Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Only a couple weeks after mixing this stuff is great: Cabbie’s Mixture (by Samuel Gawith) — Smokingpipes.com

Right now it's mildish but full. Somewhat along the textural lines of Nightcap. Sweet but not cloying. It's as described. Some spice with the Perique in the background. Well blended with neither overtaking the other. Can't wait til it gets older.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
A loyal customer for over 15 years, I've almost given up on buying tobacco from P&C, especially on orders that involve multiple tobacco blends. The number of times they've been out of stock/backordered has reached an alarming level, I've had much better luck using Smokingpipes these days. I don't know what happened to P&C, they used to be a reliable on-line source for tobaccos but they've been sliding downhill the past year or two. Building my last order I was looking for 7 popular name brand tobacco blends, P&C was out of stock/backordered on every single one of them. Smokingpipes had them all...

I agree with you 100%. The giant is ill......

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I just fall over this thread and ... it is outstanding! I'm about reading from the very first page and can't wait to try extracting the essence from my tobacco leftover in my freezer ;)

Be forewarned, making NET can easily become an enjoyable and rewarding hobby. :)

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
Be forewarned, making NET can easily become an enjoyable and rewarding hobby. :)
I agree! It's all around rewarding and enjoyable.
Start now!! Before you know it it's time to mix. The longer you wait to start the longer you are missing out.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I'm sitting here with six mods going at once. Different blend in each. It's one of those nights where every one tastes great and I'm reveling in the delicious.

I just wanted to thank you guys for teaching me how to do this extraction business and for all the recommends over the last year and a half.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Even after all these years my tastes/preferences continue to change. I once vaped hybrids almost exclusively, VaPers (Virginia, Perique blends) were my favorite for making them. Lately I've lost my taste for hybrids and have preferred straight NETs. Latakia blends seem to dominate my daily rotation now. Mississippi Mud, Billy Bud, Bow-Legged Bear, Constellation, Nightcap, Ryujin and Pirate Kake to name a few. Of these Constellation and Mississippi Mud are especially appreciated, the Black Cavendish tobacco adds an earthy, rich, pleasing note. Funny because I didn't really like Latakia blends at first, thought they were too intense and smoky, now I can't seem to get my fill. I still keep other tobaccos in the daily rotation but Latakia blends rule the list.

happy valley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2016
Up on Bear Mountain
A respectful Memorial Day greeting to all.

I know what Str8vision means when writing about changing preferences. I've long had fondness for Latakia in the pipe. I serially went to Lat blends in the fall and winter months, there was always something about cooler weather that brought on the urge for blends that carried the characteristic smokiness that perhaps was reminiscent or seemed to fit well with a whiff of a wood-burning stove on the air.

Recently now, I've been enjoying a bit different direction in vaping, an extract (PGA/room temp/24 weeks) of GL Pease's Cairo, a blend of Oriental, Turkish, Virginia's and a touch of Perique....and no Latakia. The Orientals come forward, for my particular taste anyway, in a very sublime and pleasing way. It's one of those extracts that you know you'll like just from the smell in the extract vial. I believe I'm enjoying vaping this tobacco more than I did smoking it, (not that Mr. Pease might be entirely pleased to hear that :))

Last edited:

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
A respectful Memorial Day greeting to all.
It's one of those extracts that you know you'll like just from the smell in the extract vial. I believe I'm enjoying vaping this tobacco more than I did smoking it, (not that Mr. Pease might be entirely pleased to hear that :))

I know I enjoy tobacco through vaporization vs combustion. All flavor(s) are available as combustion eliminates all but the most robust of flavors. I find even through vaporization different temps (tc mode or not) give different tobacco flavor profile with all other veritables being the same. Time/Ageing is another factor. Bold flavors mellow as minor/secondary level out, and minute flavors are able to be tasted. Making vaporization of tobacco NETs the most favorable tobacco one can do/get. Synthetics seem to lack something still excellent ones exist.
Night Cap (4+ month steep) I'm now getting less of that "English" taste, still there, fading into back ground not as upfront as before. More creamy taste/mouth. Very nice late night/after dinner vape.

Last edited:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Even after all these years my tastes/preferences continue to change. I once vaped hybrids almost exclusively, VaPers (Virginia, Perique blends) were my favorite for making them. Lately I've lost my taste for hybrids and have preferred straight NETs. Latakia blends seem to dominate my daily rotation now. Mississippi Mud, Billy Bud, Bow-Legged Bear, Constellation, Nightcap, Ryujin and Pirate Kake to name a few. Of these Constellation and Mississippi Mud are especially appreciated, the Black Cavendish tobacco adds an earthy, rich, pleasing note. Funny because I didn't really like Latakia blends at first, thought they were too intense and smoky, now I can't seem to get my fill. I still keep other tobaccos in the daily rotation but Latakia blends rule the list.

I like your picks. One thing I must do, is switch liquids after a short time, as my taste buds go on strike sooner than they used to. I guess it probably is do to vaping hard for 10 or fifteen minutes at a time. I can't help myself! lol

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Latakia blends seem to dominate my daily rotation
....& I seem to be travelling in t'other direction!!!
All My macerations (lazy, easy cold PG steep for 8 weeks or so...) apart from wholeleaf, have been using 5g. pipe 'baccy samples (loadsa variety, little outlay!!..) ...except for a 25g. pouch of straight Latakia blending tobacco....'cos it was My Fave!
I seem to be getting a bit 'Lat'ed Out' recently tho' & have been trying hybrids using Virg./Burley/Cigar leaf with Hangsen's 'Red USA' & 'HS Cigar'...& a nice Walnut/Honey/mixed NET (leftovers!!) attempt.
All good fun!

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
....& I seem to be travelling in t'other direction!!!......

Knowing me, and my constantly changing tastes, I'll be headed in the opposite direction before long. That's why I maintain such a large variety of aged extracts/NETs, it allows me to go whichever way I want whenever I want. Variety -IS- the spice of life. :)

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
Finally got round to filtering and mixing up some (cheap) flavoured cigars I heat macerated at the start of the year:

Leon Jimenes Petit Corona Bee Cigar
La Aurora Principe Chicos Brown Flavoured Cigars – (Chocolate)
La Aurora Principe Chicos Red Flavoured Cigars – (Cherry)

Didn't have high hopes for these but I've got to say they turned out pretty good. The Corona Bee in particular impresses me as the honey comes through nicely, thinking it might compliment my other cigar extracts quite well too... £5 well spent!!

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Finally got round to filtering and mixing up some (cheap) flavoured cigars I heat macerated at the start of the year:

Leon Jimenes Petit Corona Bee Cigar
La Aurora Principe Chicos Brown Flavoured Cigars – (Chocolate)
La Aurora Principe Chicos Red Flavoured Cigars – (Cherry)

Didn't have high hopes for these but I've got to say they turned out pretty good. The Corona Bee in particular impresses me as the honey comes through nicely, thinking it might compliment my other cigar extracts quite well too... £5 well spent!!
Both companies make some very good cigars. :thumb:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
What setting does everyone vape NET's on?

I enjoy 1.25 Ohm @ 15W. Kind of like smoking a pipe.

I inhale direct to lung, use a dual coil RDA and build at 0.5 ohms. I vary between 30 - 45 watts throughout the day and go through around 9ml of NET. Back when I inhaled MTL I used 1.0 ohms coils @ 20 watts and went through about 4ml a day.

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
I'm between both Str8vision and yourself with duel ss316l vertical chimney coils at .8 ohm @ 25ish watts. Liquid amount used unknown as I rotate between 6 rtas throughout the day but if had to guess about 10ml. RTA rotation depends on time of day, mood, taste, etc. NETs mixed @ 10%-15%

happy valley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2016
Up on Bear Mountain
What's everyone's preference on settings for vaping NET's? I enjoy 1.25 Ohm @ 15W. Kind of like smoking a pipe.

Have a bunch but a single coil RDTA is my favorite at the moment, SS316 .3 ohms between 25-35 W.
Good question, glad you asked it on this thread, ;). Appreciate the comment about the pipe also, recently been attempting to adjust my technique to resemble that approach more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread