Cthulhu RTA V2 (similar posts to the velocity rda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
O a comparison flavor wise / airflow well to be fair this is my first build and i'm going of memory for some of these ok

Magma RDA WAY Better Air / Flavour well I personally find that tanks give a more satisfying flavour RDA just give you a straight up flavour hit and that's it, a good tanks give me a 'stream of flavour' (im probably crazy) NM going way off track i prefer the Cthulhu v2
Taifun gt 2 - Cthulhu v2 Easly better on both flavour and air imo (and when i say air im not just say more air im also thinking about quality, the airflow on the Cthulhu v2 is silky smooth is lovely)
Kayfun 4 hard comparison because the RTA are like opposites airflow wise I would rate the flavour the same but the experience is so different that there hard to compare.
Kanger Nano - Cthulhu v2 is just way better no surprises there

I have a few other old tanks but there just not worth comparing because there just not meant to compete with this, there just cheap 'meh' tanks.

Last edited:
Yer dont think your going to be able to get Black O rings that said i've seen on or two tanks with extremely similar looking orings they might fit - cant remember the tank name sorry

Firstly the good things

1. I'm currently using just the single deck its vapes great imo, great flavor great vapour! And for a first time build on a new atty it went surprisingly well think i'm better at building on this thing already than anything else i have one build down!
2. No leaks or flooding and i filled it with the juice control open so hey to the person who said that would work think your probably on the money.

However there are one or two things that im not to sure about.
1. The Juice control is seriously hard to turn even once all juiced up, realistically you will change this once and then not touch it until you put a different PG/VG juice in still hoped it would be easier to use..... I assume it will break in so not that worried about it still it was a serious struggle.
2. Found a defect on mine the Positive side of the single coil deck the screw is not centered so it clips the top of the deck 'ear' on one side. only one of the two screws will fit not sure how it fits as it also hit the ear but it does magic!. ( I assume in the long run this will become loose and i'll need to get another positive post)
3. Extremely minor point imo but the airflow ring can not be taken of (at least i think it cant) and its a bit on the loose side.... I dont think it will change in your pocket but its one of the things i think most reviews will complain about....
4. That small metal ring thats meant to hold the wicking in place (and does do a good job) half unscrew every time i take the chimney section of (however it does not disturb the cotton just have to screw it back down) I guess its not a biggy since if you are having a look at your deck your either replacing the cotton or coil but still its something that should not happen, bit of a disappointment.

Over all quite happy with this atty its vapes really well imo, still its disappointing when small things are just not up to standard. Honestly the quality of this atty is weird the external parts are all perfect beautiful 10/10 threading and all the etchings however the deck looks like someone else made it and in a bit of a rush.

I'll give the dual coil deck a go tomorrow and will hopefully try a Ni200 single coil as well.
FYI i used Kanthal 26 gauge 3mm micro coil for the single deck worked a treat however will probably next time build at 2.5mm (tons of room for bigger coils just prefer less cotton to deal with :) so 2.5 next time )
Very good and honest review. Thanks. It will be interesting to see others to compare, especially the machining on the deck. It may be that you need to exchange if others aren't so rushed looking.

I was going to get a Goblin Mini but after seeing this I'm going to hold out on it. Wanna see how it pans out. Eagerly awaiting reviews from everyone here. Thanks for the info from everyone subbed.
I am vaping on a mini right now. I'd get one, it's a great little out and about/stealth tank and on an IPV D2, it just slips in the pocket :)

xenxenogear

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
New update from Smog Distro: Cthulhu v2 update! - Smog Distro

Ok guys, there was a slight delay in our shipment, but they have been shipped from China and i've got the tracking number. DHL hasn't provided an estimated delivery date just yet, but these will be arriving in the next couple of days! Provided they arrive in the A.M., I should be able to get most orders shipped out the same day! :)

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
No and I have emailed them twice asking for an update to no avail. Maybe they took all the pre-orders and ran haha
If I were the vendor I would purposely set yours aside, wait until I shipped all the others, then wait another 2-3 days to ship yours.

Reactions: eddiea

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK
Thanks Deadkaiser for giving us a good first impression of this tank. I hope that we all get the updated version with the revisions to that positive post as that kind of lean would annoy me and I'm not usually OCD. Good to see that they will send out replacements for any bad ones in the first 200 run I hope that happens soon.

I know that this tank has been delayed due to that post problem I just wonder why they would send out defective tanks in the first place, they should have waited a bit longer and got it right before sending anything out. I guess they forgot to factor in the insulator underneath the post looking at it.

I hope that when I get mine I don't have the post and screw problems you have highlighted, that to me just says they rushed it out without proper QC, which is a bit silly when an bad review could be the result. All minor problems that should not be present especially when they are easy to fix, it just ruins a tanks reputation and by the looks of it it has the potential to be really good and the other parts seem to be good.

Still looking forward to getting mine.

Reactions: xenxenogear

PatrickCrowe

Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Chattanooga, TN
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Inappropriate language

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK
Regarding the dual coil deck, the leaning positive pin does look janky...a sign of questionable craftsmanship. I'm sure that is not by design because neither of the posts should look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It seems the peek insulator(?) underneath the positive post screw holes is not sized correctly (over-sized) which is causing the lean.

I think it looks like an after thought or a quick fix for a shorting problem.

JoshuaC

Unresolved Status
Apr 27, 2015
  • Deleted by DreamWithin
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
So i installed the dual coil deck today to give that a go!

The build was easy no surprises there again i decided to use Kanthal 26 gauge 2.5 diameter which gave a reading of 0.55ohms. Really easy build my only qualm was the ring designed to keep the cotton down became a little challenging to screw down once i'd juiced up the cotton. (it would have been nice if the atty came with a spare 'wicking ring', maybe one for each deck because i'm certain i'll loose mine its just so small)

Straight up the flavour was amazing so was the vapour production with my dual coil setup, I am getting some of the most dense vapour I've had to date and the flavour was brilliant. When you get this atty chuck that single coil deck in the bin because once you have tried the dual coil deck you really will never go back. ;)
(As stated earlier my dual coil deck is NOT the final version however it has to be stated is a bit mediocre build wise threading ok but sharp, sharp corners, leaning pillars but it performs beautifully)

O and here are some more images sorry for the low quality of the images I did have time to takes any proper shots
just a quick line up of parts
some pics of the etchings (lol my No. is 1432 how could i possible be in the first 200 pieces hmmm)
Image of off centered screw hole on single deck as stated earlier
Image of single deck Wicking Ring half unscrewed after removing chimney
and some build images

(O and great to hear everyone finally has there attys on the way)

Attachments

• IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1513.jpg
    IMG_1513.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg