Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Lol, those thingys are great. Most mornings I will fill a two tanks, pop one onto whatever device I am using and drop the other in my pocket.

Thanks for the propers, we do work very hard at not only making our products to the highest quality but the girls also put the time in on QC to limit anything that could slip through and of course attending to our customers.

One thing I would also mention about our customers, man, you guys and gals are the best. The spreading the word on us has been a great benefit to us and we very much appreciate you letting others know where we are.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Just wanted to say thanks. I ordered a RA beveled tank and a custom cut for the AGA Tiamat. You really surprised me with how quickly they arrived! And I have to say that both were a perfect fit (I was a little concerned about the custom - however I measured the stock acrylic with my calipers). Liked them so much so that I ordered the same again today! Was just wondering if you have the AGA size already pre-made or if you do the custom cut on the fly - if you made it to order then I would have to say you must work 24 hrs a day!

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
Just wanted to say thanks. I ordered a RA beveled tank and a custom cut for the AGA Tiamat. You really surprised me with how quickly they arrived! And I have to say that both were a perfect fit (I was a little concerned about the custom - however I measured the stock acrylic with my calipers). Liked them so much so that I ordered the same again today! Was just wondering if you have the AGA size already pre-made or if you do the custom cut on the fly - if you made it to order then I would have to say you must work 24 hrs a day!

Care to share the custom size you ordered for the AGA Tiamat? I'm sure there are plenty who would like to know.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Last edited:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Thanks folks, we have worked quite hard at improving quality and getting prices down to an accessible level for glass vaping gear. While we are quite happy with where we are right now our long term goals are to bring the cost down even more and continue to improve on our products and range of offerings.

dsy. the custom cut tubing is done each day before mail goes out. The Offspring (my boss, daughter and the owner of IBTanked) and the Mrs get the days orders all ready to go and give me a list. So far I have been able to get most everything out same/next day on orders that we get before noon. I have been holding off on shipping the AGA-T stuff as I have one coming to me and would like to fit it, this is the first I have seen for a confirmation on its fit. I did not know if I might need to include orings or if the length might need some small adjustment.

Once I have confirmed fit I will do a large run of them for inventory and these will be listed under the common sizes. Since this is high volume production device the pricing on this tube will most likely be a little lower like the DUD and Chobra tubes once it gets into that category.

I would also ask that when ?s are posed around the forum if our customers would point individuals to this thread it would be a great benefit for us all as I monitor this thread and can speak freely here about our products but in the open forum as a supplier I have to be more restrained in my posting. Plus it keeps this thread bounced up on the first page.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
I have been holding off on shipping the AGA-T stuff as I have one coming to me and would like to fit it, this is the first I have seen for a confirmation on its fit. I did not know if I might need to include orings or if the length might need some small adjustment.

The o-rings on the AGA-T are in a groove inside at the bottom of the base and the top plate - the tank then sits in between them (that is, the end of the glass seals against the o-rings). So I would not think that there is a need to include o-rings. But then again, you're the expert; all I can say is that I have experienced 0% leakage on the tank I ordered with the dimensions specified (20mm dia x 2.5 wt x 23mm len). Side by side with the original plastic tank, they appear identical. And there is no need for beveling as the bottom and top plate are larger in diameter than the actual tank and overlap the tank by a few millimeters on top and bottom.

By the way, in this size of tube, what colors are available? I did not see any representation of colorings for them on the web site.

Last edited:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I dont know the size on that and I have to be honest here and say its not quite the product I would promote. We are very big on quality and value hence our support of both the hand crafted top of the line devices and their inexpensive import counterparts. I do like the provari matching dimples on it, are those caps Stainless Steel?

That said there is probably a good chance one could find the correct size tube to use for those in our custom sizes, one issue we will always run into when replacing plastic or metal tubes with glass is that often times the stock plastic tube is much thinner walled meaning a direct replacement if a size match can be found will be fragile.

Glass will always be glass no matter how thick it is. This is part of the reason why we try to keep our pricing as low as we can so it is not such a bummer when the inevitable happens.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Thanks for the clarification dsy, I was under the impression the tube was captured on the cut ends rather than sealed on the ID, which BTW IMHO is the best way to design a glass tank.

One of the things I want to see is what the tolerance is for the length, this can impact final cost in making them. Our custom tubes are spec'd for size given minus 0.005" but not over. If the tolerance for fit is more like + OR - 0.005" it leaves a little more room in production speeding things up. As you might imagine by the way we price our glass time involved in each piece is broken down into very small increments because a minute here or there can eliminate our margin.

On the colors, any of the solid colors and swirls (any colors can be done in swirls) are available for any of our tubes. Just look at the carto tube colors. Custom Graphic paint jobs are all done 1 on 1 and have to be coordinated with The Offspring (Vikki) through the contact us form on the site, once she has an approved graphic with the customer that is suitable for the size tube she directs the customer to the premium level to purchase for that purchase.

We have been quite tied up dealing with our growth (for which I thank all of our customers) that we have not been able to get to our new colors Satin and Shiny, I am hopeful though that after this coming week we will have things in place to progress on them. These will be more limited in color choices in the beginning as the process is more demanding so it has to be done in larger numbers which means huge inventory numbers when you consider the ever growing list of sizes we are offering.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Thanks for the clarification dsy, I was under the impression the tube was captured on the cut ends rather than sealed on the ID, which BTW IMHO is the best way to design a glass tank.

I guess I'm not that good at explaining things - you are correct, the tube is captured on the cut ends and not sealed on the ID. The o-rings simply sit in a groove on the bottom and top pieces and the tank is captured between them. And yes, an inner seal is much more desirable.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Thanks Baditude, we need all the exposure we can get and you have been a front runner here on ECF in that department and we really do appreciate it. Not to leave anyone out because I know there are quite a few of our customers who have been letting folks know about us and that sincere appreciation is equally well spread. We are new in the game but this almost seems like something that we were meant to do, I have always loved making things and my Daughter needed a job so its almost been like kismet for us.

We very much look forward to continuing to bring forward whatever we can in terms of vaping needs and my inventor side has a great many projects I want to tinker with to see what may come of them. From the first day the Mrs and I started vaping we knew this was going to be a new way of life for us but we had never guessed all this. I was a 37 year smoker and her 25, the day we got our first 510 ONE kits in the mail was January 7 of this year and neither of us had smoke a cigarette since 9:00AM on that day.

Again, many thanks to all of you who are helping us to make all this happen.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I have a couple of box mods I made that I use a lot. I also use a Lava Tube, a BAM I have on loan from a gracious friend and just ordered a BombShell Stinger. Going to get a BAM next then a Provari. The Mrs had used eGo batteries up until recently when I got her a Lava Tube mini, she thought she needed something small and inconspicuous like most folks go through when they start vaping. The LT Mini got her past that so I could quit buying her eGo batteries so I got her a Purple Provari Mini and she loves it, has no problem taking it anywhere.

Of course we are both tankers :) And have a small collection of favorite tanks, speaking of tanks... was in the shop this evening and knocked my LT off a vise on the end of one of my workbenches. About a 3 1/2' drop down to the concrete floor, the Stainless cap had a pretty good scuff on it but the tank didnt even know it had been involved :)

Here is a picture of my Divine box, this is an OKR out of mamu's playbook for the Dena. If you google dena and mamu you will find detailed step by step on how to build one. It is a powerhouse of a mod utilizing the OKR chip and 2 18650s. The display meter is under the chip facing out the other side of the mod.

Divine_09.jpg

This is my pocket friendly tiny mod, Chip was made by a gentleman in Romania and I purchased it from hip shortly after I began vaping and realized I wanted to make some boxes for myself and friends. It has a touch sensor fire button and uses 2 16340s which surprisingly last me close to an entire day.

eagle_finished_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread