Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
'moanin, Volties.

We are getting low dew points, mid 50's, at least until tomorrow, then back into the broiler with steam assist. Guess I'll be working outside all day today before the real heat comes.

We've been getting enough thunderstorms to keep the grass from drying out but that also means the bugs are in full "bloom" as well. Such is life in New Jersey in the summer time.

Have fun at the fat farm, Wuzz. I've got a gym in the basement but lack the motivation to use it as often as I should. I better find the motivation or I'll be buying new clothes.

Still no Rave, Terry or Uncle.
I've got a weight bench, treadmill, stationary bike and a few other things at home but we go to the "Y" 3 times a week. My insurance pays for a membership so why not.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'moanin, Voltizens.

I do the same things, Lizzie, minus the deck building at the moment, but nothing beats targeting muscle groups to burn calories and tone, or even build, some muscle. Although swimming can do the same thing to one extent or another.

I used to be a "gym rat", going to a nice gym three to five times a week and working out at home. It's hard to get that kind of motivation going again, though, in spite of looking in the mirror.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I just do yard work, clean animal pens, clean houses and build decks:)
I stay busy with outdoor activities too but a full body workout with cardio 3 times a week slows the deterioration of ageing a lot. I always thought my work was enough but some muscles don't get used no matter how physical it was. Now that I'm retired and past my sell by date it gets more important every year. Weather permiting I still do 5+ mile walks and 25+ mile bike rides at 72.

'moanin, Voltizens.

I do the same things, Lizzie, minus the deck building at the moment, but nothing beats targeting muscle groups to burn calories and tone, or even build, some muscle. Although swimming can do the same thing to one extent or another.

I used to be a "gym rat", going to a nice gym three to five times a week and working out at home. It's hard to get that kind of motivation going again, though, in spite of looking in the mirror.
I've lost my motivation to muscle up for the beach season. Just trying to stay away from the Dr. as much as possible.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I'm sure you are right about doing special exercising, guys. My dream is to build a second garage put a pool table and some exercise equipment in there.

Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

I need another cup of coffee. I'm doing laundry, pulled some weeds, worked on the sprinkler for the compost pile, picked up the last of the sand cherry trimmings and put them in the trash and I am not done yet.

I'd like to have everything done early since the heat will be around 95 degrees today.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I've got the laundry done and still have some outside things to do before it gets too hot, I hope. I want to run the rototiller in the garden, even though we didn't plant a garden this year, just to turn things over and make the weeds that have cropped up provide some usefulness by turning them to mulch.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Cooled the house way down this morning. 60 degrees inside and 53 degrees outside but the sun is up and it is time to start closing up the house before the temperature goes up to, I predict, 98 degrees today.

I am thinking about grocery shopping before my cleaning job. I'll take an ice chest and buy some ice. That way I don't have to do it when it is super hot out at noon. Summer sucks when it is so hot!!!!

I've been getting weeding done and the yard picked up. I had to rehydrate the fly catching pouches. They attract flies into the pouch with bad smelling stuff and then they drown. I like it. You do have to remember to refill the water every so often. I'm putting that on my weekly chores list.

Not as many hummers so far this year. What's up with that? We do have several but they aren't thick like previous years. Maybe in August.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Thinking of you Raven, Terry, Uncle and Kia. Hope you are all doing okay.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Aloha Voltville. Hope everybody is enjoying their Friday.

Not as many hummers so far this year. What's up with that? We do have several but they aren't thick like previous years. Maybe in August
Guess they all came to Florida. They drink our nectar feeders every couple of days. We haven't see 60 since January lol. I love it hot.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Aloha Voltville. Hope everybody is enjoying their Friday.

Guess they all came to Florida. They drink our nectar feeders every couple of days. We haven't see 60 since January lol. I love it hot.

Yes, I love when I have lots of hummers. I do have hummers. I'm thinking at least 4 but I don't see them much. Of course, they have a banquet of flowers to drink from. We had a temperature variation of almost 45 degrees yesterday.

Gotta clean a house with no A/C this morning. Aargh!

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Yes, I love when I have lots of hummers. I do have hummers. I'm thinking at least 4 but I don't see them much. Of course, they have a banquet of flowers to drink from. We had a temperature variation of almost 45 degrees yesterday.

Gotta clean a house with no A/C this morning. Aargh!
Morning Lizzie. That's a big change in temp. It's still warm here all night.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning Volties. First day back at work yesterday after over two years wore my .... out lol. Slept for almost 11 hours last night. I usually get around 6-7. Hope everybody has a bodacious Saturday.

Wow, going back to work after such a long hiatus is huge. I'm sure I would have slept for 11 hours, aw well:)

When I lived in Dallas I noticed that it didn't really cool off at night in the summer. I never quite got used to it.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltaticalytes.

It does cool off, a little, here at night but hasn't been below 65 in a while. The "heat index" was at 98 at nine this morning and has been climbing, now 101 and it isn't even noon yet. We usually peak out between noon and three in the afternoon. It's just plain, old, hot out there and I'm staying inside with the AC.

Wuzz, I envy you, even with being tired. Being retired is nice, but doing something productive, and producing some money, is a heck of a lot better in my book.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
So a guy says he wants to buy a boat on the local facebook page but it needs to be registered. So I tell him we are putting a boat up for sale. Turns out he will consider buying it but he wants to take it out before he buys it. I told him we sure weren't going to loan a boat out. Haven't heard back from him yet:)

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Good morning Voltvillains. Just got through with french toast and bacon. Took the shortcut breakfast. Lizzie, every time I've ever bought a boat the owner put it in the water and we took a short check out ride that way. Your prospective buyer just gave me an idea. Next time I want a boat for a Saturday rent free I'll just look in the want ads. Down here we if it's over 15' we don't buy without a dry dock survey.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Volties.

We topped out at 99.5 yesterday afternoon with a "heat index" around 108. Just a tad on the warm side. There were some heavy thunderstorms around late afternoon-early evening but they passed just north and just south of our little "estate". They were part of a "cold" front so we're getting the winter gear out in anticipation of the 90-95 temps for today. At least the humidity will be down a bit but the real heat will be back tomorrow and the rest of the week.

I found the best way to enjoy a boat is to go on someone else's boat. The old saying is "the best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it".

Last edited:

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
They were part of a "cold" front so we're getting the winter gear out in anticipation of the 90-95 temps for today
Time to tune up the snow blower. Our night time lows this week are going to be in the 70s. That's autumn where we live.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I found the best way to enjoy a boat is to go on someone else's boat. The old saying is "the best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it".
I suppose that's true in most cases but we like to fish and just go cruising the river and lakes here. There's water everywhere and we have lakefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread