Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Yes BK, we do have speed limits here. We don't drive 55 though...lol. I think 70-75mph might be the norm, and that is the upper limit allowed. I know we have 70mph, but I think there may be some 75mph roads at times. Don't quote me on that though.

Im still wondering why they feel they have the right to do 15-20 over the speed limit... o_O

and its not just a few of them, its like 90%...

KK, are there speed limits in Texas?? the Texas drivers in La. seem to have no regard for speed limits here... I have yet to see a texas driver do the speed limit on I-10...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Yes BK, we do have speed limits here. We don't drive 55 though...lol. I think 70-75mph might be the norm, and that is the upper limit allowed. I know we have 70mph, but I think there may be some 75mph roads at times. Don't quote me on that though.

there is 1 spot in central Tx that has an 85mph limit that I remember... it runs north/south.. dont remember the # of the interstate....

Setting Speed Limits

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
There are long stretches of I-10 between San Antonio and El Paso that have an 85mph speed limit.

And the speed limit on the 130 toll road that goes around the east side of Austin is 80mph.

If you're on I-10 in an 85mph area, someone is going to want to go 95, and there will be someone behind them wanting to go 105.

I once saw a bumper sticker that said: "I might be slow, but I'm ahead of you."

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Got a lot done today with my cousin. We cleared out my aunts little apartment/room at the care facility. Brought everything to goodwill, threw some stuff away, set aside the funeral outfit for when the time comes. Spent about 5 hours at the bedside. This end of life crap is really hard.

We did have some laughs and a nice dinner out, little trip to the beach to soothe our hearts and a funny movie.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Got a lot done today with my cousin. We cleared out my aunts little apartment/room at the care facility. Brought everything to goodwill, threw some stuff away, set aside the funeral outfit for when the time comes. Spent about 5 hours at the bedside. This end of life crap is really hard.

We did have some laughs and a nice dinner out, little trip to the beach to soothe our hearts and a funny movie.

Yes it is hard. I'm keeping you all in my prayers. It's good you are all together and enjoying good times in the middle of bad. That's pretty much life right there - beginning, middle or end. Sending hugs your way.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

WHOOHOO! Happy Birthday to Gary, one of the very best!!! Happy, Happy, Happy!

Happy Birthday Retic!!!

:bday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RETIC!!!:bday:
Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes everybody ! :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Army, and belated HBD wishes to retic. What kind of Birthday Meal (or cake) does an accomplished chef get ? Obviously you can cook your own favorite. Or is there another chef in town you trust, and go to his restaurant and let someone else do the cooking ? Is there a Happy Birthday Gumbo ? Or, for entertainment value, you could let BK in the kitchen....
Another Sunday, another work day. Paysheets look nice, but 6 day work weeks do not.
Cannot like tax comments. Just can't do it...
Just think, six months from now, Bronze and I will be complaining how cold it is in the Carolinas, and how these people can't drive in snow. Seems a lifetime away when the Heat Index is 106.
Time to suit up and show up....

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's 97 degrees with a heat index of 108 here, and I've been outside burning a brush pile. Just what a person needs to be doing when it feels like 108 already. :facepalm:
I was doing that last week. 95 degrees and 95% humidity and I'm outside burning brush piles. I'm an idiot.

Okay maybe I'm not doing the door pins. Seems it takes two people to replace them. Unless I can find a way to support the door.o_O
Definitely a two man job.

When you see pictures of roads on a hill or mountain, do you imagine going up the hill or down?

At this point in my life, I am invisioning climbing the hill...
I envision myself going over the side.

Good morning Army!

Users who are viewing this thread