Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Going back in the wrong direction. When I first got hit it peaked at 1,000 spam mails per hour. Last night it went down to 103 per hour. It has gone up steadily since and now it sits at 804 per hour. I'm using another email account for critical stuff (like ordering HHV). :)
So now is your ISP trying to figure out where they're coming from and how to stop it? Looks like you'll be getting a new email address to replace this one. I have about four email accounts, but only one I use for mail.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Heya army,
My son's antibody level was stable though still high,doc is lowering his steroid dosage and will re check in two weeks.If it becomes unstable again they will try some other treatments as steroid use is not a good long term solution.They still have no sure reason for it being high,doc says could have been triggered by a virus or maybe is a reaction to other meds he is taking (for stomach, lower tract issues).
That's odd. I understand not wanting to be on long term steroids. You'd think there would be other remedies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So now is your ISP trying to figure out where they're coming from and how to stop it? Looks like you'll be getting a new email address to replace this one. I have about four email accounts, but only one I use for mail.
They're investigating. What exactly that entails I do not know. I wish it included giving me the name and address of the perpetrator. :D

I really don't need to replace the email address. I have several others I use for various things and I can also create more with the same domain if necessary. Losing an email address is like losing a wallet or keys. Just a pain in theass to recover from.

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.
That's odd. I understand not wanting to be on long term steroids. You'd think there would be other remedies.
Yep,there are other medications,but Prednisone is usually the most effective and is first choice.
Usually the cause is remedied earlier than my son's case,he was becoming a veritable pin cushion from all the tests they've done on him.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yep,there are other medications,but Prednisone is usually the most effective and is first choice.
Usually the cause is remedied earlier than my son's case,he was becoming a veritable pin cushion from all the tests they've done on him.
Prednisone is a highly effective medication for many things. It's too bad it cannot be a long term solution.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Heya army,
My son's antibody level was stable though still high,doc is lowering his steroid dosage and will re check in two weeks.If it becomes unstable again they will try some other treatments as steroid use is not a good long term solution.They still have no sure reason for it being high,doc says could have been triggered by a virus or maybe is a reaction to other meds he is taking (for stomach, lower tract issues).
Yo DD, what up? Hope they find the cause and get things settled down for your son.
How's Mama DD?

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Sheesh. I feel so bad for you and Mom and son. I'm still thinking this is an auto-immune thing, Hashimoto's comes to mind though you may have had him tested already. Has he ever been tested for Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPOAb) and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TgAb)? If his TSH is normal, (and it generally is, for Hashimoto's disease) most doctors refuse to go any further, which is the reason I ask. Only those 2 tests would identify it. Whatever it is, I hope he's already on the road to wellness!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning, and Thank God it IS Friday ! ! ! Easy run today, then take Judy uptown to another doctor. Now she's talking about Botox Injections into her right shoulder and right foot to alleviate the pain. I think the young lady is putting far too much faith in the Medical Community. If it were me, I might be thinking Lawyer by now. But, she says she agreed to the terms and accepted the risks just to get rid off the cluster headaches (which I've heard can be brutal). Seems so wrong to me. But, I am not the one going through all of this.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day, and a Great Weekend when you get to it :)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
They're investigating. What exactly that entails I do not know. I wish it included giving me the name and address of the perpetrator. :D

I really don't need to replace the email address. I have several others I use for various things and I can also create more with the same domain if necessary. Losing an email address is like losing a wallet or keys. Just a pain in theass to recover from.
Yeah, I'd seriously want to break my keyboard across the person face.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
She's doing ok-getting around,but having to move slowly .
Don't know if you read or not, but Mama Chak just broke her leg up near the hip bone, so she'll be going through the same thing. Maybe even more so, I think, as she's hemiplegic on that side.

Users who are viewing this thread