Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Just think retic....in a few months time you could be saying "Neighbors? What neighbors? I dunno anything about any neighbors...." :evil:
My neighbors have a Boston terrier that barks if the wind blows , I think he'll be on the menu . :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Major flooding behind my home again. I don't know if my fence will hold or not. I had to pay a guy to fix it for me with the last deal. I don't think it is as bad as last time. But it is the 2nd highest I've seen it. I've lived here about 26 years. I've been paying for a drainage tax for probably 25 years or so. It is no better, it is worse.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Horrendous weather here, again. Enough is enough already.

Which is why the roof has been postponed until next weekend. The leading edge of the front should arrive here later today, and stay for several days. So now I get to have a 20 Cu. Yard dumpster and three pallets of roofing supplies as lawn ornaments for a week. Still, it's better than exposing bare roof to this rain coming in.
Maybe I'll just do some yard chores before the rains arrive.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well it is daylight. The water has come down quite a bit over the last hour. I don't know how high it got. But I did see it was almost over the 5ft fence, when I woke up. I just came back in from outside. It broke my fence again. But I had put some reinforcing poles in where the guy fixed my fence, until the ground dried. (it never did dry down to the concrete post holes) That area seems good. The lower corner is messed up again, and the back side broke. I'd say roughly half of that will need work, or more. The fence has leaves all in it again from the flooding. That is probably what broke part of the fence last time. A whole pallet, and broken trees broke the fence last time, in the back. More logs are probably what broke it this time too. Weak trees break in that fast current, and go downstream. I had reinforced the chain link to the poles with extra wiring too. Had I not done that, it would be worse. I am just blessed that it didn't get to the house.

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Build an Ark ! Or just tether a Houseboat to your property.
Seems like this flooding is more and more common for you. Have they 'Developed' something nearby that would cause the runoff to veer your way ? Major Roadway, Shopping Mall/ Plaza, or something of that sort been constructed within several miles of your house over the last several years ?

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Papaw, yes they have developed new things not far from here. I am sure that has something to do with it. I just came back in from looking outside. The water is very close to what it was in March. I have trash, leaves, limbs, logs, and no telling what else back in my yard now. My neighbor has a big log leaning on their fence too. They need to dredge the creek back there, and if necessary concrete the sides. I have complained before. But this was just a few hours of raining this time, and not days. (or even a whole day) I am ticked. I just called hoping to leave a message. But you can't even do that. They will hear from me the first of the week.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well it is daylight. The water has come down quite a bit over the last hour. I don't know how high it got. But I did see it was almost over the 5ft fence, when I woke up. I just came back in from outside. It broke my fence again. But I had put some reinforcing poles in where the guy fixed my fence, until the ground dried. (it never did dry down to the concrete post holes) That area seems good. The lower corner is messed up again, and the back side broke. I'd say roughly half of that will need work, or more. The fence has leaves all in it again from the flooding. That is probably what broke part of the fence last time. A whole pallet, and broken trees broke the fence last time, in the back. More logs are probably what broke it this time too. Weak trees break in that fast current, and go downstream. I had reinforced the chain link to the poles with extra wiring too. Had I not done that, it would be worse. I am just blessed that it didn't get to the house.
Meanwhile, we need rain bad here!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Papaw, yes they have developed new things not far from here. I am sure that has something to do with it. I just came back in from looking outside. The water is very close to what it was in March. I have trash, leaves, limbs, logs, and no telling what else back in my yard now. My neighbor has a big log leaning on their fence too. They need to dredge the creek back there, and if necessary concrete the sides. I have complained before. But this was just a few hours of raining this time, and not days. (or even a whole day) I am ticked. I just called hoping to leave a message. But you can't even do that. They will hear from me the first of the week.
KK, maybe get your neighbors (all that are being affected by this) together and go down there together.

I hope that you can get something done!

{{{hugs }}}

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Bronze, I wish you could have some of this, then! This storm has pushed almost into several states now. Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Iowa, South Dakota...and it is almost to Wyoming. I hope some of those folks needed the rain, we sure didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread