Cthulhu RTA V2 (similar posts to the velocity rda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I lol'd.

10686695_879257015431395_3494978857780257492_n.jpg

And I know there's a lot of folks that have no idea where the name of this atty came from, so:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

Reading that was like Information OverLoad, but it was something I wondered about. Thanks for the link.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
D2L9q04.jpg

This is the 28/34 Clapton I did a few days ago....
UYINgCI.jpg

And this is the fused 28/34 Clapton I'll be trying out in a day or so....

Very Nice rhm, good work, I ordered a spool of 28/32 to try out, but wish I could find something like your 28/34 that was pre-manufactured for us that don't make our own, something like the 'UD' brand wire. You're wire looks nice though, I'm interested in you're findings, like does the flavor/vapor drop off with the 34g versus the 32g, or going from 26g for the center wire down to 28g. I know about the space limitations between the posts on some decks will influence the size of wire used in the Clapton's and such also (the single deck of the Cthulhu V2 for one).

Reactions: TheWestPole

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Not trolling, but I did in fact just buy two more Cthulhu V1s. :p;)

Wow !! You must Really like that rta a lot. :thumbs:

That's OK though, I've got 3 Lemo V1's, 2 Lemo Drop's, 3 Lemo V2's, and when Smog gets me my pre-order for the Black Cthulhu V2, I'll have 2 Cthulhu V2's. One is NEVER Enough !! ;)

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Wow !! You must Really like that RTA a lot. :thumbs:

Oh yeah. Solid deck design, generous juice channels, and compatible threading means they're not just great stock but you can get creative with them. Here's a Cthulhu with a custom big chimney and tank (no DT required). Really packs a flavorful punch. :)

IMAG1333_picmonkeyed.jpg

Last edited:

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
Very Nice rhm, good work, I ordered a spool of 28/32 to try out, but wish I could find something like your 28/34 that was pre-manufactured for us that don't make our own, something like the 'UD' brand wire. You're wire looks nice though, I'm interested in you're findings, like does the flavor/vapor drop off with the 34g versus the 32g, or going from 26g for the center wire down to 28g. I know about the space limitations between the posts on some decks will influence the size of wire used in the Clapton's and such also (the single deck of the Cthulhu V2 for one).
Thanks.... I have to do them all by hand, not liking the drill too much....
I can't really compare the flavor difference between them, the 26/32 coils were duals and so far the 28/34 has been single....
I can tell you that the 28/34 upped the flavor on the single deck, though.... I did a twisted coil when it first arrived and there was very little flavor.... With this Clapton, I diluted a flavor 50/50 with some unflavored and there was more flavor than at full strength on the twisted coil....

Reactions: 52anddone

cappy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
remsenburg new york
maybe someone can chime in and give me a little help....I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but i can't seem to get the juice control to work at all...I put the small ring on first with the grove in and then i put the juice control on.....Is it supposed to screw on or just get pushed in and sit there.....Mine does not screw on.....I am getting dry hits because the juice is not flowing.....I have tried everything...wicking it all different ways.....but i know i am doing something wrong with the juice control....i keep turning and turning it clockwise(on the mod and straight up).....and i can lift it right off....ready to throw this in the garbage!!.....much appreciate some help

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
Counterclockwise raises it. The best way I found to deal with it is keeping the tank off, putting my deck of choice on the base and adjusting the ring clockwise until it get a small gap and then backing it off until the gap is gone. Since the juice control is held in place with an o-ring you'll see it form the gap pretty easily. I didn't my juice control ring because it would just cause a well for the liquid to go into, it keeps the deck integrity.
Um, I don't know what you mean mine works fine without this weird, confusing ring on it.

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
maybe someone can chime in and give me a little help....I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but i can't seem to get the juice control to work at all...I put the small ring on first with the grove in and then i put the juice control on.....Is it supposed to screw on or just get pushed in and sit there.....Mine does not screw on.....I am getting dry hits because the juice is not flowing.....I have tried everything...wicking it all different ways.....but i know i am doing something wrong with the juice control....i keep turning and turning it clockwise(on the mod and straight up).....and i can lift it right off....ready to throw this in the garbage!!.....much appreciate some help
Screw the inner ring with the notch into the outer ring then place the assembled piece on the deck, maybe?
Pushing lightly down on that assembly, turn it counter clockwise until the outer ring starts to lift off from the base of the deck then back it clockwise a bit. That should put you at fully open....

Reactions: stormjib

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
Does the outer ring screw onto the inner ring ok? If so, all you need to do is to put the inner ring on, and then screw the outer ring on just enough to catch the threads...if you screw it down, you're closing off juice flow. I removed mine entirely and it works just fine without it. I found it to be unnecessary. Hope that helps some.

Reactions: Vapin Dave

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Contrary to conflicting comments someone posted a couple of days ago regarding the juice control ring, clockwise actually closes off the juice (raises the inner ring) and counter-clockwise opens it (lowers the inner ring). If you're turning it clockwise after you've assembled it, that is the problem...just turn it counter-clockwise.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
well obviously that depends on whether your looking at it from the bottom or top. I just stick with to open just turn in the same direction to open airflow and obviously the opposite to close. That said i never use the juice control mine is really stiff although my new one seems perfect! sometime i get a small leak when filling if my wicking is mediocre (i'm using 50/50) but for high VG uses i doubt they will have any problems!

Reactions: Thayamax

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
well obviously that depends on whether your looking at it from the bottom or top. I just stick with to open just turn in the same direction to open airflow and obviously the opposite to close.
I'll just say I like to think most people don't assemble their tanks upside-down, don't fiddle with the juice control ring with it upside-down, don't try to determine which direction to twist it while upside down (especially since on a exposed base it would be difficult to see which direction the inner ring is headed) but since you have to point that out then "obviously" indeed.
The easy way to remember is that you turn it in same direction as your airflow. open is open, shut is shut.
That's a good tip to remember.

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
ghlTkzc.jpg
success! I didn't have to do anything crazy for it to fit.... Fused Clapton, 28/34, comes in at ~0.4 ohms.... No dry hits so far, flavor is a bit down, but it has the feeling I'm looking for, not too warm, just warm enough and a good amount of vapor for me.... Not sure that it's worth the work, but I like it....
eGSXQhN.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread