Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Re how much menthol: you could get 1 Dark Horse and 1 Menthol Ice and let him experiment with how much menthol he likes.
You could try getting some Blade Runner too. I was a menthol smoker and in my first year vaping, I used to mix Dark Horse and Blade Runner as one of my early favorite vapes. (But I smoked Nat Sherman Naturals which are more minty than menthol.)

BTW, Army, I have several aged (like almost 2 years) HHV NETs that are great. It may not be recommended to keep them that long but I was curious and the result of my experiment is they are tasting great. I think the Gandalf /Legend got even better! The cherry pipe tobacco taste is more prominent. The other standout is Dragons Fire.
vaping these on an (authentic) Veritas rda, vertical dual coil build , and an "Orchid v4" RTA horizontal dual coil.
A Veritas user!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Good afternoon, Army!

We have a cement drivway now. Kitchen cabinets have been delivered. Looks like the tile work is done. House is painted.

Will post pictures soonish.

We've been getting quotes from movers.

December is going to be an especially busy month. I think I'm looking forward to it :blink: :D

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You go Robin! I'm sure you're amped up about owning your own home.

I am so ready!

Cabinets were installed today!

The people doing the grading took down the nasty fence that was on the property line. I don't know if they got permission or if the fence was actually on our property... I am thrilled that it is gone though. Looks like they re-surveyed the property since there are new survey stakes there right now. It makes the house and site look so much better. Soffits are also installed now. There is a hold-up on getting the electric company to run the lines from the pole to the house :(

odI9TT9.jpg

Master Bath

Iy7HkxY.jpg

Kitchen

tzdBHsi.jpg

5yMIevj.jpg

All in all, it is coming along fabulously. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Wow, that's looking very nice. And good to get rid of that seedy fence too. What are you getting for landscaping?
They will sod.

By law, they have to plant 4 hardwoods. If any of them are oak, I am taking them out. The oaks down here have small leaves and are a Mess.

We've been looking at what we want for palms for privacy and have it in the budget how much they will cost.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
They will sod.

By law, they have to plant 4 hardwoods. If any of them are oak, I am taking them out. The oaks down here have small leaves and are a Mess.

We've been looking at what we want for palms for privacy and have it in the budget how much they will cost.
I know what oaks you are talking about. They are very messy. Don't look like a regular red oak or white oak like we have here. Although, these are messy too. We had a bumper crop of acorns this year and they carpet the ground. In the spring there will be dozens of little saplings all over the place. The squirrels like em. They also are messy when they shed their stamen in the spring. But honestly, all trees are messy. Poplars drop their leaves throughout the summer. Sweetgum have those hideous, midevil looking gumballs that rip your foot apart. The hickory drop those hickory nuts everywhere. The maples are sappy.

Maybe you can ask that they not give you any oaks, huh?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I know what oaks you are talking about. They are very messy. Don't look like a regular red oak or white oak like we have here. Although, these are messy too. We had a bumper crop of acorns this year and they carpet the ground. In the spring there will be dozens of little saplings all over the place. The squirrels like em. They also are messy when they shed their stamen in the spring. But honestly, all trees are messy. Poplars drop their leaves throughout the summer. Sweetgum have those hideous, midevil looking gumballs that rip your foot apart. The hickory drop those hickory nuts everywhere. The maples are sappy.

Maybe you can ask that they not give you any oaks, huh?

County code says the builder has to plant 4 hardwoods. I, on the other hand, don't have to leave them planted ;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Robin, ask the dude if he can replace the oaks with something else. They might do it for you.

When/if we see the landscaper... I've said something to the contractor but I don't think he has a say. The sales person at the builder wasn't much help either.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
When/if we see the landscaper... I've said something to the contractor but I don't think he has a say. The sales person at the builder wasn't much help either.
If a nice sweet, lady such as yourself asked me to replace the oaks with something else I would have a hard time saying no. BTW, those messy oaks you're talking about are called Live Oaks.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm surprised they don't have codes as to where they plant them.
I wouldn't doubt they do. But I can always have them moved or move them myself :D

The builder is majorly constrained in what he can or cannot do. We do too but a bit more lax plus we don't have an inspector looking over our shoulder after we get the keys to the house.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I wouldn't doubt they do. But I can always have them moved or move them myself :D

The builder is majorly constrained in what he can or cannot do. We do too but a bit more lax plus we don't have an inspector looking over our shoulder after we get the keys to the house.
I sorta understand it. Can't have them too close to driveways, sidewalks, foundations, underground pipes, electric lines, etc....They cause nasty problems when the grow.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I sorta understand it. Can't have them too close to driveways, sidewalks, foundations, underground pipes, electric lines, etc....They cause nasty problems when the grow.
Unfortunately, Port St. Lucie is pretty permit happy. Almost as bad as a HOA. But it is closer to civilization LOL Where we are in Ft Pierce.....we drive down to Port St. Lucie to get to any stores like Best Buy, Men's Warehouse etc.

Take the good with the bad. We are pretty good at keeping to rules, as long as they are within reason.

Users who are viewing this thread