Diketones will destroy vaping before they destroys your lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
It was in both as Germany was given Czechoslovakia in 1939 and Russia controlled it after WW II. Second hand smoke is a myth?

Czechoslovakia was in the Austro-Hingarian Empire and occupied by Germany, but was never in Germany. After WWII, Czechoslovakia was free for a few years, until communists took over the government, where it was basically controlled by Moscow. That was solidified by the Russian invasion in 1968, but at no point was Czechoslovakia in Germany or Russia...
I keep reading about the myth of second hand smoke on this forum...

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
To repeat: It is funny how people who are concerned about one flavor component, have no concern over the thousands that are used that have had NO studies done for possible effects from inhalation.

Some of us are concerned enough to vape unflavored.

It helps that I really like unflavored, my level of concern probably isn't strong enough to keep me vaping unflavored if I didn't like it. But since I do like it, I get to feel just a little bit better, knowing that I'm avoiding a particular set of unknowns.

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego

It helps that I really like unflavored, my level of concern probably isn't strong enough to keep me vaping unflavored if I didn't like it. But since I do like it, I get to feel just a little bit better, knowing that I'm avoiding a particular set of unknowns.
Thank you for contributing to this thread in a rational and informed way. Wish more people expressed their thoughts in here like this :)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Second hand smoke is not a myth ... all that crap that coats everything inside and on a smokers house, car, clothes, and everything else ... that is the result of second hand smoke.

And really, anybody that now knows of this vile, brown, sticky crap ... doesn't take a scientist to know this stuff is not good.

I had to throw out a bunch of stuff when I quit smoking ... some things aren't worth saving after all that second hand smoke.

Sent via iPhone

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Second hand smoke is not a myth ... all that crap that coats everything inside and on a smokers house, car, clothes, and everything else ... that is the result of second hand smoke.

And really, anybody that now knows of this vile, brown, sticky crap ... doesn't take a scientist to know this stuff is not good.

I had to throw out a bunch of stuff when I quit smoking ... some things aren't worth saving after all that second hand smoke.

Sent via iPhone

No doubt it creates a coating, but vaping in my car does that as well. There have been a bunch of posts about the 'myth.' Maybe they were by the diketone deniers...

Reactions: Moonbogg

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Pretty sure a lung biopsy is the only accurate test for popcorn lung...
yes it is and, and sufficient biopsy's are done every year to track trends.
They won't generate nearly as much revenue taxing e-cigs like they do real cigs. They could ban e-cigs and keep people smoking and keep raking in the cash. No one wants e-cigs to make it in this world besides vapers. Everyone else wants them to go away and die in a corner. Very few people advocate for vaping who aren't vapers. Diketones are a threat to our lungs and to vaping in general.
except you completely miss the point there is absolutely not even
anecdotal evidence implying the flavorings are harmful in e-juice.
Actually, it is very true. Today, people are exposed to more diketones than the average smoker could possibly consume with high AP content juice and high volume vaping. This is a new kind of vaping that hasn't been around very long and exposes people to more vapor than ever before. People seem to think more is better, bigger is better, and with sport vaping drawing in young people, those are the people who will lose the hardest out of all of us.

Diketones are in factory settings, cigarettes and consumer products, all of which have led to similar forms of lung damage in people sufficiently exposed to those things and environments. Diketones are also in e-juice. How long before vaping can be added to the above list of causes for damaging diketone exposure? If you don't see a link between diketones and lung damage, its because you don't want to see it.

Also, people working in coffee plants where they roast the coffee beans, they came down with lung damage issues as well. Noone knew why until they discovered that the heating of the beans released diacetyl. It seems anywhere diketones are encountered, lung damage soon follows.

Are you aware of any vendor other than Cyclops that has disputed Vaporshark testing ? I would be very curious to find out.

Also interesting that none of the 42 vendors tested in the original round of VS testing have removed their products from VS store. In fact 18 additional vendors are selling their product through VS since then.
every thing you just said is and unsupported and
irrevelent.
5P's has disputed the findings from vaporsmurfs add campaighn.
regards
mike

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa

Sent via iPhone
sorry current science says otherwise.
unless you lick up every square inch of surface area
in any average sized dwelling eating a tomato puts you at
more risk.
regards
mike

QU1T

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Benelux
Reactions: Jman8

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio

Awesome!

I've only recently quick smoking, I'm not sure what direction I will go next, or when that will be.

I do find irony in people complaining about one flavoring component, and accepting all others.

Kinda like the irony of a smoker who wears a seatbelt.

Reactions: Wow1420

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Do you perhaps have a link confirming that please? (honest Q) - many thx in advance.

Edit: Sorry I was being lazy: Study Finds No Link Between Secondhand Smoke And Cancer

Shocker for moi!

I read that also. This is what struck me-

The study doesn’t cover the many other ill effects of breathing somebody else’s cigarette smoke, of course, which include asthma and possibly cardio-pulmonary disease.

Reactions: QU1T

QU1T

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Benelux
And so clean, right? And they love vaping. Vapers everywhere in Prague...

Yes, absolutely, even the brass is always polished & they have loads of it everywhere!, impressive,
I did see a lot of vapers, but no shops!, mind you, that could be due to my alcohol intake, the beer there is great also! :p

Reactions: stevegmu

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Are you aware of any vendor other than Cyclops that has disputed Vaporshark testing ? I would be very curious to find out.

Also interesting that none of the 42 vendors tested in the original round of VS testing have removed their products from VS store. In fact 18 additional vendors are selling their product through VS since then.

every thing you just said is and unsupported and
irrevelent.
5P's has disputed the findings from vaporsmurfs add campaighn.
regards
mike

The only thing i said (all vendors tested are still doing business with VS and eighteen more have joined ) is easily verified by checking their site and is thus " supported " :

Vapor Shark® | Premium E-Liquids & Personal Vaporizers

I also asked you a question which you did not respond to. It is not " irrevelent " because you were implying that VS as the competitor of those vendors has an incentive to doctor results, failing to mention that VS is also a distributor of said vendors and stands to gain monetarily from doing business with them, and the fact that they are still doing business with VS implies that it is a mutually beneficial partnership. As a result of the testing a few of the vendors have stated that they will be reformulating their liquids.

And 5p has not disputed the results of their " add campaighn ", as you call it. In fact 5P does not sell through VS

vaporsmurfs !? come on, you can do better than that.

Reactions: YoursTruli

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Yes, absolutely, even the brass is always polished & they have loads of it everywhere!, impressive,
I did see a lot of vapers, but no shops!, mind you, that could be due to my alcohol intake, the beer there is great also! :p

It really is. I've never been to a cleaner city. Where else do breweries have their own restaurants to serve food to accompany their beer? What's really nice about the centre is no real traffic noise, either, except for trams. The shops are mostly out of the centre, like in Zizkov and Vinohrady. GoldDrive has a few locations also....

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Someone I know, who is a Little Late in the Game when it comes to Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl, sent me this Video late last Night.

And wanted to know if I had Seen It?

LOL

BTW - That is Dr. Ann Hubbs of NIOSH

Clearly the work of ANTS. Just filled up a tank of Halo's Fusion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread