Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
(But because I'm a stubborn redhead, I'm gonna try again...)

"Built" my second one yesterday, and it's working flawlessly, no leaks at all. Gonna buy about 4 or 5 more when funds allow!!!!!!

OK, would you tell me perzackly what you did? In the most excruciating detail, if you would be so kind. :) What kind of wicking, what gauge wire, the diameter of the coil, the whole thing. PLEASE? 'Cuz I'm gonna try these again. God, I must be insane, doing this over and over and expecting different results. But maybe I missed some tiny detail...

Also, I'd be interested to know if yours keeps on not leaking. Some of mine have worked fine for the first day, but on day two or three, they started puking on me again. Others leak right from the start, and I THINK I'm doing everything the same each time. Obviously, the amount of wicking is the culprit, but I've stuffed as much as I can get in these, and I'm still dealing with leaks.

Reactions: Uncle

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Ooooh, thanks for those! I watched the first one (even though I was having a spaz attack during her excruciating coil stuffing procedure) and it seems I'm doing it the same as her, EXCEPT I use rayon instead of cotton, and I use twice as much wick as she did. I didn't have time to watch the second video just now, but I'll come back later and see it.

I tried cutting my wicks a bit long the first few times, but because I had so much wick in there, there wasn't room to stuff the ends in, so what I did was juice them up and "fluff" them with pointy tweezers until there were no gaps. The other thing I do differently is I don't tickle the RBAs back into the tank. I just shove 'em in, so maybe I'm pulling the wick ends when it goes in or something, although mine are flush with the barrel, so they shouldn't pull, but who knows?

I guess the long and the short of it is I have a wicking disability. ;) I can wick ANY of my other tanks, even ones that most people say leak all the time, and get it perfect (no leaks), but these have just given me nothing but fits ever since I got them. But as I said before, I am stubborn, and I am (probably) insane, so I'll give it another go and see how it works. I'll try less wicking, but stuffng the ends in better, and I'll try to be more gentle when I'm putting them in the tank. The problem is I'm always in a hurry, and I do NOTHING slowly! :w00t::lol:

Thanks for your help! It is MOST appreciated! :D

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
It really is a shame that a V2 has not been produced.IMO it is a simple fix.The juice holes do not need to be misshapen and a simple round hole would work.This would also make the screen easier to install as you would have threading all the way around.You could then place the coil.Insert your jig through the hole to hold it in place and tighten it.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
If you guys and gals are talking about minor seepage, I have never owned a tank, by any manufacturer, that hasn't "seeped" on occasion.
Sometimes when going from extreme hot temps outside to cool interior spaces, all my tanks have "seeped" on occasion.

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Vinny and I both were active in this post early on, I moved on to different tanks but still regicide< (WHAT?) rewick the stock coils after a dry burn. They don't leak on me like the RTA did, and yes we're talking real leaks like running down your mod.
I agree most all will seep a bit here and there but innokin missed the mark with this RTA. Wicking is the key to almost every RTA/RBA, but some ar much less finicky than this one for all isubs.

Vinnybagodoughnuts, long time, my cleito has been another love/hate experience though I still use it occasionally.
The Cubis I love, it doesn't leak at all, not even seep because of its design. The flavor and vapor is good and it's my main tank at the moment. If the cleito didn't leak it would be a killer tank in my opinion, it performs awesome when it isn't wasting lots of juice on your hands...lol.

Where is innokin on this? The isubs design and the fact that all their coils work on every version is smart. The tank overall is a good performer, this RTA is a real sore spot in the line so I don't get why they haven't improved on it. It would be a real winner on an already well designed tank system that satisfies and is simple to use. Those of you who haven't had many problems with the RTA are very lucky, and more of a tinkerer than I.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I too have moved on but in reality the V1 tank hadn't leaked/seeped near as bad as the V2 .I never had any problems with the stock coils or rewicking them so its obvious the design of the rba section is an issue.It is possible to get it to not leak but it is very touchy feely ime.

Anyone who saw the Challenger explode has a pretty good grasp of how orings can fail with drastic changes in temperature.The design of the tank and its use of orings differs.Some are better then others.It is hard for me to continue to use an atty if I don't trust it because eliquid is icky.:)

I am extremely happy with my Kanger Subtank Mini's.They are simple to build and I have never had one leak or seep.Are they the best for flavor?No but I have had these in my pocket on their side while walking in 100 degree temperatures for miles with no liquid goo on/in my pants.(easy folks )
I am also very impressed with my Lemo2. The flavor is great and it is relatively easy to build.

As some of you know I have a little chip on my shoulder with Innokin because of my experience and lack of customer service. I guess when I saw they had there own section here I expected more then just a place for them to advertise new products.As vapors we seem to have accepted the fact that these things are not overly tested after production and it is our job to try to fix them.I am willing/expect to do that on a 10.00$ clone.
It is my advice to never buy a new product.Let the beta testers work out all the bugs and see if the manufacturer is listening.They can usually get it right by V3.

Reactions: CountBoredom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread