Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Just curious and hoping all is going well as many of us on this forum love/depend on our Provaris and want to know that you folks are doing well and moving forward business as usual.

The FDA deeming crap sucks but I am selfishly hoping that ProVape continues to lead the way with the best built and safest vaping devices on the market.

My wife and I both quit smoking thanks to your PVs and regularly rotate thru our dozen 2.5, Classic, P3 and Radius devices. Without ProVape, my wife and I would ABSOLUTELY still be spending $7k/yr on smokes. We thank you for that.

But it would be cool if one of youse guys could chime in to let us know as there has been an eerie lack of ProVape participation as of late here.

P.s. Canada is just up the street and there is lots of room for a great manufacturing company that is loved globally. Just sayin'. :)

Thanks and please give the Provinati an update.

Last edited:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Just curious and hoping all is going well as many of us on this forum love/depend on our Provaris and want to know that you folks are doing well and moving forward business as usual.

The FDA deeming crap sucks but I am selfishly hoping that ProVape continues to lead the way with the best built and safest vaping devices on the market.

My wife and I both quit smoking thanks to your PVs and regularly rotate thru our dozen 2.5, Classic, P3 and Radius devices. Without ProVape, my wife and I would ABSOLUTELY still be spending $7k/yr on smokes. We thank you for that.

But it would be cool if one of youse guys could chime in to let us know as there has been an eerie lack of ProVape participation as of late here.

P.s. Canada is just up the street and there is lots of room for a great manufacturing company that is loved globally. Just sayin'. :)

Thanks and please give the Provinati an update.
I'd like to second this emotion, except for the manufacturing location. ;) Nothing against Canada, of course. Michigan uses their change as currency! Anyway, we have lots and lots of empty factories, warehouses and tons of untapped talent just waiting to be grateful for jobs. Plus, Michigan is a VERY vape friendly state! Legal to vape anywhere and everywhere. In fact, our state government passed a law differentiating vape products from tobacco products. NOT a tobacco product as far as Michigan is concerned! Think about it.

Thanks, Bre, for taking the time and giving this a shot! :thumb:

Help us, ProVape. You're our only hope. We will be waiting for a response with bated breath! :vapor:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'd like to second this emotion, except for the manufacturing location. ;) Nothing against Canada, of course. Michigan uses their change as currency! Anyway, we have lots and lots of empty factories, warehouses and tons of untapped talent just waiting to be grateful for jobs. Plus, Michigan is a VERY vape friendly state! Legal to vape anywhere and everywhere. In fact, our state government passed a law differentiating vape products from tobacco products. NOT a tobacco product as far as Michigan is concerned! Think about it.

Thanks, Bre, for taking the time and giving this a shot! :thumb:

Help us, ProVape. You're our only hope. We will be waiting for a response with bated breath! :vapor:
I would rebut but the 9% alcohol New Holland Hoptronix Double IPA that I am currently imbibing from my recent trip to Michigan is seemingly preventing this....

[/URL]

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I would rebut but the 9% alcohol New Holland Hoptronix Double IPA that I am currently imbibing from my recent trip to Michigan is seemingly preventing this....

[/URL]
WHAT?! We actually brew a ale a Canadian likes (do you like it?)? Now that's saying something! What a compliment!
:toast:
Nice pic, btw.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Simple fact of the matter is, if your customers are asking if you are going to remain in business and you don't even bother to respond, the answer seems quite obvious. Sad thing that. This is just one more reason I despise big government liberals and their RELENTLESS assaults on my freedoms by avoiding the legislative process through regulations. Well, $&@# all of you big government types. Hope you rot on the 9th level with the rest of big tobacco. [emoji88]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I want to grab one of the P3's on the specials page, but I'm hesitant. If Provape is shutting down, there won't be any tech support. :cry:
Chances are you won't need tech support. I have been using 2 P3's for over a year and they are tanks!

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I just sent in a p3 for warranty repair. I have been in contact with Blake regularly. I don't see them having a reason to go out of business in the next year and s half they may as well Stick around until
The last minute (august 2018) to see if the stiff changes. So for s while I think they're fine. Of course if nobody buys because they're scared hey won't get warranty service which is very rarely needed with provape gear anyway. Then they're going to be forced or if business. If anything I wonder if they will
Love out of the USA. Or move the business out.

Despite sending in my p3 which I bought second hand and have had nothing but tip top support. The vapocalypse is actually a really n to buy more provape stuff whether they are around or not their gear is built super tough. If anything buying more provari no ensures you don't get screwed later and retain great products.

Its unfortunately a fact that the deeming regulations just mean that everyone will be buying Chinese mods grey market and American companies will be out of business.

The bias towards vaping is getting worse and worse. And non bakers are convinced vaping is as bad or worse than smoking. The truth commercials now single out vaping. All this despite any proof not existing yet.

So for those really worried. Support provape by purchasing their products. Give them some war chest to help them stick around. Or do whatever they need to in order to stay relevant and last. Instead of looking for sale pages. Just hit the regular pages and consider it an investment in your rainy day vapocalypse backups and provape a future. If you're that big of fans buy two items to put in a drawer (after initial testing) to use when deeming hits for real and removes things not just stops new ones.

Just my $.02

Short of the long. They will have to move or cease operations if deeming sticks around in its present form.

Battery moving is happening lately because ...... keep Blowing things up by not locking mods in their purses and buying cheap batteries or mods. I think you will see more and more separation from cell sales as a result of that. Its a separate issue.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'm placing an order today/tomorrow for springs, end caps and possibly a P3 or Classic. I like supporting ProVape and I am stocking up on parts not because Provaris break, but because my wife will not use any other mod. She doesn't care if it is a 2.5, Classic or P3 as she just loves the shape/vape. She prefers her Zombie P3 though and has zero interest in even thinking about using one of my box mods.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:I'll never run out of ProVape mods in my lifetime. A good handful were bought full price, and the bulk of them were gotten off the secondary market and close out sales. I don't feel guilty about any of my purchases, the close out purchases helped them move stock and each one also lowered my per unit overall cost of stockpiling. I'm in this for the long haul, and I put my money on products I had very strong faith in.

A hobby of mine is listening to old cassette tapes on Sony Walkmans, I have several of those that are still functioning;) lol, years from now I envision folks hunting down that elusive ProVape product and the joy they experience when they find one still firing a decade or three from now:) maybe it will be one of my little time capsule mods. The future will be whatever it will be, but I am certain that there will be some of these mods still vaping way down the road from here.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Moving to Michigan is probably not a viable solution for ProVape, since so far as I know Michigan -- unlike California and the country of Texas ;-) -- still has not seceded from the rest of the United States, and they'd be subject to the same FDA deeming regs which are currently (seemingly) driving them out of business.

Closing up shop now vs. waiting until 2018 probably amounts to: well, are there enough people buying any of their gear to make this concept sustainable. They cannot update products or release any new products, and what they've got is aging and not very competitive with the current marketplace (I'm guessing, hence the endless flash sales and "blems" which really amount to clearance sales, since I at least have never purchased a blem wherein I could figure out anything wrong with it). So, really, their margins are shrinking like mad, the prices are dropping, there are constant flash sales... it looks like they're trying to dump whatever is left of their inventory and may perhaps continue for a while selling only a few models, but if your business is losing money by staying in business, then it doesn't really make any sense to stick around for another year, even if the FDA would allow it.

If they planned to continue the solution would be jumping ship to another country and selling their products to the rest of the world. Based upon their website, I'm not really seeing this happening. Perhaps there is a ProVari POD in the works which will get submitted for a PMTA, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully not, but it's looking like: hasta la vista baby. Goodbye and thanks for all the m0dz.

p.s., plz don't leave me! I love you, lots and lots, forever n' ever. I can't handle this. Only GG is left from the olden daze, and Imeo isn't even a company, he's become a godlike deity patron-saint type being, just ask him, he'll tell you!

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I'm fairly sure / fear ProVape has already spoke to these concerns.

---> FDA Ruling Threatens Largest U.S. Vape Hardware Manufacturer - ProVape

Note where customers are advised to " buy a ProVari this spring or summer " , winter is here, spring & summer are now past...

Hopefully they can find a way to continue business or at least support existing customers & products.

@Vape360
Last forum visit, Oct 14, 2016.
Last post, June 28, 2016.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
At the end of the day Provape is a business and they need to make money. The FDA regs. are joke and we all know it. Hopefully with the new political change in DC we can turn the tides.

If Provape cant survive the FDA, which mod maker can? How many of the overseas companies gonna pony up the coin to get a subpar device passed by the FDA? I think Provape is getting their inventories cleaned up and taking a good hard look at global vape market. Not only do they have to fight FDA but they also have to out smart the money of Big Tabacco.

With all that said..... Batteries, e-liquid, tanks and all the shinny whatnots dont pay the bills, especially when most of it can be found cheaper at other vendors. Personally I think Provape has a plan to stay in business :2c: After all they make the safest most dependable devices.:vapor:

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't see how any vendor can afford a $1m PMTA Fee & wait a year to sell a single item.
Color changes on devices; software upgrades; & nic levels constitute a separate item.
It was designed to destroy the industry and it will if something doesn't happen.
If anything, there will be a black or grey market by the Chinese in my opinion.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I'm really hoping they are just scaling back to a few models so they don't have a long list to submit for devices. I use provape for my main devices and it would be a shame if they close up shop. High value products are rare enough as it is with all the cheap crap and planned obsolescence built in these days. I really don't want them to be added to the long list of businesses forced out because of our gobs greed and stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread