GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
@Perseus can you consider doing a bottom channel on future tanks at the bottom. Like you do at the top of the Heron. If you had one ring at the bottom where the o-rings sit it would hold it down more and keep it more flush I think. Is here a reason you didn't allocate a small channel for the bottom o-rings to slip into ? Maybe it allowed leaking ? It could be so shallow - just a tiny groove would allow the Hnp to look like one piece when full. When I don't have a build in it there is not much disconnect but with a full tank it creates that separation. I think a very shallow channel for future tank bodies would really help enhance the appearance in hybrid. If I had any skill whatsoever I might tray to add one but I don't !! Maybe there's a reason too. :)

Thanks!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
@Perseus can you consider doing a bottom channel on future tanks at the bottom. Like you do at the top of the Heron. If you had one ring at the bottom where the o-rings sit it would hold it down more and keep it more flush I think. Is here a reason you didn't allocate a small channel for the bottom o-rings to slip into ? Maybe it allowed leaking ? It could be so shallow - just a tiny groove would allow the Hnp to look like one piece when full. When I don't have a build in it there is not much disconnect but with a full tank it creates that separation. I think a very shallow channel for future tank bodies would really help enhance the appearance in hybrid. If I had any skill whatsoever I might tray to add one but I don't !! Maybe there's a reason too. :)

Thanks!

Check it again with the updated topper please, it is the pressure from the topper's tiny o-ring that raises the sleeve. If the pressure is not adequate, leaking will occur, and it is already there an internal bottom bulge (it can be traced with the tip of the finger).

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
GP BF .... very nice :)

Edit: maybe come a steel tank - with the logo on it as on spheroid and heron - I am not a fan of "seeing the mess in the rda" :D ;)
In such a small size a SS tank would have poor heat dissipation and the PEI is translucent, you don't see clearly inside. If there is enough demand to justify production, we could make a black PEI cap.

Suchtie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2014
Vienna / Austria
In such a small size a SS tank would have poor heat dissipation and the PEI is translucent, you don't see clearly inside. If there is enough demand to justify production, we could make a black PEI cap.

Yes a black one will also be nice :) ... but most rdas run with a SS or Alu Cap and they are ok ... Origen, Derringer, Thumb,
Stumpy, No Pain/Gain, etc. ... and I have no Problem if the rda is a littel bit warm/hot .... IMHO ;)

But I know what you mean ... I let myself be surprised :)

Also it would be fine to make a 20mm Version for REOs :D :D :D ;)

(sry for my bad english - hope it is ok)

Best Regards

Reactions: perseas

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Yes a black one will also be nice :) ... but most rdas run with a SS or Alu Cap and they are ok ... Origen, Derringer, Thumb,
Stumpy, No Pain/Gain, etc. ... and I have no Problem if the rda is a littel bit warm/hot .... IMHO ;)

But I know what you mean ... I let myself be surprised :)

Also it would be fine to make a 20mm Version for REOs :D :D :D ;)

(sry for my bad english - hope it is ok)

Best Regards
You're right, there are many RDAs with SS cap, but in this case the drip tip is part of the cap and I doubt if the experience of handling it while being hot is desirable. Alu cap is not our cup of tea :)
Thank you very much for the feedback, I keep notes of all the interesting things posted here.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Check it again with the updated topper please, it is the pressure from the topper's tiny o-ring that raises the sleeve. If the pressure is not adequate, leaking will occur, and it is already there an internal bottom bulge (it can be traced with the tip of the finger).

Really? I can't seem to find that bulge. I'm not really getting leaking but it does raise it a bit. Would replacing the I ring wijnsinethinskightkynkess thick help out ? Why does it stay down when empty if the o ring is stopping it. - that was my first thought but when I saw it flush when empty I assumed I was wrong. I'll look at that bulge I can't believe I didn't notice it Thanks for your help. I'm wishing for my friend to send the new cap. He had an emergency out of town and for a while j had no firm address. So it should come next week. In the mean time is there anything I can do with the o ring ? I may have some tiny ones similar to that I may try. Thanks again.

@ the Others
As for the dripper. I'd like to see a pure mtl small bfa. I've never seen a device capable of good lung hits that truly excels and stands out for flavor configured in single coil flavor mode. In fact id say most are poor when simply build single cool and closing large air flow down with adjustable ring and such. To begin the air intakes larger than 2mm affect density of vapor greatly - which is why I reduced the heron air hole with tubing, like the tubing in a taifun gt2. If you build the heron the same and leave the air adjustment at half. Then reduce the internal air hole below the cool to 2mm you'd be very surprised at the difference in density. I find The density of the spheroid is better due to the smaller air hole too. That's what led a few of us to try it.

Also for a bfa. Converted drippers with wells don't usually work well with just s bottom feed conversion. Juice doesn't flow back so you lose the leak protection offered by true squonking setups. And you also lose the fresh juice with long wicks and such. So I'm curious to see how this one is configured. Especially if the air is side intake or below the coil intake. I've never been a fan of side intake devices. Wth the exception of Origen v3 and that's sort of a mix of the two.

Hopefully gp will have a huge level of success with their dripper and expand to make a pure flavor squonk Atty which allows proper draining and doesn't have any kind of well. As well as being small like the spheroid for maximum flavor. For the larger one discussed now I'm going to have to wait and see. It's not something I'd be comfortable ordering first batch as my desires are very specific and I have a lot of stuff now. I'm onky going to buy something that exactly fits my criteria now. I've done more than enough testing to know agonize attributes I prefer at this point and to see behaviour patterns in design elements. For the most part I can tell how something will vape without trying it, small intricacies withstanding.

I know I'm also a minority's shrinking daily in that I don't direct lung or want a ton of airflow and prefer small chambers even at the cost of more frequent refills.

I'd think with the new tanks gp could offer a top fill conversion for the heron with a top cap replacement. That would be interesting. A pei dome tank with a top cap which screws in to cover fill holes or something similar. In chorus what the next spheroid and heron may hold. I can't imagine the spheroid could get much better. And I'd think the heron will move away from the mouth to lung to stay in line with majority demand. It so interesting the way things work and that simply closing down AFC on a large air intake does not vape remotely the same as a reduced air intake all the way through. Along with other design characteristics it shows the level of expertise they have and hints at the time it just take to development products at this level.

Keep up the great work!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate them. Mouth to lung and lung vaping are two vastly different ways to enjoy a juice and the last 3 years, numerous persons started vaping for first time without ever being smokers, especially the younger people. During the first Vapefests in UK the majority of the gathered vapers were between 25-50 years old, but after 2013 the younger generations started vaping and this happens worldwide. They don't see a need for restricted airflow, neither enjoy it, because they never smoked, they look at vaping devices as pocket friendly hookahs, they want more flavour and less nicotine and of course they love clouds :)

I am a MTL vaper as you, but I see the merits of the other side and satisfying both is not always feasible.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
A few posts back I asked if it will be bottom feed only or sealed. P replied that standard will be bottom with a510 pin to fill the hole bore. Exactly what that means I'm not sure but knowing P, I have my ideas. Today's photos were more teaser than full revelation again.

Yes but if there's a juice wel then it's not going to be a real Bottom Feed - at least to
Me I don't see any reason to have a juice well on a bfa when you're just allowing juice to sit outside of the container and long wicks in a juice well wick more slowly than a bottle squeeze.

The thing I'm finding with my four bfa and attempts into squonking are that I don't care for side air flow. Particularly because it requires me to have the hole in a soecific spot which then means I could be blowing vapor onto my face and it doesn't work as well for the density I discussed earlier.

In excited to see how it works. I'm sure squonking is going to become even more
Popular with the ridiculous European capacity legislation. You can sell a bottle and he customer can repurpose it for squonking.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate them. Mouth to lung and lung vaping are two vastly different ways to enjoy a juice and the last 3 years, numerous persons started vaping for first time without ever being smokers, especially the younger people. During the first Vapefests in UK the majority of the gathered vapers were between 25-50 years old, but after 2013 the younger generations started vaping and this happens worldwide. They don't see a need for restricted airflow, neither enjoy it, because they never smoked, they look at vaping devices as pocket friendly hookahs, they want more flavour and less nicotine and of course they love clouds :)

I am a MTL vaper as you, but I see the merits of the other side and satisfying both is not always feasible.

I just saw this. I understand we are a part of a dying breed. I'm glad I was able to find such great products as the spheroid and heron before mouth to lung options from great manufacturers such as yourself cease to be. It's remarkable to me that the new to vaping people don't try both. What I don't understand is why they want to give up so much flavor. Because taste occurs in the nose and tongue the direct lung bypasses a lot. I do understand I'm a dying breed and I'm don't want to take he shine of your new product. You guys always make great stuff. I understand I'm not the only audience ;). In interested to see how you handle making the product dual
Purpose. Because so many have tried to do that and only managed to be acceptable for mouth to lung (as you said it's so different it's almost impossible to make somethings great for both types).

I have faith in your company. You. To release top quality products. I'm not typically a brand loyalist but I am with GP. Because of the way you treated me as much as your products. So I will always come first to you to try your products and even if one doesn't fit my needs particularly I can absolutely see a quality product for what it is. I have some lung hitting gear. I find that there is less separating good from great at the top end. The considerations are different but since flavor is so limited for me once you have s setup that doesn't get too hot and is easy to build. That's the end of the search.

In excited to see your future products.

What colors can be done in the new material (pei?) ? I appreciate having tanks which don't crack From Different juices and the added durability I'm just not a fan of the color. It seeks this new product is going to be a very refined and high functioning product. I wonder how he final looks and how you'll et that GP class into the products with plastic tanks. As the stainless products can be finished to achieve a high class look. I'm sure anything you release is going to be extremely well researched and considered.

I only left my thoughts because I know you don't take Offense when a family member has opinions , even if they don't match yours. So I just thought I'd present mine :)

I'll wait and see how this new one works out. I
Probably won't be able to get one due to overwhelming demand anyway !

Ps tried trimming the I ring on the initial heron v2 top cap. Can't say that worked it too well. My friend said he would send the top cap this week so hopefully it will
Arrive.

Did you decide yet on whether you'd start selling AFC rings with different finishes. Or top caps. Especially with the new tank options it would be nice to have those options. I don't think I see it in the parts on your page. But if possible if
Like to Get a spare AFC ring for the heron v2 that's polished. Or that I can polish. For when t goes out of HNP mode. I find the uniform brushing in 510 to be overwhelming and out of HNP mode I think it looks better with some
Polished accents. Bt I don't want to mess up my uniform brushing !!

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thanks again for the kind words and your trust to our company!

Send an email to info@vapourart.com regarding your request for an AFC ring with different finish if you like, but the fit won't be seamless, because it will have been polished separately. By giving emphasis to precision machining and seamless integration of the different parts, we limit our options to offer parts with different finish after the sale of the main product. For that reason there is an option for custom finish prior the order. Nevertheless, for those who are handy with tools we recommend the GP Polisher & Brusher adapter (PnB) for custom finish.

Black PEI might be a second option in colours for the GP Dripper, we'll see.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Thanks again for the kind words and your trust to our company!

Send an email to info@vapourart.com regarding your request for an AFC ring with different finish if you like, but the fit won't be seamless, because it will have been polished separately. By giving emphasis to precision machining and seamless integration of the different parts, we limit our options to offer parts with different finish after the sale of the main product. For that reason there is an option for custom finish prior the order. Nevertheless, for those who are handy with tools we recommend the GP Polisher & Brusher adapter (PnB) for custom finish.

Black PEI might be a second option in colours for the GP Dripper, we'll see.

Thanks i have the pnb kit. I don't want to ruin the seamless finish. That's why I want a second AFC ring. I can polish the 510 adapter (top) for the paps so when I mount something other than the heron which came with the HnP it has a bit of pizazz. I'd also like to have a spare AFC I can either have polished or polish with the pnb kit so when I mount the heron on something else it too can have pizazz. I'm happy with the Hnp combo however I plan on getting a 350 and 500 tubes and switches which I'll use with the top cap ordered with the Hnp. And sometimes I like temp control and want to use the heron and therefore mount it on another mod. Those are the circumstances behind wanting to polish a second part. If I use the heron and a second 350 tube for example the mirror finish AFC would look great since it won't be uniform anyway.

If I use the pnb in not sure how I'd polish the AFC without screwing up other parts of it. I'd be worried to go over the ring and mess up the uniform finish. The cape cod cloths can probably get s pretty good shine gt not as mirror as the pnb.

The v3 tubes have the logo as opposed to just the gp initials right ? For a paps mod only I'd rather have that logo so I guess the v3 tubes in 350/500 and v4 switches is what I need ? Aside from the logo change I think the difference is slightly reduced weight and a mm or two of height ? When ordering a switch can we specify the finish of the locking ring?

Black tank would be ok for a black box mod. It's a shame that material can't be acquired in clear. Blue. Red.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully that clears up the reasoning for the polish. While I have the pnb I'm not sure how to use it. I have a cheap mod I can test it on but I need to figure out exactly what sandpaper or whatever I need. I wonder what would happen if I used a cape cod cloth in conjunction with that kit. I need to check out s proper how to video about t so I don't make a $300 mistake and hate myself. Aesthetically I just happen to like some of the versions I see posted here and there in two tone finishes and with the circle logo and so forth. I like the uniform simplicity of the current piccoloid and Hnp but when used with third party mix and match I've seen some dead sexy gp finishes. I only arrived this generation so some of the combinations I see are new to me and I'm not sure exactly what they are.

Ps
I did a fluff build tonight. With my high VG 6mg juice there's a substantial increase in throat hit when using fluff and removing the top cap
On the heron v2. I found that very interesting. It's my ADV so I'm certain of the increase and the cause / relationship. That may come in handy as I like high VG due to mild allergy but am missing throat hit. I'm going to see if the spheroid has a similar result. I'm really liking a space 8 wrap 2mm id ss 316 coil with native wicks in the heron. Absolutely no idea what the resistance is. Probably 1 ohm roughly. Anyone with stainless should try that build. Good density from the spacing. And of course reduced inner air channel to 2mm

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
The v3 tubes have the logo as opposed to just the gp initials right ? For a paps mod only I'd rather have that logo so I guess the v3 tubes in 350/500 and v4 switches is what I need ? Aside from the logo change I think the difference is slightly reduced weight and a mm or two of height ? When ordering a switch can we specify the finish of the locking ring?

Yes, the v3 tubes have the Heron engine engraved. For a GP PAPS mod you need 3 parts: a switch, a tube and a top cap, all can be different versions, except the HnP switch which will not fit so seamlessly with other tube combinations as with its own parts, because it has been polished as a whole. And yes, you can leave a note inside the order for a mirror polished finish. Currently they are out of stock, but we may find one for you, if you email us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread