Innokin iSub Apex Tank For "Tootle Puffers" . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I love my apex but i have one issue I can't figure out. I will have a half tank left and when I tilt it to see my level I always have a brown blob. I then have to go poor out the rest of my juice... Sorta pressure wash my tank then start all over. It's every single tank no matter the juice! The blob just hangs out at the bottom while the rest of the juice is clear. I first thought maybe it's stuck between the two layers but i dont think it is. Why am i getting these? I don't like having to constantly dump juice. Help? Want suggestions?
a043394693e96da2114e0f423b276f68.jpg

I clean my tank after every tank and I've tried all kinds of different juices in it.. If still does this in the apex but not my other tanks

Tapayappin
I would say that bubble is between the glass. If it wasn't, I would think that bubble would mix with the other juice. :unsure:

The next time you take it apart, maybe try taking all the parts off, the drip tip, the bottom, and even take the coil out.
When the coil is out, and you look in the hole where the coil goes, you can see a center hole and two square holes on either side of the center hole.
Then open the air flow up the whole way, and and try to run really warm water through the air flow.
The water should come out the bottom square holes . Run the water through both sides, (Both air vents).
You can run water through them square holes too, this water should come back out the side air vents.
You can try to blow through them too.

While you have it apart, you can also try to submerge the whole take under really warm water, up side down.
Let it fill up, Take it out of the water and try to shake all the water out.
Once the water is out of the tank, blow through it.

I haven't had any leaking with either my APEX nor my APEX 5, but I been using them Clapton coils..
The next time you have the coil out, look in the hole where the coil goes, and see if there is any damage around any of them holes.
Thinking maybe the top of the coil could of scratched the inside when putting it in. :unsure:

I hope this helps, and Good Luck :)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Where is a good place to order more coils? I think I am going to keep this one around awhile!............

Depends on which ones "You" want and at what oHm's too . . . A lot of places are selling the .02/.05 oHm's (more commonly available) compared to the 2.0 oHm's . . . AND - Then there is whether or not "You" just want the originals or the new Clapton coils too . . . Also - Some places are only selling them individually while others are selling them in 5 packs . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

EDIT: Hope this helps @liblue1 & Everyone else that is interested . . . ;)

Just did a search again and found that these Vendors have the Innokin Replacement Coils at the most reasonable prices, a couple even have % Code Off too that I found on the Deals & Steals Thread:

All listed from less expensive on up . . .

Those that have 5 Packs:

Heaven Gifts: ( Use: " Avpforum " for 8% OFF )

$7.50 .02/.05 oHm Coils 5pcs Innokin iTaste iSub Subohm Coil

Vapor Beast: ($10 Off + Free Shipping if Ya' spend $65.00 or more Discount Code: " TENBUCKS " )

$9.49 Innokin iSub Replacement Coils | Clearomizers & Tanks | VaporBeast
$9.49 Innokin iSub Ni200 Coil - 5 pack | Tanks & Accessories | VaporBeast
$10.49 Innokin iSub BVC Coil - 5 pack |

My Freedom Smokes: (Replacement heads 40% OFF = Coupon Code " 40REHEAD " Limit 2 Packs)

$9.95 only .05 - 5 Packs iSub Replacement Heads 0.5Ω (5 pack)

Seling them Individually:

MyVapeStore: ( Can't find any discount codes or % OFF )

$1.95 @ Original, Clapton, etc & at varying oHm's: Replacement Coil-Atomizer Head for Innokin iSub Tank

Last edited:

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Vapor Beast

My tank got a "thumbnail" shaped "blob" that I thought was between the glass and the lowest metal part. If it is between two glass pieces this has to be one of the worst designs ever. Others report of "fog". Not sure what to think of this.

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Vapor Beast

My tank got a "thumbnail" shaped "blob" that I thought was between the glass and the lowest metal part. If it is between two glass pieces this has to be one of the worst designs ever. Others report of "fog". Not sure what to think of this.
Okay so im not the only one lol. Hopefully the new apex doesn't have this issue.. So far its been the best tasting tank for me.... I dont like having to dump my juices out of paranoia that its unclean or going to clog my coil. I couldn't tell if its was in between or not....i think other than that its kewl beans.

Tapayappin

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I came to the conclusion that all tanks leak, even if it's a tiny micro little drop. :unsure:
I haven't had or seen any juice in between my glass in neither my APEX nor my APEX 5, but I seen tiny droplets in the bottom cap when I change my coil.
This leads me to believe if I don't wipe or clean the bottom and the cap out, (maybe once a week) that it could build up to one Big drop, and work it's way up between the glass.
I am sold on the Clapton coils, the first version of the iSub coils seem to leak on me a lot, so I haven't even tried them in neither of my APEX tanks.
But I can see if I would use a normal iSub coil in a APEX and it did leak, well the juice would go into the bottom cap, and eventually end up between the glass.

FOG
My first APEX did fog up, makes it hard to see my juice level. But the APEX 5 isn't anywhere near that bad, if any fog at all.
Here is a picture I took on XMAS, you can see the difference in the Glass between the APEX and the APEX 5,
12345750_444545249082992_865613633_n.jpg

APEX 5 on the Left and you can see clearly through the tank,
The APEX on the right, I would have to hold up to a light to see where my juice level is at.
I'm not a big fan of the Air vent on Drip tips :nah: The APEX 5 doesn't have one and that's a plus for me too.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Depends on which ones "You" want and at what oHm's too . . . A lot of places are selling the .02/.05 oHm's (more commonly available) compared to the 2.0 oHm's . . . AND - Then there is whether or not "You" just want the originals or the new Clapton coils too . . . Also - Some places are only selling them individually while others are selling them in 5 packs . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

EDIT: Hope this helps @liblue1 & Everyone else that is interested . . . ;)

Just did a search again and found that these Vendors have the Innokin Replacement Coils at the most reasonable prices, a couple even have % Code Off too that I found on the Deals & Steals Thread:

All listed from less expensive on up . . .

Those that have 5 Packs:

Heaven Gifts: ( Use: " Avpforum " for 8% OFF )

$7.50 .02/.05 oHm Coils 5pcs Innokin iTaste iSub Subohm Coil

Vapor Beast: ($10 Off + Free Shipping if Ya' spend $65.00 or more Discount Code: " TENBUCKS " )

$9.49 Innokin iSub Replacement Coils | Clearomizers & Tanks | VaporBeast
$9.49 Innokin iSub Ni200 Coil - 5 pack | Tanks & Accessories | VaporBeast
$10.49 Innokin iSub BVC Coil - 5 pack |

My Freedom Smokes: (Replacement heads 40% OFF = Coupon Code " 40REHEAD " Limit 2 Packs)

$9.95 only .05 - 5 Packs iSub Replacement Heads 0.5Ω (5 pack)

Seling them Individually:

MyVapeStore: ( Can't find any discount codes or % OFF )

$1.95 @ Original, Clapton, etc & at varying oHm's: Replacement Coil-Atomizer Head for Innokin iSub Tank
I used the MFS CODE & got 2 boxes for about $14.00.......hard to tell since I got some other stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread