Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
This wasn't the ISP. It was the Windows Live Mail dude (supposedly). My ISP initially said it was a Windows Live problem. So she gave me a phone number to call and I got this dude. So I wonder if he was with Windows Live. I got in his ear in a big way as soon as he said he could fix it for $369. I'm sure I put him on his heels and then he came down to $199. I knew it was a scam then.

My ISP didn't say it would take 7 days, they said 7 days would be the longest. Probably depends on their schedule and the depth/seriousness of the problem. I got the impression they were pretty concerned with this one because of the volume of emails and that I was the first they saw of this. I'm already down from 1,000/hour to 103/hour. It has come own 90%. Is it because the spammer is running out of gas or the ISP is picking them off I don't know.
Sounds like your ISP was passing the buck starting out . And yup Microsoft is becoming one big scam , too big for their britches IMO . Hopefully your ISP does something quickly if they haven't already . Wonder if there's any way to track that piece of crap that's screwing with you ?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Sounds like your ISP was passing the buck starting out . And yup Microsoft is becoming one big scam , too big for their britches IMO . Hopefully your ISP does something quickly if they haven't already . Wonder if there's any way to track that piece of crap that's screwing with you ?
Yeah, I'm hoping they get on it quick too, Ret. Like I say, it sounded like they were concerned. Not for me so much but they didn't want this spreading to other customers and having it blow up their servers big time. Since they never saw a bombardment like this before I suspect they want to nip it in the bud. There has been bombardments before but they have always been relegated to a limited number of domain names. Mine appeared to be all different and that's what they were perplexed by.

As for passing off the problem you're probably right. The desk jockey I initially got tried a bunch of things and took a long time trying to help but couldn't solve the problem. So I give her credit for making the effort but I think it was above her pay grade and that's when she passed me off. I'm actually pretty happy with my ISP. They are easily accessible and usually helpful. Kind of rare for a ISP/cable company. I'm sure there are other ISPs Ret but I've actually had decent luck with this one. I'm not sure I could improve on it.

I'm with you on Microsoft. Their near-monopoly status has gone to their heads. This business where they automatically schedule a W10 conversion is bullpoop. Both Dust and Lori found out about this nasty stunt while thy were helping me. Sounds like Microsoft is getting a lot of flack for it. Whether it changes this practice is another story.

I wish I could find out who did this. Honestly, I'd mess him up bad. I don't know if they could find the perpetrator. Probably some punk in his underwear sitting in his mommy's basement with nothing better to do. He runs out of boogers to pick so he goes around hacking people to kill time.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Talked to Ms. Lori and Dusty tonight. They're geeks and I knew they could give me some guidance. Blabbed with Lori a bit and she went off to check some stuff for me then Dusty called and I spent two hours on the horn with him. So he went through a bunch of stuff. He feels it is relegated to my one email address (not necessarily a nefarious hacker but a spam bombardment). So he gave me a few things to do but I'm in a monitoring mode for a bit to see where this thing goes. If it persists then I may have to kill that email address. That would be a pain too. I called my stockbroker where all my money is and froze my accounts until this thing sorts itself out. PITA!!!

Lori and Dusty are awesome!

Good thing you got your $$ safe. I feel for ya Bronze - hope you get your com cleaned up soon. Hated it when Windoz does crap like that. No such problem with Mac. :D

I don't miss the constant BS associated with Windows for 1 second , if I ever feel the need to play games on this computer and reinstall windows it'll be in a dual boot configuration with Linux and I will shut down all networking in windows period , I'd highly recommend dumping Windows to anyone that doesn't have a need for it . Linux won't stop an email bombardment but it's a hell of a lot harder to hack .

Ditto with OS X.

I agree Papaw! My hubs picks up the phone now and then and starts yapping at them in German, just for grins. Really ruins their day.

LOL, I could do that with Thai. However, we don't get many phone sales.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Bronze doooood I feel for ya.. that BS really bites a big one hope you get it resolved soon...
Thanks Killer. I'll be fine. Just glad my puter didn't get hacked. I like to share this information with others so they can better protect themselves.

I did call my CC company and they basically told me there is nothing more they need to do beyond what they normally do. I can believe that. These CC companies really have an eye for fraud. She reaffirmed that I will not be responsible for any fraudulent charges. But I knew that because I've gone through this with them twice before.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Bummer about that bronze.... I didn't get caught up on posts, but did it have to do with that windows 10 upgrade we were talking about?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
No Dive. It's been relegated to one email account I have. But what Lori and Dusty said they learned that when you hit the x on the box asking if you want to update to W10 it automatically scheduled it for a later time. That is some dirty tricks there. But no, W10 doesn't have anything to do with my email issue.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
image.jpeg
I drilled my RM2 out slightly for just a tad more airflow , it's easy to do , brass is soft , also you'll wanna cut a notch in the bottom of your juice feed tube to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the bottle , BTW what you got it loaded with ?

Checked it and it was a 1/16 bit that I used on the RM2 , it's still a tight draw but coil placement is a less critical with a little more flow .

I may wind up messing with it once I get it all figured out and such. Heavenly Army, the last I have, in the bottle. I've been saying I need to order some Dragon's Fire but I kind of blew the vape budget this month. Soon.

Users who are viewing this thread