Innokin iSub Apex Tank For "Tootle Puffers" . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I opened up the air flow to see through the tank, then filled with my wife's chocolate peanut butter up to that area. Next thing I know we got juice going all over. I think she might have opened the fill holes while trying to adjust the air flow and puffed it. Or is it overfilled at that level?

Well not knowing how "FILLED" Ya' filled the tank I don't know (BTW: I always leave it a little "shy" before I get to the top) . . . However, I will say that from "My" limited experience, it is very easy to open the fill holes when adjusting the Airflow control . . . Matter of fact, as I mentioned in "My" earlier post, I had a very difficult time - not only finding where the Airflow control actually was (Just below the APEX Logo) - but adjusting the Airflow control without opening and closing the "Fill Holes" any time I moved the section . . . SO - I would suggest mentioning to "Wifey" in the future after adjusting the Airflow to look and make sure the fill holes are closed before Vaping . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Reactions: FringeChief68

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I opened up the air flow to see through the tank, then filled with my wife's chocolate peanut butter up to that area. Next thing I know we got juice going all over. I think she might have opened the fill holes while trying to adjust the air flow and puffed it. Or is it overfilled at that level?
If you take a hit with the fill holes open, juice pours out of the air holes.
I learned this the hard way :blush:

Reactions: Uncle

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I go until it comes out the other fill hole :unsure:

I've found that to cause me leaking. For me I do top of the window, and then look down the other hole....and you can sort of see where the brim is inside. It's a bit of a pain but I found playing it safe causes no leaking.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I have not had any leaking, besides the time I took a hit with the top air holes open, since I been using the Clapton Coils.
I got 3 set up, APEX 5, APEX, and iSub G and none of them leaked since I put the Claptons in them.
The only way I can see one of the APEX leaking, is it's leaking air in at the top. :unsure:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Hmm I think I need to go read my instruction booklet. I got one of these in October from a contest and I think I was thinking the other part was air flow control too. Actually I thought it had 2 air flow control, one on the base and one on the drip tip

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
I love my apex but i have one issue I can't figure out. I will have a half tank left and when I tilt it to see my level I always have a brown blob. I then have to go poor out the rest of my juice... Sorta pressure wash my tank then start all over. It's every single tank no matter the juice! The blob just hangs out at the bottom while the rest of the juice is clear. I first thought maybe it's stuck between the two layers but i dont think it is. Why am i getting these? I don't like having to constantly dump juice. Help? Want suggestions?
a043394693e96da2114e0f423b276f68.jpg

I clean my tank after every tank and I've tried all kinds of different juices in it.. If still does this in the apex but not my other tanks

Tapayappin

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hmm I think I need to go read my instruction booklet. I got one of these in October from a contest and I think I was thinking the other part was air flow control too. Actually I thought it had 2 air flow control, one on the base and one on the drip tip

Matter of fact, as I mentioned in a couple of "My" earlier posts, there are 2 Airflow Controls with the older iSub Apex Tank . . . There is one at the Drip Tip (The Newer Apex Tanks will not have this feature) and then the other Airflow Control - which I had a very difficult time finding, that one is just below the APEX Logo - BTW: "You" may find it as difficult to find & adjust as I did - however it is there & "You" can adjust the Airflow . . . See Image Below:

9D07eV1.jpg

AND - BTW: The Innokin iSub & iSub G have the Airflow Controls on the bottom of the tank . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Help? Want suggestions?

I am not sure why or how come "You" are having that problem . . . From what I can barely tell, it looks as though it is a Bubble of "E-Liquid" caught between to pieces of glass that is floating in there . . . Again - Not sure though . . . :facepalm:

AND - With mine all I have to do when changing "E-Liquid" is let it soak and/or rinse very well with hot water and then let the tank dry before refilling . . . AND worse case scenario I would try a soaked it in (Cheap) "Vodka" and then rinse very weel - of course let dry before refilling . . . Or possibly, as a last resort use a Sonic Jewelry Cleaner to do same . . . Just A Thought . . .;)

Hope this information might help Ya' . . . ;)

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Matter of fact, as I mentioned in a couple of "My" earlier posts, there are 2 Airflow Controls with the older iSub Apex Tank . . . There is one at the Drip Tip (The Newer Apex Tanks will not have this feature) and then the other Airflow Control - which I had a very difficult time finding, that one is just below the APEX Logo - BTW: "You" may find it as difficult to find & adjust as I did - however it is there & "You" can . . . See Image Below:

9D07eV1.jpg

AND - BTW: The Innokin iSub & iSub G have the Airflow Controls on the bottom of the tank . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)
thank you for clarifying that. The other problem I have is if I turn it sideways juice leaks out. I am sure it is user error but once that happened I just set it aside. Seems like it is coming out of the window

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
thank you for clarifying that. The other problem I have is if I turn it sideways juice leaks out. I am sure it is user error but once that happened I just set it aside. Seems like it is coming out of the window

As long as "You" make sure that the Top Fill hole control is closed tightly, especially after adjusting the Airflow Control, there should not be any leaking at all . . Just remember that Top Fill Control will sometimes move while adjusting the main Airflow Control - particularly if Ya' have Large fingers/hands and are not careful . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Reactions: cooladdict

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
On leaking, I've had virtually none until this weekend. But both of my Apex's did it when I transported them on a road trip. It was cold out, and I didn't leave them in the car when not in it. No big change in temp or altitude...not sure what caused it. I'm gonna give them both a cleaning and hope that it was a fluke. Bummer though.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I love my apex but i have one issue I can't figure out. I will have a half tank left and when I tilt it to see my level I always have a brown blob. I then have to go poor out the rest of my juice... Sorta pressure wash my tank then start all over. It's every single tank no matter the juice! The blob just hangs out at the bottom while the rest of the juice is clear. I first thought maybe it's stuck between the two layers but i dont think it is. Why am i getting these? I don't like having to constantly dump juice. Help? Want suggestions?
a043394693e96da2114e0f423b276f68.jpg

I clean my tank after every tank and I've tried all kinds of different juices in it.. If still does this in the apex but not my other tanks

Tapayappin
Are you using the same coil? I don't know if the coil has anything to do with that or not, but maybe? I haven't had anything like that happen, so I am grasping at straws, lol! I don't clean mine every time I refill it but I do clean it periodically to clean out the condensation between the 2 glass pieces and it's still performing wonderfully. The blob is in the juice reservoir and not between the 2 pieces of glass, right?

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I took a couple of photos....for now I am using it on the Reliant..........it sure does empty fast.......I can see how the little window fogs up now....it took a whole day of using before it did.....I think I filled it up 3 times yesterday.....and I am not noticing much more flavor with this compared to the Phazer or even the GC tanks.......
Yh7Qt07TNdm96Ar_NUnvfHqvXvNF2efVn_2Rnw02lOrTD73p9RAXeQ7_Ccg0NBOcQJPdn5Wmr2yuzpeorCeURqXJXB4pQit4-DJkiLTuRHoxKJM0GH7WxrM1NMW2FDkeJDsnmDYF_jmop8Mc-E4kHTTS3mUC9_W5eE8pZHA1Lb7wUGxbwSccXpNTuQsDTphRw6XnSYoLa7KPrp8JzSIQPumcGKOzRY1AMqxNaysRbQOvmztjFniH_093Zf--RybYVWIdIRJlZmyT455gihKK9PnrgelrgAf6ofQv-j9JzYCVMzcEo2g9lOU8d14oezBRk245LVkVjtlgJAVyeG3x8sry6ZSKOUpEpIOTGUFg6vJHuk-gnyHvmbhoYObCZy3qynaa2ZzTYNuHrMZH4CC6T931a-QSUYMbFhufksJyXHUnv83DoQR2QE-4c82E85AYuz62Zk34d9I4_ETImnUC009pksc7dtzKCu2BoK0H2RIzlx8eDjlrzGRqyBxz4xaLuK0QJMM45h4FUBE6ASY4RLPepJlcUusjpsy0kEOsMUeYlrmIiiL61qVUgmt4vMjpZu7J=w532-h708-no

Y24MsGck3Iyzid2pSzl02x0NwGEBSu2I7rSToOSi03vdraN16CkG-fqFayY-GaMQ2PCjuxBQhbjyCbTLU77lqLSXPmf7gJXtNH7DUalPvm7gPWQiZTdvnJSAhTfCixsRZcbI_DfWPjFmtq4MZzn42Q8L48_N-pYFPQ243_DTSyYYAbPvQPHv8F9gxg6n-M5TeLPFV3avvnbN9Uhgttq-dJe7h3s5YajvpL3L4GOtdxyZYIkJVRYWeFxhSVlyfeIxB5jeDB7ypU57ZE3FRcUX9MqZY-exeJ_qft5IIOEMwI4CBwcxyRRl0ac_5bcGcKMBKe2UH_uSyXfavtiIfSZ6twGnladQv65jmLhlgPAB5UF1y-XTsRVScCsNHmLi_krG_ZvC9l1XIT7GBnKPYaTwlEVi4eGUsQSTKy1CuKBwxv1j1c4zxteDC0CkbsLB-ayrWe-OI7OHITjN0ULexdNfCWtuuYeQgRTBlRTFbgQ1l9IWvOLwbb_DeQaG16s9ISb0P8aCd56vw3U45ro94ljU9i884dz_t2wlEKvdTBcpnC432iTtzYQSM6U_WmA-iZ6KqDGZ=w532-h708-no

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Are you using the same coil? I don't know if the coil has anything to do with that or not, but maybe? I haven't had anything like that happen, so I am grasping at straws, lol! I don't clean mine every time I refill it but I do clean it periodically to clean out the condensation between the 2 glass pieces and it's still performing wonderfully. The blob is in the juice reservoir and not between the 2 pieces of glass, right?
I thought it was the coil too when I was using the stock. 5. Then i ordered the 2.0 ohm ones and i had way bigger blobs so i thought maybe I was just burning my juice n coil and i switched it out just to be sure and I've been keeping it under 14 more so at 12 watts. I still have the blob. I really cant tell if its between or in my tank lol.it moves independently of my juice though. Nothing comes out of my afc hole and if I try to pour it out it will not come out. The only way for me to get rid of it is to dump my juice and run water in /on it full force. But it reappears with every tank no matter the juice. It's a mystery blob.

Tapayappin

Reactions: cooladdict
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread