Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Its the nicotine thats my big ticket item at shipped and taxed in Canada was 160 bucks CAD for a liter of 100mg. I got a glycube that was just short of $100 CAD so $25 a gallon for base. 200mls of flavoring at $15US per 50ml will make 5% thats bout 80 bucks in CAD. Nic would be around 50 bucks CAD to make it 9nic. Around $155.00 for me to make a gallon of my juice. Looks like Wheelie forgot to factor nicotine into his numbers or he vapes 0nic.
You are right. Nicotine was $115 a Liter back when I bought 4 liters of 100mg.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Eskie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
What are Canadian prices like now? In the US I can still get a liter for $50 plus shipping.

Thanks for re-stocking from us.

Here’s how much it would cost.
1000ml 100mg (50-50 base) = 129.99 + tax = 136.49 (tax is GST thats 5%)
8 biz day Regular shipping by C.P = 21.06 Total with regular shipping = 157.55

This is copied from the email I received last August when I ordered another liter from HydaVape. I did a pile of research before I bought my first liter over a year before that(the price went up 5 bucks). Some companies charge insane amounts especially if your ordering smaller jugs. If I remember without looking some where in BC they were selling nic that ended up being over 300 bucks a liter if you bought the smaller containers and I'm not sure it was 100mg, somehow 48 comes to mind. Buying it 50/50 is the most convenient for my needs. PG I found at the grocery store pharmacy, they can order it for 15.99 a liter. I haven't found a local source for VG but ordering it online in Canada ranges from 12.99 to 19.99 a liter plus the 20 bucks shipping.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks for re-stocking from us.

Here’s how much it would cost.
1000ml 100mg (50-50 base) = 129.99 + tax = 136.49 (tax is GST thats 5%)
8 biz day Regular shipping by C.P = 21.06 Total with regular shipping = 157.55

This is copied from the email I received last August when I ordered another liter from HydaVape. I did a pile of research before I bought my first liter over a year before that(the price went up 5 bucks). Some companies charge insane amounts especially if your ordering smaller jugs. If I remember without looking some where in BC they were selling nic that ended up being over 300 bucks a liter if you bought the smaller containers and I'm not sure it was 100mg, somehow 48 comes to mind. Buying it 50/50 is the most convenient for my needs. PG I found at the grocery store pharmacy, they can order it for 15.99 a liter. I haven't found a local source for VG but ordering it online in Canada ranges from 12.99 to 19.99 a liter plus the 20 bucks shipping.

So $157 CAD is about $120 USD. That is expensive, but in truth it adds very little to the cost of your final juice. It's still a pain to lay it out all up front, but you recoup the expense in no time. Well, some time, depends how much you vape. And it's the same in the US from many vendors, smaller bottles will drive the price per liter way up.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
So $157 CAD is about $120 USD. That is expensive, but in truth it adds very little to the cost of your final juice.

Ya it is a lot more expensive than US nic. I take the $50USD, then add the shipping from what I've seen in many sites its $20+USD to ship to Canada and some will not guarantee delivery since its into another country, once it leaves the US system and go into Canadian customs or Canada Post it doesn't become their responsibility any more. We'll say 75.00USD plus the 35% exchange is now just over a hundred CAD for that liter of nic. Nicotine is still considered contraband in Canada and a grey area when it comes to the handling of it
Now I have to decide is the extra 50 bucks I pay for my nic worth maybe having my nic seized at the border, getting told sorry bud its now your loss then have to pay twice to reorder and I get marked so every package shipped over the border gets flagged and searched....I'll pay the extra bucks not to have the hassles that could follow and haunt me for ages to come.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
If you had no choice, or some utterly outrageous import duty

I didn't even consider the import duties or the 5% GST(goods and services tax) they can tag you with when you pick it up at the post office. That just adds more to the final tally. Some look at it as OMG it 50 bucks more but at just over $14.00 a pack of ciggys in BC, that 3 packs of smokes for what could be years of vaping pleasure... many miss the bigger picture, still roll the dice and think they save a few bucks then are up in arms that their nic got seized. I have no sympathy anymore since having vaping supplies seized isn't a new thing but a old thing that some just don't get.

Reactions: Eskie

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, I would just go with paying a bit more than risk seizure. If you had no choice, or some utterly outrageous import duty you could weigh the risks and benefits. But $50 in the overall scheme of things for a product that will last you years seems foolish.
Exactly.

I pick my nic up locally and pay cash, so it ends up being about $75-80USD per litre of 100mg nic. Not $40-50, but still good for Canada.

Not a big deal as the 4 litres I have will last my wife and I well over 20 years at our current consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread