thanks....I fancy some of Their Greek ciggie tobacco, the Am. Spirit & Gauloises 'alternatives'....&....&
I can feel an order coming on!

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
According to thebaccyshop ws; Gauloises were withdrawn from the UK in 2014.....I wouldn't know...it was prob. nearer 1914 when I last smoked one!!! :)
It still tickles Me that now I don't smoke, I wanna sample loadsa different types of tobacco, whereas when I did....stuck to 'Old Holborn' RYO to the exclusion of anything else!

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
In 2010, I was lucky enough to come across some really hard-to-find tobaccos. I began to make some blends with them, and when I was finally happy with the first one - Magnum Opus - I prepared to release it.
But the cost was too high to sell at the same price as the Signature Series, and the Hearth & Home Marquee Series was born. There are now 12 blends in the series, and for the next week we're giving you the opportunity to save big on Hearth & Home's flagship blends. You can stock up on any or all of your Marquee favorites for only $7.99 a tin!
- Russ

AND Louisiana Red is back in stock (tins)

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Weekend: Four down. Eight to go.

1-20170507_181830_6_bestshot.jpg

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
I hope this is OK here; hybrids?

Conana: 4/2/17, 20/80, no nic. Cohiba net 10%, RFSC Banana 1%; very nice smooth vape. Tobacco and nana blend nice together as both need steep time of 4+ weeks. Just a touch to much nana for myself. I prefer more tobacco flavor. Will reduce Nana to .5-.8% next test. Added to daily rotation.

Red/White/Blue: 20/80, no nic. Louisiana red net 10%, RFSC Cream 1%, RFSC Blueberry 0.5% This one is one of my goto(s). A smokey, creamy, blueberryish, plumish, flavor. The blueberry has "faded" though weekly testings. It has settled in nicely with other flavors making this mix a winner for myself. It reminds me of copperhead, a synthetic tobacco blend from mister e.

The NETs (pure) are vaped daily. I mixed the Real Flavor Super Concentrate (rfsc) for a change of taste.

Last edited:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Much like cinnamon, Banana is a strong dominant flavoring. There's a fine line between not quite enough and too much. It's worth the trouble IMO. Used at extreme low percentages (where the banana flavor itself isn't readily apparent) it can enhance other flavorings like graham cracker, vanilla, caramel etc.. Goes well with many tobacco extracts.

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
Much like cinnamon, Banana is a strong dominant flavoring. There's a fine line between not quite enough and too much. It's worth the trouble IMO. Used at extreme low percentages (where the banana flavor itself isn't readily apparent) it can enhance other flavorings like graham cracker, vanilla, caramel etc.. Goes well with many tobacco extracts.
With rfsc and tested at 2%; this banana is apparent at any %. Just wave open bottle over mixture you might get a "banana flavor itself isn't readily apparent" it's that concentrated. The NETs are my adv(s) now. I started with fruits to off the analogs. I missed the tobacco flavor so synthetic tobacco filled that quickly. Then came across venders of NET(s) thought "I can do that", researched, and here I am. The only synthetic I missed was Copperhead a "warm pipe tobacco with a subtle, creamy blueberry". The second I vaped the La Red I knew to try that with cream and BB. Banana was a "what the hell" moment. I do not want to adulterate the NETs they are great as they are. Buying any flavourings other than the tobacco itself was unforeseen. The 3 rfsc I have will likely go to waste depending on shelf life.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
This has been on TV. I don't know what study they refer to. Anyone else see this?

E-cigarettes and vape pens have been hailed by many as an alternative to cigarettes.

"These things are prettier than cigarettes”, said Mark Clifton, the owner of No Smoke Shop in St. Louis.
“There's definitely some style going on that's probably a part of it.”

Studies show teens have embraced the e-cig trend. In fact, ‘vape competition' videos like this reach millions.

"What's going on is, they're trying to make as much vapor as they can” explains Clifton. “The person with the thickest vape, wins.”

However, “to win” has brought about a new smoking technique called “dripping” that can have dangerous consequences.

Clifton explains: "’Dripping’ is when you take the juice, put it directly on the coil. Then heat the coil and inhale the vapor. It's a pretty intense cloud. The vapor tastes really good. So the more cloud you get, the more vapor you get.”

The problem is that ‘dripping’ is so intense it can lead to nicotine poisoning.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Clifton explains: "’Dripping’ is when you take the juice, put it directly on the coil. Then heat the coil and inhale the vapor. It's a pretty intense cloud. The vapor tastes really good. So the more cloud you get, the more vapor you get.”

The problem is that ‘dripping’ is so intense it can lead to nicotine poisoning.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread