Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Looks like Canton OH will be home for the night. Called home, Mamaw says it has rained all day. I told her blue skies here, and I don't think she wanted to hear that...

Lol.. no she probably didn't... hope you get home soon!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Opinionated, you should look in to feverfew.

Well it seems that tropical storm is coming my way. The wind has already started up. It won't hit until tonight they say, late. Heavy rain until tomorrow night.

I'm going to drop off some mail, and run to the store right quick. Better now than later, when the crowds appear after working hours. I bought some things yesterday, but as usual I forgot something...COFFEE. Got to have my coffee!!!

I will look into that..

Yep, can't have a storm without coffee.. whenever the weather is supposed to get bad, I always make sure we have plenty of the necessities, never know...

I hope the weather is okay for you, and that you don't loose your electric, and that it passes by quickly without any damage!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
That's just unbelievable! Your driving was amazing and so was your reaction time. I'm so glad you avoided him like that. You and Mrs. BK have enough going on!

I'm curious why you have a dash cam? Mind you, my SUV is 2002, so I'm really not up on the new fangled devices in cars these days. I was surprised my friend's car had built in bluetooth! And I can't get over the GPS screen on the dashboard. Don't know how that's not distracting.

I won't get a vehicle that doesn't have GPS. I'm directionally challenged and with that feature, I can find anything.

You get used to that screen and after a short while, you know exactly where to glance to see the info your looking for. Be it what lane is branching off that you need to take, to how many tenths of a mile the road your looking for is up ahead.

I've used my phone before and that IS a major distraction. Too small of a screen and holding it or mounting it doesnt help.

The backup camera is an awesome feature too!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Today is the day.

I'm more scared of the PET scan results and a side helping of jitters about chemo.

Slept like crap last night. I'm so ready to get this first one done so that my fear of the unknown can no longer plague me.

I've put together a bag that has some snacks, iPad, headphones, sudoku, reading book and a blanket that has all the family in pictures silkscreened into it.

Taking a LARGE cup with distilled water. Holds 32oz.

They have wifi so I might tap into it and spend some time on ECF.

I've read that I will be there for hours. What a way to spend the morning...

I'm going to try to get my treatments moved to a Monday so I can go to the place that is only 5 minutes from home instead of the 30 I have to do now.

Not sure why we didn't think of it when scheduling this. Probably because we were so focused on getting started sooner rather than later. Our brains just weren't working well that day.

Hubby is amazing. My shoulder hurt more yesterday than any other day. He did laundry and did the dishes after each meal. Said he is going to be the house husband for the next 6 months. I said NOT. I will be able to do things once my body recovers from all these procedures.

I will need to do things to keep me active. Just laying around is NOT good.

God I'm so scared

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Today is the day.

I'm more scared of the PET scan results and a side helping of jitters about chemo.

Slept like crap last night. I'm so ready to get this first one done so that my fear of the unknown can no longer plague me.

I've put together a bag that has some snacks, iPad, headphones, sudoku, reading book and a blanket that has all the family in pictures silkscreened into it.

I'm going to try to get my treatments moved to a Monday so I can go to the place that is only 5 minutes from home instead of the 30 I have to do now.

Not sure why we didn't think of it when scheduling this. Probably because we were so focused on getting started sooner rather than later. Our brains just weren't working well that day.

Hubby is amazing. My shoulder hurt more yesterday than any other day. He did laundry and did the dishes after each meal. Said he is going to be the house husband for the next 6 months. I said NOT. I will be able to do things once my body recovers from all these procedures.

God I'm so scared

Just breathe, it's going to be okay sweetie. Fear of the unknown is always worse than the reality.

As far as your husband doing more around the house, you do what you are able, but don't push it.. you also need lots of rest too, so find your balance.. it's always okay to let people help you.

When my daughter was going through chemo she couldn't deal with the neighborhood kids coming over to play with her kids.. lol.. so she told them no they can't come over for a while. (She actually told me she wanted a rocking chair and a cane so she could sit on the front porch and holler "get off my lawn" at them while shaking the cane threateningly... hahaha)

Just do what YOU feel you are up to, screw the rest of it for real.. let others help you when you need.. rest..

If you can my daughter found crochet and knitting helpful for her.. she loved doing it and could do it while resting.. so you might also look to something like that you can do with your hands. Get you through not only the chemo sessions but also some time at home when your a bit tired of working..

Don't worry too much.. just know if something isn't working for you, or if you need some prescription nausea medication, then tell your doctor.. he can always change things up if you have any problems..

You have my love, and my prayers.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Today is the day.

God I'm so scared
I suspect any of us would be scared. I also think what you said about getting the first one out of the way is also true. Not knowing is the worst part...at least in this case. Keep us posted. We both know you will be OK. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ok so I'm sitting in the chemo chair happy as a freaking clam. I know it might be short lived but I will keep this feeling to the forefront of my memory.

PET scan results. It is not on my liver. There is one that is larger on my omentum and 'mild irregularity' of right lower anterior abdominal wall.

None showing anywhere else. All organs are clear.

Don't know if my healthy eating and all the stuff I'm doing has made a difference BUT the biopsy had shown it was on my liver. Now is being stated as 'caking'.

I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing along with this treatment.

More good news: this colon cancer is not genetic. This is a VERY good thing.

I just got unlucky. No doubt due to my healthy eating :rolleyes: previously.

So I got a look at it and it is totally easy to deal with. Damn, more battle scars. :p

After the rest of everything heals up, I will be able to go swimming.

I have some gluten free crackers (made with rice flour) and my water next to me.

I've let my family know all this so they are relieved on many different fronts. The main thing is I did not pass the colon cancer gene to my kids. They will have to take care of their own health and can't blame it on me!!!! :laugh:

Thank you all for the encouragement cuz I was damned scared this morning. The nurses here are amazing. They spent some time just talking me down from a mild loss of control.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try to hold it all together, it just gets away from you. After the PET scan results......I feel like I can get through anything!!! Bring it!

:D

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Ok so I'm sitting in the chemo chair happy as a freaking clam. I know it might be short lived but I will keep this feeling to the forefront of my memory.

PET scan results. It is not on my liver. There is one that is larger on my omentum and 'mild irregularity' of right lower anterior abdominal wall.

Don't know if my healthy eating and all the stuff I'm doing has made a difference BUT the biopsy had shown it was on my liver. Now is being stated as 'caking'.

So I got a look at it and it is totally easy to deal with. Damn, more battle scars. :p

I have some gluten free crackers (made with rice flour) and my water next to me.

I've let my family know all this so they are relieved on many different fronts. The main thing is I did not pass the colon cancer gene to my kids. They will have to take care of their own health and can't blame it on me!!!! :laugh:

Thank you all for the encouragement cuz I was damned scared this morning. The nurses here are amazing. They spent some time just talking me down from a mild loss of control.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try to hold it all together, it just gets away from you. After the PET scan results......I feel like I can get through anything!!! Bring it!

So good to hear! I'm very excited and happy for you, and of course your kids!

You can do this!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Lots of good news stuffed in your post Robin. That the cancer is not in your organs is foremost among them. This is very good news. You have lots to be positive about. No chemo is without its issues. I'm sure you're in for some rough patches but I know you can handle those knowing it wont last forever. Question: what kind of long term monitoring will you need for this kind of cancer? Is a colonoscopy enough?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Lots of good news stuffed in your post Robin. That the cancer is not in your organs is foremost among them. This is very good news. You have lots to be positive about. No chemo is without its issues. I'm sure you're in for some rough patches but I know you can handle those knowing it wont last forever. Question: what kind of long term monitoring will you need for this kind of cancer? Is a colonoscopy enough?
I haven't even gotten that far into it to even think about it.

I was going to bring up colonoscopies (supposed to be due for one this October) but other thoughts were in my brain.

I'm fairly certain that blood work and either CT or PET scans will be the order of business for a good long while.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I haven't even gotten that far into it to even think about it.

I was going to bring up colonoscopies (supposed to be due for one this October) but other thoughts were in my brain.

I'm fairly certain that blood work and either CT or PET scans will be the order of business for a good long while.
Well, seeing you are going to beat this my question is logical. Right? :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! I'm so relieved I can hardly think to type! Your healthy diet changes, your positive attitude, and the prayers of so many... who can say what single factor helped so much already. I'm so proud of you! And so very very thankful. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread