Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Evening Army. My new (to me) Mark Bugs Chalice III arrived today, with a couple of sample bottles from Halo (Belgian Cocoa and Tiki juice) at 6ml nicotine. I've heard the seller is giving up vaping...
Wiota - after 21 years and over 2 1/2 million miles, if I could do something else I would. There is nothing romantic about Trucking. Most of the Old Timers have gotten out. Government Regulations are getting ridiculous. State Patrol sees Trucking as a Revenue Source any more. Driving in the dead of night is still bearable, but daytime driving - particularly around metropolitan areas, is too stressful. Competition for freight contracts is so cut throat that companies are battling each other to find profits, and the legality of a serious accident by anyone in the fleet can close an entire business. The CB Radio is dead - I can go over 100 miles without hearing another voice. Most truckers are so stressed and angry anymore that I usually just stay to myself.
If you can do something else - do it.
Time for a few hours sleep before getting up early and doing it all over again. In eight years this will all be a memory...
Good Night John Boy...

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
@Bronze, I'm loving the Radius. I pretty much only use the other ProVari after I have put the Radius on the charger for the night.

On the homefront Rick and I installed the drop down attic stairs in the garage. Wheeeeee we actually did it! :D

Now we are putting a floor in so we can actually store some things up there. Since we don't have basements here, attic storage is a must have. Still have a lot to do but we don't want to kill ourselves by doing too much in a day. Rick is not a handyman but he tries ;). I used a jigsaw for the first time today. It's fun! I think he tries to power through where I let the saw work instead of me.

We are making friends in this neighborhood and have gotten together several times. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
@Bronze, I'm loving the Radius. I pretty much only use the other ProVari after I have put the Radius on the charger for the night.

On the homefront Rick and I installed the drop down attic stairs in the garage. Wheeeeee we actually did it! :D

Now we are putting a floor in so we can actually store some things up there. Since we don't have basements here, attic storage is a must have. Still have a lot to do but we don't want to kill ourselves by doing too much in a day. Rick is not a handyman but he tries ;). I used a jigsaw for the first time today. It's fun! I think he tries to power through where I let the saw work instead of me.

We are making friends in this neighborhood and have gotten together several times. :)
I'm lovin' my Radius too. Vintage ProVape quality. I can go two days on a charge...easily. Feels great to hold and use. What topper are you using on it?

Nice work on the attic. Yes, gotta have one there.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm lovin' my Radius too. Vintage ProVape quality. I can go two days on a charge...easily. Feels great to hold and use. What topper are you using on it?

Nice work on the attic. Yes, gotta have one there.

I'm using the KFL+. I could not warm up to the other Kayfun. I still have it and someday when I have a week or so without a major project, I will go back and look at getting it figured out.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm using the KFL+. I could not warm up to the other Kayfun. I still have it and someday when I have a week or so without a major project, I will go back and look at getting it figured out.
A hanger onner. That's OK. Nuttin wrong with the KFL.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
A hanger onner. That's OK. Nuttin wrong with the KFL.

I'm in the camp of once I found my vape nirvana I quit looking :D

It's really important for me to know my devices and how to get them working and what to do when they have their moments. I know that if I start getting liquid from the air hole, it's absolutely time to clean the coil since it cannot vaporize the liquid efficiently.

;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm in the camp of once I found my vape nirvana I quit looking :D

It's really important for me to know my devices and how to get them working and what to do when they have their moments. I know that if I start getting liquid from the air hole, it's absolutely time to clean the coil since it cannot vaporize the liquid efficiently.

;)
I'm just glad you graduated from the Vivi. :)

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Wiota - after 21 years and over 2 1/2 million miles, if I could do something else I would. There is nothing romantic about Trucking. Most of the Old Timers have gotten out. Government Regulations are getting ridiculous. State Patrol sees Trucking as a Revenue Source any more. Driving in the dead of night is still bearable, but daytime driving - particularly around metropolitan areas, is too stressful. Competition for freight contracts is so cut throat that companies are battling each other to find profits, and the legality of a serious accident by anyone in the fleet can close an entire business. The CB Radio is dead - I can go over 100 miles without hearing another voice. Most truckers are so stressed and angry anymore that I usually just stay to myself.
If you can do something else - do it.

I hear you (and actually heard it before). Thx (I guess) for confirming :)
But interesting that there actually still _is_ CB radio - even though it's unused. It used to be a hobby of mine when I was a young "boy" (small town, no car; CB radio was the only source of party late at night :D)

But still, bummer - maybe I should become an Uber driver as a second job to get out and about. But then again, who uses Uber in Ohio?

Have a nice day y'all

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
well... theres always "hot Shot" or in other words " On Demand Drivers"...
basically on call 24/7 to deliver commercial computer parts, medical samples, transplant organs ( pays really well), legal documents that require water marks ( attorney pressed/raised seal marks) and on rare occassions, "unknown" not to be identified parcels.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
So essentially Uber for things :D
doesn't sound too bad (if it pays) - I don't adhere to any specific timezone anyway.
Do you need any permissions/licenses or just use or own car and go?
And how do you get calls? Is this a freelance business where you cooperate with some agency or ...?

So many things to figure out, but plenty of time left. We booked a flight to Boston on May 17th, but we're only gonna stay two weeks to have our greencard activated. Then it's back home to Germany until my wife's got her master's degree.

and btt (for a change): just revisiting my 6 month old batches of Gaia and PB. I didn't like them too much when I received them. Enjoy them a lot more now, being used to DF and Legend it's a "dirtier" vape. But I like for a change :)

Users who are viewing this thread