Hey ProVape, is everything good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
I've just had an email from one of my local vape gear suppliers down here in Australia.

I will quote a part of it..

"....We used to purchase both Kabuki Glass and AW batteries in from Provape, but they are now out of stock, and closing shop soon so we will be getting Kabuki Glass directly from House of Hybrids..."

:( Sad if true....

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
I have been wondering along the same lines as girl828 are they getting rid of extra stuff in preparation of the fda regs. If a vape manufactory sells a sticker is that a tobacco product or a vape towel who knows what fda idiot is going to say they're already coming out with clarifications on they're rules that are totally different then they said 4 months ago so who knows.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Im worried. I finally buy a Provari P3 and now the company is maybe not going to be around?

I PM'd them on their FB page on the 8th letting them know that their fans here on ECF are worried and no reply. I PM'd them again and hope they will let SOMEONE know something.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Im worried. I finally buy a Provari P3 and now the company is maybe not going to be around?

I PM'd them on their FB page on the 8th letting them know that their fans here on ECF are worried and no reply. I PM'd them again and hope they will let SOMEONE know something.

at least they made the ProVari to last ... even if they don't survive ... their ProVaris will.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
My black Mini 2.5 developed a problem and I submitted a request today. They got back to me with an RMA # to handle the repair. Business as usual on the service end!

WOnderful to hear.... Maybe dont know quite yet what to do and dont want to panic....

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
My black Mini 2.5 developed a problem and I submitted a request today. They got back to me with an RMA # to handle the repair. Business as usual on the service end!
Jackie's Muddy Girl Radius, right out of the box had a error that reads, "Internal Fault [8]" - "Return for Repair" Nothing else could be done with it. I submitted a ticket last Friday, 13Jan and have yet to hear back from them. That was Five daze ago. I'm glad to see the rest of the world is being taken care of. :grr:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Jackie's Muddy Girl Radius, right out of the box had a error that reads, "Internal Fault [8]" - "Return for Repair" Nothing else could be done with it. I submitted a ticket last Friday, 13Jan and have yet to hear back from them. That was Five daze ago. I'm glad to see the rest of the world is being taken care of. :grr:

:( :cry: :(

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
I had the same problem with mine (blue 60w). Worked ok for 5 minutes, then it went dead. After a bit of charging, unplugging, re plugging, and opening the bottom to disconnect I got the internal fault (8) message, then some more normal functioning, then some more problems.
I was able to view the version during one of working spells that it was VER 03 in the software info section, which seemed strange.
Sent it back and ordered a red one.
Customer service has been pretty prompt to this point, so they do seem to be making an effort to take care of customers despite the worrying signs.

Btw, anyone know what that fault code (8) or software Ver 03 mean? Old software?

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I had the same problem with mine (blue 60w). Worked ok for 5 minutes, then it went dead. After a bit of charging, unplugging, re plugging, and opening the bottom to disconnect I got the internal fault (8) message, then some more normal functioning, then some more problems.
I was able to view the version during one of working spells that it was VER 03 in the software info section, which seemed strange.
Sent it back and ordered a red one.
Customer service has been pretty prompt to this point, so they do seem to be making an effort to take care of customers despite the worrying signs.

Btw, anyone know what that fault code (8) or software Ver 03 mean? Old software?
Well, from I've gathered on here, Ver. 03 is the latest for the 60 watt. Haven't plugged it in to the internet to find out.
08 error message is some kind of internal fault. I was told by CS just today that you need to have it under a load (atomizer of some sorts) when firing up the Radius. In other words, don't fire up the Radius without something connected to it or you could get that fault and the only way to remove it is to remove the battery and put it back in. I think that kind of sucks because I do it all the time with my P3's and have never had a problem. Oh well, not a deal breaker for Jackie, she didn't even care. She took her Muddy Girl with us today to test it. When we got home, she removed the battery, put the Radius back in the box and put it away in case of vapocalypse.

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
Thanks for the heads up on error 8.
I already swapped it for a red 40w (don't really vape past 15w anyway), because when the unit asks to be sent back the day it arrives, I reckon something's wrong.
Anyway, good to hear it just a goofy firmware thing. Agree that
I that kind of sucks
Because sometimes my Kayfun needs a little reseating of the 510 connection to fire. (Maybe that one stays attached to a 2.5).
It would be nice to at least get a message that says something like "no atty - press "+" button to continue after checking connection".

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I already swapped it for a red 40w (don't really vape past 15w anyway), because when the unit asks to be sent back the day it arrives, I reckon something's wrong.
I don't blame you, it shouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread