Fixing loose cartridges on an M-401 electronic Cigarette

Discussion in 'M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini' started by Terraphon, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Terraphon

Terraphon Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
  2. Stylopora

Stylopora Full Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2009
    Cambridgeshire UK
    great tip many thanks indeed

3. testerjtester

testerjtester Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for posting this Terraphon, just came across it and I've been having trouble with loose carts on my Pilot.

I wanted to confirm that I understood something correctly from the video. You made 4 indentations parallel with the long side of the cartridge, each 90 degrees apart?

Guess it'd be hard to make them go the other way, but wanted to be sure I didn't completely misunderstand... :)

Also wanted to ask if this can help when the cartridge warps out of shape - I have several that are more ovoid than round at this point, I'm assuming due to the heat of the atomizer, but I guess they could have come from the factory that way...

Thanks!

4. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Tester--What Terraphon did was to make 4 burn marks at the Noon, Three, Six, and 9 O'clock positions. This causes a heaving up of the plastic so that it holds snug when attached. As for solving a cartridge that is out of round, I do not think that this would help that issue---Sun

5. Terraphon

Jan 12, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Yeah, I'm not sure that it would help either but...it's certainly worth a shot.

Carts can get out of round when they're heated up too much by the atomizer (somebody's really ripping on that pilot to get it that hot) and become pliable. I have a few that are like that, as well...I haven't tried a fix but I may at some point in the future.

By all means, though, try this and see if it helps. If not you've not really lost anything.

6. testerjtester

testerjtester Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Got it, thanks Sun and Terraphon... and yep, I've been hitting the pilot hard trying to work out my various issues, hopefully I'll be easier on the carts in the future!

7. Denni

Denni Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2008
    UK
    I have an atomiser that's too big for the carts and draws too much air and I solved that problem with a piece of sticky tape around the cartridge.

8. Terraphon

Jan 12, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    That'll work, too, for units in which the cart slips inside the atomizer. In this case it goes on the outside but the concept is the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.