Innokin iSub Apex Tank For "Tootle Puffers" . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I haven't gotten to try an Apex yet, but I have three of the iSub G tanks and I LOVE THEM! Call me cheap, but I especially love the fact that I can pull the old wick out of the coil, rinse it, let it dry, dry burn the coil a bit and put a new wick in. I change the wick on each tank every day (I like sweet vapes, and that gunks up the wicks) and it takes just a few minutes. Every day I have a "new" coil in each one, and I'm still on my first 6 coils! LOL! The tanks are also super easy to take apart, clean, and reassemble.

I know none of that really belongs on an Apex thread, but I REALLY LOVE THE INNOKIN TANKS! :D

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
PLEASE NOTE:

4_6_202vgif-1.gif
I am very embarrassed to say that I missed something very important and just learned about the Innokin iSub Apex - that besides the "airflow" control under the Drip Tip that allows additional air while vaping . . . There is an actual "Airflow" Controller that is located on the Apex Tank itself, it is the section where the Apex Logo is located . . . AND - While for "Me" it was very difficult to adjust without opening and closing the Top Fill holes - it can be done and does turn to adjust the "Airflow" of the Innokin iSub Apex Tank . . .
4317.gif

Now - A Big Shout Out & THANK YOU to @louiesquared :thumbs: for bringing this to "My" attention . . .
buddy%20beer2.gif

Started here: Apex vs G

(
BTW: Thankfully he was as headstrong as I can be when knowing the "Facts" based on the information "You" have at the time - IMO - he will make a very fine "Old Curmudgeon" when he gets old enough . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;) )

Last edited:

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Okay so ive spent one week with the. 5 coil and i just put in the 2.0. With the. 5 the flavor was pretty good but for me the 2.0 Coils the flavor is phenomenal! Better than the Nautilus. The vapor is great too. I don't have to choose between flavor and vapor. I will be grabbing more 2.0 coils and another tank. Thing is hard to clean though. And I've dumped at least the tanks of juice in myself lol. Top filing takes some getting used to but is great.. Just when you Change the coil make sure the top is closed.... Lol.

Sent via Tapayappin

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
In my iSub and iSub G I like the flavor of the 2.0 but the warmth of the 0.2 and 0.5. If they made a 1.0 I think it would be a good compromise between the two. I use the 2.0 when I am stressed and feel like I need a cigarette. With some 12mg RY4 it's a great substitute.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
So now I don't know if I should get an Apex or wait for the iSub S or the new Apex. Vapor Beast sent me a $5 off code and free shipping over $35. Apex is 27 and coils are 10 a 5 pack.

I think you should wait. I'm between the new Apex and iSub S. I love the original apex, but I think the new one is the only way to fly because of the larger capacity; but the iSub S has the same capacity too...hmm. At the moment, I think the original apex will be for those that really need the smaller form factor.

Ash, let us know the difference between the two new ones when you can.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I haven't gotten to try an Apex yet, but I have three of the iSub G tanks and I LOVE THEM! Call me cheap, but I especially love the fact that I can pull the old wick out of the coil, rinse it, let it dry, dry burn the coil a bit and put a new wick in. I change the wick on each tank every day (I like sweet vapes, and that gunks up the wicks) and it takes just a few minutes. Every day I have a "new" coil in each one, and I'm still on my first 6 coils! LOL! The tanks are also super easy to take apart, clean, and reassemble.

I know none of that really belongs on an Apex thread, but I REALLY LOVE THE INNOKIN TANKS! :D

Wow, Lannie, I had no idea these coils could be dry burned and re-wicked. Thank you for posting this! I'd give you 100 likes if I could. :D

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
PLEASE NOTE:

4_6_202vgif-1.gif
I am very embarrassed to say that I missed something very important and just learned about the Innokin iSub Apex - that besides the "airflow" control under the Drip Tip that allows additional air while vaping . . . There is an actual "Airflow" Controller that is located on the Apex Tank itself, it is the section where the Apex Logo is located . . . AND - While for "Me" it was very difficult to adjust without opening and closing the Top Fill holes - it can be done and does turn to adjust the "Airflow" of the Innokin iSub Apex Tank . . .
4317.gif

Now - A Big Shout Out & THANK YOU to @louiesquared :thumbs: for bringing this to "My" attention . . .
buddy%20beer2.gif

Started here: Apex vs G

(
BTW: Thankfully he was as headstrong as I can be when knowing the "Facts" based on the information "You" have at the time - IMO - he will make a very fine "Old Curmudgeon" when he gets old enough . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;) )
So it's like my Phazer tank........I control the juice flow & air flow............

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
So it's like my Phazer tank........I control the juice flow & air flow............

YES - With the Innokin APEX, "You" can control the Airflow . . . As for controlling the "E-Liquid" flow, I do not know or believe there is a "Special" ring to control the "E-Liquid" as with the Phazer tank . . . If there is then maybe someone else will step in here . . . :facepalm:

BTW - On that note: I did find the "Cotton" a little too compact around the coil, so I loosened it a little using a pin . . . ;)

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Received my Apex today. Put in a 2 ohm coil. Surprising how tough it was to get the stock coil out. Filled it, maybe, you can't see, with 90vg unflavored. Can't comment on flavor. Looks nice on my stainless SVD 2.0. Fired it at 8 and then 8.5 watts to see how it will be on my wife's Coolfire I. Played with the air control, with the tip closed. Wide open isn't wild and gladly doesn't make much noise. Probably nice with the .5 ohm coil. Closed down to an oval gives a little resistance and a nice vape.

Top fill is very nice. Air flow is easy to turn.

At this early point, I like my Kanger subtank mini 1.5 vertical coil at 15 watts better for feel and thickness of vapor.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Update
I started getting strange results this morning and realized that I couldn't see the clear liquid in the tank. Assuming it was empty or close to it I filled it with a mocha from open source vapor. Half full anyway. I now notice that if you open the air flow all the way you can see through to the other side and look for the fluid level. Still wary of overfilling.

Vapor and flavor are very good. It's been a while since I vaped this flavor so can't say if the Apex is better than something else.

ETA put it on my almost 2 year old MVP 2.0 at 8 watts.

Last edited:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
First off I want to mention the Innokin Clapton coils. I'm really liking them :)
I even put one in one of my iSub G tanks to try, and what a big difference. My biggest complaint about the iSub tanks was that mine leaked.
I been using a Clapton in one for over a week an no leaks whats so ever.
The main thing I will mention is that I had to turn my wattage up when using a Clapton.
Not a whole lot, I went from 28 watts with the old style coils, to 30 - 35 watts depending on the device I use.

My APEX, the only reason I got one was because I couldn't find a APEX 5. :rolleyes:
I had it too for over a week now and my main issues with the APEX seems to be the same as most peoples reviews I read.
Glass Fogs up.
Hard to see how much juice is in it.
Air vent on drip tip
Doesn't hold enough juice.

My New APEX 5 :thumb:
I finally got a APEX 5 today :banana: well I guess it was yesterdays mail now :laugh:
All the above negative things about the APEX are gone.
It holds 5ML and I am on my 3rd tank since I got it.
BIG Glass window to see juice, No Fog, and no air vent on drip tip ;)
I got it at MVS, they list it for $30, but they had a 3 day 10% off sale when I ordered it, so I got $3 off :)
But still at $30, it's only around $4 more then the APEX 3ML and is well worth the extra money.
As soon as MVS gets some black ones in stock I will be at least ordering one more :rolleyes:

The APEX 5 is now my main tank. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread