Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
www.herbs2000.com Ailments
has been a great resource for me. I haven't been on there in a while. You can click on different ailments like cancer, and see what it says. Sometimes that site is too much info for some people. I love it, but haven't been on there that much lately. Lots of their articles on particular herbs (little nuggets) went into my journal, I'll tell you that.

@kkay59 fascinating web site!!!

On a side note, the turmeric tea is not bad. Sweetened with manuka honey... :thumbs:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
You've been looking in my kitchen cupboards, aincha!Robin, pm me an addy .... Keurig is for the little mini serving pots of coffee grinds yes, as opposed to x number tablespoons?....There's one in particular that I love which is "vanilla macadamia nut" It brings out the best in the coffee, but doesn't override the coffee itself.

As far as sweet coffee without adding sugar..I don't know if you brew your coffee via a regular coffee pot, but have you ever tried flavored coffee?

Eight O'clock coffee (brand) makes a lovely french vanilla coffee that you don't need to add any sugar to, to make it relatively sweet and very drinkable - And it's a good price too!

Also, there is a Hawaiian coffee company that does TONS of different flavors.. their coffee is to die for and just like the Eight O'clock coffee no need for sugar. (The Hawaiian blend is a little more expensive though) - Its called Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee Company and the package looks like this:

iipsrv.fcgi

My preference is the Hawaiian coffee as it's a little richer, so more flavorful, and the Eight O'clock coffee is my second favorite for economic reasons.. it's close in flavor and for the price it's not bad at all.. comes in a close second anyway.. (i use the Eight O'clock coffee whole beans and grind them myself - with some cardamom - when I make Turkish coffee)

Other than that, you can also try your local farmers market or other place where you might find some specialty coffee that is flavored.. my son buys me some various specialty coffee from the farmers market near him and mails it to me from time to time as gifts.

It will get you completely away from added sugar if your so inclined.. :)

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You've been looking in my kitchen cupboards, aincha!Robin, pm me an addy .... Keurig is for the little mini serving pots of coffee grinds yes, as opposed to x number tablespoons?....There's one in particular that I love which is "vanilla macadamia nut" It brings out the best in the coffee, but doesn't override the coffee itself.
Yes, little self contained pots. I do have reusable ones that I can fill so even just a bag of coffe will work.

Those keurig pods are kinda expensive if you think about it. I like them for the convenience but I have about three that I can fill on my own and just wash/rinse and reuse.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Brain is a bit on overload. :blink: but soooo much info.

Tonight we had salmon cakes with onion (good for fighting cancer) and steamed broccoli (another good cancer fighter) with no butter. I love broccoli so not having butter didn't bother me....too much. LOL.

Think I will continue reading with another cup of tea. ;)

I feel empowered!!! :D

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You've been looking in my kitchen cupboards, aincha!

Hahaha.. nope, just a connoisseur of all things coffee.. the only coffee I found that I feel beats the kona coffee beans is an Italian coffee I found. But the cost on the Italian is astronomical plus shipping from Italy makes it rather prohibitive most the time.. it's a special treat on very rare occasions, but I haven't had it in a few years.

Now, a friend of mine who loves all things high end coffee swears by a coffee she found from France,but I haven't ever tried it so I really can't say..

But honestly, that Hawaiian coffee bean really is one of the best beans in the world.. it's definitely up there, and comparatively speaking, for the price, I'm happy with that for a special coffee treat! ;)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Coffee lovers - yay! A secret I found for French press is to do a pour over of the hot water on the grounds then let them sit for at least 1 min. That allows the carbon dioxide (monoxide?) to escape the beans. Results in the creamiest richest coffee ever.

I knew @kkay59 would have good info! :thumbs:

Yeah, it makes me so mad that healthy food is so much more expensive than the "weaponized" food most of us consume. That is so not okay. Grrr.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I did a search for "seeds" as it relates to colon cancer. Didn't find anything.
I know. I did the same thing. I think that it is a term only used in and among the medical staffing community. It's not official terminology.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
@classwife cayenne pepper sucks in tea. :lol: I'm getting it down but holy :censored:

I read that pepper combined with turmeric makes the turmeric more beneficial. All I did was one (maybe two) tiny shakes. Whoooo wheeeee. Some spicy tea!

Will try another time tomorrow and really go lightly. ;)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Robin, if you go to TJMaxx they have that "makua honey turmeric tea" (with pepper) in teabags and it will be a lot cheaper there. They also have some fun healthy things, trail mixes, flax etc etc if any of those things ring a bell for you in your quest. I'd recommend having a supply of bottles of muscle milk on hand. The "low calorie" one in milk chocolate is really good and packed with protein. Consider it "Ensure" on 'roids. It actually tastes pretty good even if it is soy, and only 100/120 cals per bottle. To be honest, I'm with Bronze that the staging is a low number, and that's why they're not in any huge hurry to haul you in. So slow growing, maybe squamous? and localized. Not making light of it, but don't be jumping steeple chase size fences until you actually get to them :) God bless you my girl. Coffee will be making its way over soon.

Users who are viewing this thread