Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
The place is looking good, Lizzie! Cash is the cutest and smartest, and he seems to know it! :)

He is the cutest and smartest:)

Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Thinking of you Kia, Wuzz and bride, Uncle, Raven and hoping your health issues improve.

The weather is gorgeous and the to do list is never ending. I love spring.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
g'afternoon, Voltatics.

I hope everyone, Rave, Uncle, Wuzz and Mrs Wuzz, Kia, are all doing better and on the road to recovery/normalcy. You're all getting good thought and vibes from SNJ on a regular and continuing basis.

Glad you've got some nice spring weather, Lizzie(and Cash looks really cute!). It's been cool and rainy here for the last three days and will probably continue like this for another three or four days. The wind is out of the east, generally, which means it's off the ocean...cool and wet. Everything is getting soggy out there and outdoor projects are on hold.

We're a little worried about Bo. The leg he had the ACL repaired in is giving him fits even with extra tramadol and gabapentin. The last time I tried to take him for a ride he wouldn't jump into the back of the Jeep so I have a ramp on the way. No way I can get him in and out by myself, not at his weight.

Now, his appetite seems to be dropping. Last night he wasn't very enthusiastic at dinner. Normally when he has his breakfast he's really anxious to eat, but this morning he looked at his food and walked away. I managed to get his meds in by giving him chicken with the meds embedded in it, then he did eat about 3/4 of his food. He did go back later and cleaned the bowl out, but it is worrisome. He's a chow hound at heart like all dogs. When Mrs. Awsum gets home we'll check his temperature, but he was just at the vet, last Tuesday, for his yearly check-up and everything came out fine.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I sure hope you find out what's bothering Bo, @awsum140 I know how it feels when you can't figure out what's wrong and how to help. Do you think the extra meds could be affecting his appetite?

I'm also sending out the recovery vibes, zap zap to everyone.
861498-i201.photobucket.com-albums-aa174-scarlet_ivy-bolt.gif
861498-i201.photobucket.com-albums-aa174-scarlet_ivy-bolt.gif

It's a beautiful, warm, sunny day here, after a long string of rainy gloomy days. Finally, it's "Let's get ready to MOW!":D

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Good morning Volts, Amps and Watts. The Dr. yesterday confirmed what the Radiation Oncologist said about the scan. The cancer has pretty much stabilized and hasn't grown, spread or shrunk. Before last year when this new treatment was approved they would have been out of ammunition to fight it but the new stuff seems to be working somewhat at least. Thanx again for all the prayers offered up on our behalf. Guess I typed this this morning and forgot to hit post. Hope everybody had a great day.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning Volts, Amps and Watts. The Dr. yesterday confirmed what the Radiation Oncologist said about the scan. The cancer has pretty much stabilized and hasn't grown, spread or shrunk. Before last year when this new treatment was approved they would have been out of ammunition to fight it but the new stuff seems to be working somewhat at least. Thanx again for all the prayers offered up on our behalf. Guess I typed this this morning and forgot to hit post. Hope everybody had a great day.

Good to hear, Wuzz.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Encouraging news, Wuzz. You can both fight it with positive imagery.
Oh we're fighting it tooth and nail physically, spiritually and mentally. This isn't my first rodeo with cancer. I'm a 9 year survivor but mine wasn't quite as advanced as hers.
Good to hear, Wuzz.
Thanx Lizzie.

Time to move to the living room for some quality time with my Bride. Laterzz

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
It's been a while since I dropped in to say hi.

First, I continue to send healing vibes to all who need them. I've been lurking, so I know who you are.

Now for tutoring news.

Yesterday, I gave the youngest boy his birthday party, though his actual birthday isn't till tomorrow, but I decided to do it early rather than the day after his birthday so that if tutoring was canceled for some reason, I still had Thurs. to have the party and it would be reasonably close to his birthday. I gave him 2 gifts. First, a small one, which was a pair of blunt scissors. Every child should have a pair of scissors for arts and crafts, IMHO. In fact, we can use the scissors for some projects I have panned: cutting out squares with words on them and assembling them into a sentence.

At the moment, we're working not only on reading simple sentences made up of words he knows but on plurals. All the kids seem to have trouble with endings like the s on the end of plurals and the ed on the end of the past tense. The older ones know this but often don't pronounce them when speaking or write them when they have to write something. So I want to get a head start on that problem with the youngest one. I got started with the others when they were older, when mistakes are more ingrained, so I want to head this one off, and plurals are easier, I think, than past tenses.

So he's also learning to read the numbers spelled out. He knows which numerals are which and can count to ten. We are also still working on adding sounds to words he knows. He knows and, so I add a b to make band, and try to get him to use the b sound in front of and. He's getting better at this, but still isn't sure. I think it's easier for him to just memorize the new word than to make the connection.

So the other gift, the big one, was a Ninjago Lego kit for beginners. He was thrilled, and he used his scissors to cut the ribbon on the big gift to get it open.

His sister is doing well and read for homework a book about the sinking of the Titanic. She used a simple form to make a book report on it, and she seemed to do OK, except she thought the name of the submersible they used to look for the shipwreck was one of the characters.

Her brother has a bit more enthusiasm after a brief slump. We're reading about how Hatian sorcerers make zombies. It's interesting that the subjects that most interest these kids are not ones you can find online as reading comprehension for their grade levels, so I had to accumulate info from articles for grown-ups, and the reading is challenging for him, but he's struggling through it because he wants to know about real zombies, not the kind you see on TV and movies. I was faintly aware of this subject, but of course, I learned a lot more about it during all the reading and research I had to do for him. Next will be Voodoo dolls, which, I learned, aren't so much a Voodoo tradition as we think of it but a worldwide tradition of poppets, mainly European influence. In Africa and Haiti, the dolls are used differently than what you think, where someone sticks pins in them to do harm to someone else. But it's interesting that this poppet business is worldwide, and that from it came the name puppet.

I only tutor the oldest boy on Saturday, and last time, he read about Edward Snowden, and then I assigned him a writing assignment to say whether he thought Snowden was a hero or a traitor.

Next Sat., he'll read "Rikkk-Tikki-Tavvi" by Kipling, even though I suspect he won't like that as well as reading about his one true love, video games. But today, I amassed a history of video games for a future lesson, so he'll just have to put up with a variety of reading subjects. At least he's very cooperative.

He has earned stones for a trip, and he doesn't really have a good idea of what he'd like to go do or see. He said he wanted to go to a movie, and I think it's only because I recently took the others to a movie he didn't want to see. I said I'd do that, but it has to be an educational movie, so he's stumped.

Last edited:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
g'afternoon, Voltatics.

I hope everyone, Rave, Uncle, Wuzz and Mrs Wuzz, Kia, are all doing better and on the road to recovery/normalcy. You're all getting good thought and vibes from SNJ on a regular and continuing basis.

Glad you've got some nice spring weather, Lizzie(and Cash looks really cute!). It's been cool and rainy here for the last three days and will probably continue like this for another three or four days. The wind is out of the east, generally, which means it's off the ocean...cool and wet. Everything is getting soggy out there and outdoor projects are on hold.

We're a little worried about Bo. The leg he had the ACL repaired in is giving him fits even with extra tramadol and gabapentin. The last time I tried to take him for a ride he wouldn't jump into the back of the Jeep so I have a ramp on the way. No way I can get him in and out by myself, not at his weight.

Now, his appetite seems to be dropping. Last night he wasn't very enthusiastic at dinner. Normally when he has his breakfast he's really anxious to eat, but this morning he looked at his food and walked away. I managed to get his meds in by giving him chicken with the meds embedded in it, then he did eat about 3/4 of his food. He did go back later and cleaned the bowl out, but it is worrisome. He's a chow hound at heart like all dogs. When Mrs. Awsum gets home we'll check his temperature, but he was just at the vet, last Tuesday, for his yearly check-up and everything came out fine.
I hope Bo gets back to normal. I will keep him in my prayers. There is nothing worse than when they dont feel good.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Seems it's his birthday today but i didn't risked it until someone said it. Happy birthday Uncle :)

Hi Wuzz! :)

You have given so many, now it is time to receive.
birthday.jpg

1-1.gif

To YOU

54440d1320312634-happy-birthday-ainars-bday02-copy-bday-birthday-gift-smiley-emoticon-000129-large.gif

TO YOU

HappyBirthday.gif

"@Uncle"

__flying_raven_animation___by_jesseth-d34fvum.gif

bth_HBSmileyBalloonsSparkle.gif

To YOU

NOW - Remember to

birthday_07_text.gif

ALL OF THEM . . .

birthday-flasher.gif

s3weDS0.gif

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Hi, Tritium.

I'm not sure how to answer that. He ate normally last night and seemed interested in breakfast this morning, but didn't "chow down" at all. He just came out of the bedroom and is in the kitchen, probably eating. We're calling the vet today and the ramp won't be here until tomorrow, according to FedX, so getting him there will be "interesting" to say the least.

Yup, I her the sounds of the food bowl getting pushed around. I've got to go check on him.

Update - He polished the bowl. Can't figure this one out at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread