GG4S (monkey style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Scheiblingkirchen, AUSTRIA
I think that there is too much plastik on the + side pole ... I experienced that "it feels" like I have to press the button harder (as I found out later) ... I took everything apart many times cleaned the threads with zippo - white gasoline ... and the rest as shown by you with mesh - I tried to screw the screw in the button not as much to make it stand out more ... but it didn't get better sometimes it even did not make contact ... until by chance last time I took another battery where in the same GG4S it worked just great ... so i checked all my batteries ... and some seem to have more or higher plastic on the +pole - ... can you actually rasp it away a little with mesh - does that make sense or do you have any other ideas ? or should i just recycle the battery and get a new one ?

in any case - THANK YOU again my friend ... !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gekka

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
I think that there is too much plastik on the + side pole ... I experienced that "it feels" like I have to press the button harder (as I found out later) ... I took everything apart many times cleaned the threads with zippo - white gasoline ... and the rest as shown by you with mesh - I tried to screw the screw in the button not as much to make it stand out more ... but it didn't get better sometimes it even did not make contact ... until by chance last time I took another battery where in the same GG4S it worked just great ... so i checked all my batteries ... and some seem to have more or higher plastic on the +pole - ... can you actually rasp it away a little with mesh - does that make sense or do you have any other ideas ? or should i just recycle the battery and get a new one ?
!
Maybe you can change the top O-ring with a thinner one. Or you buy the GG4S AD Atomizer Cap. Then you have a pin with better battery contact.

Reactions: BTHUNDER

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
I will try to find a thinner O-ring ... but I guess since I have both the AD and non AD version ... I have the problem on both versions ... so it must be something different ... and the funny thing is that it doesn't happen with another battery ... (the problem occurred with a purple efest and it worked with a green sony konion - both Flat)

IMEO ... I clean the brass body always on the outside with mesh - as you showed it in your video ... or did you mean to clean it inside ... I also clean the button out & inside as you showed us as well as the screw ...

THANK YOU guys ... I hope I don't bug you too much ... but I thought maybe somebody else might experience a similar problem and this could help solve it ...:glug:

and since I am in asking mode here - i might stretch my luck :) :) :) IMEO do the Tilemahos V2 or V2 plus tanks 21mm fit on the tilemahos V1 ???

and by the way IMEO ... did I mention that I L-O-V-E the GG4S & Tilemahos combination ??? Have a great evening !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gekka

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you BT! Enjoy the combo buddy :)

No, the tanks are not interchangeable because of the refiling cap and mouthpiece. But I think that if you change the refilling cap and the mouthpiece too then it will fit

As for GG4S: Is the side pin screwed well?

Last edited:
Reactions: BTHUNDER

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Recently I bought the same batteries Nandy and I noticed the same thing on one of them. I looked better and I saw that the negative pole of the battery was sticking out of the plastic that negative pole has around. Thats a problem because battery sits lower on GG4S. The solution is a fatter o-ring. It seems that orbtronic batches are not the same all the time

Reactions: NandyDC

mclhead

Mar 16, 2013
long island, ny
Hey, Bthunder...I was having the same issue and tried all the solutions noted above with no luck. I ordered a new center bottom-contact screw to see if it would make any difference.

The replacement screw was longer on the threaded portion, and the head was longer also. Maybe we're the two unlucky customers who got bad negative contact screws. Order a replacement screw, it may do the trick.

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
Talking about the GG4S and batts my problem is the opposite as BThunder, with some batts the mod fire with out pressing the button. Recently I got some Orbtronics SX33 and are useless with the GG4S because of this. The Sony VTC4 and Samsung works perfect for me.
I too had the same issue a little while back. My older Orbtronics flat tops worked fine. I got a couple new ones and the GG4s would fire without pushing the button. Seems like Orbtronics has changed something with there production or cells they use. The negative side is now flush with the plastic sleeve and the outer corner is more rounded. See the picture here - GG4S (monkey style)

Fatter o-ring is the solution. I used these in my GG4S's and it works fine now with the new Orbtronics flat tops.
GG4S (monkey style)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hey, Bthunder...I was having the same issue and tried all the solutions noted above with no luck. I ordered a new center bottom-contact screw to see if it would make any difference.

The replacement screw was longer on the threaded portion, and the head was longer also. Maybe we're the two unlucky customers who got bad negative contact screws. Order a replacement screw, it may do the trick.

Its not that mc. Its the fact that center pin got shorter from cleaning. Thats why the new screws are longer now. The last much more now :)

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Thank you BT! Enjoy the combo buddy :)

No, the tanks are not interchangeable because of the refiling cap and mouthpiece. But I think that if you change the refilling cap and the mouthpiece too then it will fit

As for GG4S: Is the side pin screwed well?

THANK YOU IMEO & all you guys out there trying to help ... I guess I have to try some more things now ...

@gekka ... what do you mean with "round" battery ??? this problem occurred with the regular purple efest 18650 / 35A flat-top cells ...

@mrZoSo ... which size of O-ring would you suggest ??? does anyone of you guys have a source of where to purchase spare O-rings ???

@mclhead ... yes I will also try to order some new spar pins and screws ... just in case :)

@imeothanasis ... IMEO ... of course I screwed the sidepin tight ... I always doublecheck ... I guess I will put everything apart and try again ... as well as try to get some different sizes of orings to try ... AND ... to be on the safe side :) get some new batteries as well :) :) :)

THANK YOU everybody very much for trying to help ... as my german friend @breminator always says ... you never walk alone ... and that's what I really appreciate and what I am grateful for in the GG family ... CHEERS guys :) !!!

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Its not that mc. Its the fact that center pin got shorter from cleaning. Thats why the new screws are longer now. The last much more now :)

ahhhhhh ... i need to tell my girlfriend that "I was cleaning too much" ... I can hear her laughing already :) :) ... but that could be ... maybe I was cleaning too intensive :)

gee ... I need to check vassilis site for spares :) :) :) :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
So, I ran into a battery issue with the GG4S. Got some new Orbtronics and the bottom(negative) is different and when I screw the GG4S back together, with the button locked in the Off position, it fires!

The new Orb is on the right. As you can see, the 'corner' is more rounded and the pole actually protrudes a slight bit.
neworb.jpg

I tried a thicker o-ring(2.3) but it was too much and wouldn't fire at all. Can't find anything locally that's between 1.5 and 2.3, that's even if it will correct the issue.

Your thoughts Imeo?
thats exactly how my orbtronic is Mr. I had the same issue. My thought is an o-ring that is 2mm in width but smaller in internal diameter than GG4S tube (GG4S tube is at 18,6mm, so we need an o-ring at 14mm internal hole and 2mm in width). That way it will have room to expand when battery is inside and battery will be able to push it more.

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
THANK YOU IMEO & all you guys out there trying to help ... I guess I have to try some more things now ...

@gekka ... what do you mean with "round" battery ??? this problem occurred with the regular purple efest 18650 / 35A flat-top cells ...
I had a batch of no-name batteries where 2 of 10 batteries doesn't work. The negative pole was not flat, so the pin makes only contact in a very small area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread