Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hula, have you moved on from Huntsman as your juice of choice? I remember when a derogatory comment about Huntman would get an immediate tongue lashing from you. :D
LOL - only when Gaia came out, I liked that one better because it became more Huntsman than Huntsman. But now I'm finding Gaia seems to have morphed into Maple, eh - which is a Terrific flavor by the way......but not Huntsman...I'll buy some more Huntsman soon and see how the harvest has done on that one again. :)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hula, I never heard of that show.

Well, I went to visit a couple of friends with puppy in tow. She did well. She didn't play bite anyone. Potty training going very well. Things are looking up. I am drained though. Think I need a super power nap.
I'm so glad to hear that. I sort of figured your dog would lead the way to good behaviour - I thought of Caesar and Daddy when a good pup gone bad is brought into their "boot camp" LOL. As to the TV show, the truckers drive in the depths of winter over frozen lakes to get goods to very remote places in Canada, as it's the only time of year the supplies CAN be delivered. They're that far away from everything and everyone. In addition, many of the "roads" aren't roads at all, so if the winter is warm it's like driving over unfrozen tundra - very deeply rutted and downright nasty. It's on the History channel. Still waiting to see if the Curse of Oak Island will return too.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
You need to take the dripper off too so it can breathe.

I take the caps and drippers off for 2 days, and then put them back on and shake thoroughly. Then I try to remember to shake them every few days until I'm ready to vape them.

You said "steeping." BK will be along shortly to correct that to "aging."

Lol

I actually meant steeping AND aging :) steeping in terms of the handling of the juice in the first few days with the breathing and aging for when they vape their best.

Gosh I am demanding! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I let mine AGE as they are being shipped... ;)
PB and DF are great new... but they will get richer and more complex after a few months... if you have the time, vape 1/2 a bottle of DF and then put it away for 5-7 months ( if you can ;) ) and then revisit it... you will be amazed in the difference...

as far as removing the cap.... thats a very small hole for it to "breathe" thru... I dont think that process works too well.

This is good advice. Thanks for this and from everyone who responded to my steeping/aging question.

I am still waiting for my order to arrive but it should be here today. I think I will definitely be testing them right away but I do recall from years ago that there is almost no point sampling them right away. I remember the juices having next to no flavour when I first got them and then after a day or two of breathing the flavor was magically there.

Good thing I put in a sizeable order!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
This is good advice. Thanks for this and from everyone who responded to my steeping/aging question.

I am still waiting for my order to arrive but it should be here today. I think I will definitely be testing them right away but I do recall from years ago that there is almost no point sampling them right away. I remember the juices having next to no flavour when I first got them and then after a day or two of breathing the flavor was magically there.

Good thing I put in a sizeable order!

Breathe for two days and steep for two weeks. That's what I prefer.

Good luck.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I only have two cats and my place can be like a zoo sometimes. I can only imagine the "fun" you're having. My cats co-exist (mostly peacefully) but they don't particularly like each other. The last two days, the male has decided to be all territorial - wherever the female settles, he goes over and chases her off and settles there. :facepalm:

I try to let them work it out on their own as long as it doesn't get ugly. If the female would just stop acting like prey, he'd respect her turf and chase her less.

I love sci-fi, but never enjoyed zombie stories of any kind. But I'm glad Netflix finally has something good for you to watch.

For years I didn't watch Walking Dead because I don't like zombie movies either. What a big mistake that was! I watched the first 4 seasons I a month and then followed it ever since.

2nd best TV show ever behind GOT.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
You can try serendipity pretty much straight away Anthony. This is one of MY favorites, along with Gaia though lately it seems to have morphed into Maple eh.

lol how funny.

Huntsman had undergone changes so when Maple Eh was released it had a likeness to the old Huntsman. Now serendipity has morphed into Maple Eh!?

Anyone know what the old Pirates Booty morphed into? ;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm so glad to hear that. I sort of figured your dog would lead the way to good behaviour - I thought of Caesar and Daddy when a good pup gone bad is brought into their "boot camp" LOL. As to the TV show, the truckers drive in the depths of winter over frozen lakes to get goods to very remote places in Canada, as it's the only time of year the supplies CAN be delivered. They're that far away from everything and everyone. In addition, many of the "roads" aren't roads at all, so if the winter is warm it's like driving over unfrozen tundra - very deeply rutted and downright nasty. It's on the History channel. Still waiting to see if the Curse of Oak Island will return too.

Lordy, hubby is addicted to Curse of Oak Island. :laugh: He has seen a few of that trucking show. He also watches Mountain Men.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hi Fran! Happy birthday to your Legend! Will you have a vape of it today, or are you holding out for more age on it? I have a bottle that's just over 9 months old. It's quite a bit darker than when I first got it and the flavor is excellent. :)
    I believe I'm gonna hold out for another month or two.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2012
    Waikiki Hawaii
    lol how funny.

Huntsman had undergone changes so when Maple Eh was released it had a likeness to the old Huntsman. Now serendipity has morphed into Maple Eh!?

Anyone know what the old Pirates Booty morphed into? ;)

LOL - not quite. Serendipity is still Serendipity. Gaia was Huntsman on steroids, but has now morphed into Maple eh. But, ya know, I like any and all of my "dark" flavors so it's not a biggie. :lol:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    I refuse to give up... :)

its steeping when one puts an item ( solid like tobacco, tea, mud) into the juice ( fluid) to extract the flavor from it.... other wise its aging if it just sits there with no solids in it... one steeps tea and ages wine :)

interesting tidbit of info...
    steeping, brewing, cooking are all temp related and slotted into their place via temp ranges... :)

for example: steeps tea, brews coffie, cooks chicken broth...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    someone I know approached me and wanted me to invest in gold... told me how it can make extra money from it...
    I dont see how cuz you have to buy and sell gold... you spend extra money to buy it and spend extra to sell it ... so all the "profit" one earns since the price of gold rises is spent on the transactions... o_O

Users who are viewing this thread