Not open for further replies.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I can imagine there were quite of few of them there. Was Conrad sportin the smiley devil?

Think we are going to try and make Vapebash in April to get to meet some of you folks. The Mrs is eyeballin that one in Ireland for next fall... she has always wanted to do a pub tour.

You know, Conrad introduced himself, but I never saw what he was vaping!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Adding custom sizes this weekend that folks can choose from for anything they might fit. Will be about 20 sizes between 16 and 32mm OD, custom made to length up to 40mm. There will also be options for beveling on these along with colors/custom paint jobs for one offs. Should pretty much be something to fit anything in there.

Working on a BAT now for whtt who sent me a BAM on loan to make a tank for it. Going to be 'Dayuum' and 'Oh Hell NO!' for the names of the Standard and XL in an estimated 13 and 20ml sizes :) Should have some pictures next week of this tank. Gonna have to get new thingys for this one 'cause mines too small :blush:

We will work with any manufacturers who want pyrex tubes for their products on a wholesale basis too so if you bump into those folks feel free to point em our way.

lexi60

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
utah
I just wanted to post here and thank OCD for the custom tubes I recived. They are perfect!
5ehy3esy.jpg
8unuteha.jpg

Thank you OCD!
They are the exact dimensions I needed.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
You know Basil I have talked to a couple of people about this and I dont think its really a good idea. Put glass on the liquid tank part and use metal or some other material that is easier to work with for the top chamber (if I am thinking about the right kind of device there). Part of my reasoning is because of the difficulty of making such a small hole in glass and the other part is because how difficult it would be for the end user to make an adjustment if the draw was not right for them.

You know I am always up for fitting glass to something new but I also want to make sure I am offering folks things that would be good value for them. Convince me if I am wrong on this, I can be hard headed but I can also be swayed by good sense.

Good to hear the new tank came in, you have the washers with this one so maybe it will fair better in a tumble. The Mrs has dropped her go tank twice this week. First time it broke the carto and acrylic drip tip and left the tank unscathed. Second time it cracked the tank but its still together and not leaking. She is gonna use it till it gives up :) One more drop and its prolly done.

Dont know if you caught BLKs recounting of the abuse his first skull tank went through but it was a couple of pretty rough tumbles and its still going strong even with a broken carto and trashed drip tip along with a few new scars on a SS mod. I have been quite impressed, stuff happens and thats just the way it is but these tubes are tough.

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
I've placed 3 orders in the last couple weeks...3 clear tanks, 1 smoke tank and 1 mushroom/tree painted tank (which is too cool!) some stainless (painted and non-painted) end caps and some acrylic end caps, and some extra o-rings. All were 19mm.

I couldn't be happier with the products and service.

I'm already planning on some 25mm tanks and maybe something custom painted.

These glass tanks are REALLY NICE.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hey Mark, glad to hear you found us and even better you appreciate what we are doing in bringing top quality at great prices.

Just shoot the Offspring a note through the Contact US form on the site for any hand painted requests.

Thanks also for bumping us, this thread gets buried here pretty quick.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
It is nice Junque.

Woot, folks were fiddling their thingies at Vaporcon? In public :)

They do work great, easy to pump a ml or so into a carto right in through the wick holes so it fill from the bottom. Also if your juice is thick and tends to run dry you can keep the thingy in your pocket and drop it in, take a few seconds to fiddle it and be back in business. Any time I go out I have a spare tank in a thingy in my pocket though I yet to be asked "is that a thingy in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me" :)

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
It is nice Junque.

Woot, folks were fiddling their thingies at Vaporcon? In public :)

They do work great, easy to pump a ml or so into a carto right in through the wick holes so it fill from the bottom. Also if your juice is thick and tends to run dry you can keep the thingy in your pocket and drop it in, take a few seconds to fiddle it and be back in business. Any time I go out I have a spare tank in a thingy in my pocket though I yet to be asked "is that a thingy in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me" :)

lmao!!! i hope i never get asked that :-/

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
For baditude in answer to his question from another thread.

On the pyrex, it is a bit of a misnomer these days. Back when it was invented it was both a brand name and descriptive of the type of glass it is which is borosilicate glass but the brand was sold and now pyrex brand glass products are made by World Kitchen and it is a soda lime glass. So its a bit confusing as most people think of boro/pyrex as being the same, at least I do and at one time it was.

As far as brands we use only the top producers for our materials to maintain quality in our products. We looked at a lot of the lower cost glass out there and found things ranging from dimensional consistency issues to rough handled material and have even been told some lost cost glass suppliers dont event properly anneal their glass from the factory which is very important to us since we never heat the glass so the finished product has the same annealing as the tube did when it left the factory.

Boro glass is quite tough stuff from its low COE which allows it to heat and cool rapidly without shattering to its resistance to mechanical shock which is important to us when we are a bit clumsy. In the end all glass will break though and sometimes it may only take the tiniest of encouragement. It is kind of like the keystone that holds together the entire building, find that stone and you can tumble the mess with little effort but the rest of the building is tough as nails. Had a friend who was a glazier and he told me of wearing a ring carrying large sheet glass, just a little tap in the right place at the right time and a huge pane rained down on him... he never wore rings after that ;)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For baditude in answer to his question from another thread.

As far as brands we use only the top producers for our materials to maintain quality in our products. We looked at a lot of the lower cost glass out there and found things ranging from dimensional consistency issues to rough handled material and have even been told some lost cost glass suppliers dont event properly anneal their glass from the factory which is very important to us since we never heat the glass so the finished product has the same annealing as the tube did when it left the factory.

Boro glass is quite tough stuff from its low COE which allows it to heat and cool rapidly without shattering to its resistance to mechanical shock which is important to us when we are a bit clumsy. In the end all glass will break though and sometimes it may only take the tiniest of encouragement.
This is the information that I found useful. The reason I asked is I have had a couple of "pyrex" tanks from a competitor of yours whose tanks are in the same price category as yours. I occassionally am careless in where I lay my gear, and over the last few months I have laid my mod on a chair and it has fallen to the floor. Each time with the competitor's tanks the glass has completely shattered, despite that glass being twice the thickness of your tanks. Your tanks have fallen a couple of times and nary a crack. It could be only coincidence or luck, but I wondered about the possible difference in the quality of the glass or how it had been "annealed (?)".

Again, I have 5 of your tanks and love them. The slimmer tanks are the perfect size for my Provari and BB mods. I recommend them quite frequently on ECF, along with pics of them on my mods (click link in my sig).

Thanks for your detailed answers. Continued success for you and your family. :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread