Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
We must have at least 6 inches of snow and it hasn't quit since yesterday.

Hubby took Cash with him to the wood shed and Cash the Wonder Puppy found a mouse under the snow and killed it!!!!! Only 10 weeks old.
What breed is he?? LOL. Doing what he was meant to do.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltblizzardsurvivors.

All the critters are fine and the storm finally cleared off and temps went cold down to 21 degrees. Reno got 7 inches of snow and we got at least that much.

We have to take Rusty to the vet today for a routine checkup and Hubby has a tooth with a temporary that has been hurting him so he needs to go see the dentist. No point in putting a crown on a bad tooth. Hope the roads are cleared out by 10am.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Lizzie, though the snow right be a problem to get around, I think you are relishing all the water that will come from it.

Good morning, Voltites.

Yep, I am very happy to have the moisture. The Carson river is running nicely. Lahontan
reservoir is getting water from the Truckee canal as well as the Carson river and is filling up. And I won't have to try to water the yard for several weeks.

Cash is cuter than a bug and doing well in the snow.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Hi voltvillians!!! It's warm as all get out here and I am enjoying it but I sure wish I could of at least got a couple inches of snow to play around in this year. :( Oh well... There's always next year.

Fiance cut his thumb open on a huge staple while breaking down one of the trailers the :censored: neighbors left behind. It isn't quite bad enough to go get it seen by the ER but its bad enough for me to doctor the heck out of it for the next few days to a week. Tomorrow (today:p) we'll go and buy more first aid supplies like Neosporin, Iodine, Epsom salts and a new bottle of peroxide. I have gauze and tape coming out the wazoo. My mom had a huge gallon ziploc bag chock full o' gauze and a neighbor whose mom passed from cancer gave me the tape.
    I'm good to go with the nursing/doctoring. I've had lots of practice.

I guess I'm going to have to look for an online course in being a nurse or something because the woman who wanted me to work for her stopped contacting me. I guess cuz my fiance and her Boyfriend/life partner (whatever you call someone who lives together as a married couple but refuses to actually get married :?:) Had a big falling out on account of his major attitude (She even said he can be an @$$). He still owes my fiance $$ for work he did for him. :-x:-x:evil::evil::evil::sneaky:

Hope everyone is well and Happy Birthday to both Awsum and 3.

Wuzz, I hope the missus gets better soon. I'm still Praying for you both.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Good morning Voltville. The palm tree saw it's shadow the other day. Looks like we've got six more weeks of Florida. 81 here today but it'll be short lived. Rain tomorrow and Friday when the next front comes through.
    I'd take that. Wuzz

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Fiance's thumb is better mostly because last night (tues night) I wrapped it so well that the cut mostly closed all the way leaving an area open so any blood/or whatever can drain out. (Personally I think its better to let it drain to keep the swelling and infection out) I made him soak his hand in warm water and Epsom salts for thirty minutes and then cleaned his hand up. Applied Neosporin (love that stuff) and a clean gauze and tape. I will redress it in the A.M.

So glad its doing better because at first we were going to go to the ER but they would probably to more harm than good. Last time Fiance was there the male nurse took 15 minutes trying to put on a glove (put it on backwards like thirty times :lol::lol:) Then when he finally put it on he jabbed a needle for bloodwork in his arm ajillion times til finally the ER doc came in and did it himself on the first try. By then Fiance (a tough son of a gun) was a real funny shade of green. Not to mention the medical tape holding the tiles in the ceiling together (Dead serious) I could tell you several more horror stories about that place... But I won't because y'all might have nightmares of going back to a Dr. when you need to. ;)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Yay, @celticluvr glad the BF is doing okay. I am none too fond of the medical profession although there are some good ones out there.

My hip is bothering me and it is cold and icy so my plan is to stay home, read a book and play with the puppy. Cash is in puppy prison while I take a break. He is cute but once he reaches manic it is time for a nap. He is a puppy genius who fetches the toy, goes potty outside and even manages to ask to go outside now. I have some photos so I'll work on downloading those today.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    moanin', Voltaticalytes.

Celti, glad to hear the thumb is doing well. I'm a big advocate of styptic powder and liquid. Stops the blood flow almost instantly, but it does sting like heck!

Lizzie, nice to hear the Cash is making progress with "tidiness". It can be a frustrating process but it is really necessary. I can sympathize with your hip problem, mine give me grief sometimes, especially with weather changes. Even getting comfortable in bed can be a problem at times.

We've had enough warmer weather that all the snow of the "Blizzard of ought '16" disappeared, other than the big piles left by the plows. I was planning on, finally, getting the Christmas lights down today or tomorrow. Unfortunately those plans are covered in another blanket, albeit thin blanket, of snow.

This time it's the wet, heavy, variety and all the trees are cloaked in white veils. There's only enough on the ground to hide the grass and ugliness of the dirty piles left over from the last go 'round and the roads seem to be clear. It's supposed to stop later this AM and the temps will be high enough to melt it all, or at least most of it, away today. The saving grace...Mother Nature put it there and will take it away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread