Innokin iSub RBA Kit!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastiffhound

Jun 8, 2015
Looks like Innokin answered some prayers, I found this on the MVS here is the link- Innokin iSub RBA Rebuildable Atomizer Kit. Priced at $8.50 and in stock at MVS!!!!

No pics because they're copyrighted but here's the text-
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

Innokin iSub RBA Rebuildable Atomizer Kit

The Innokin iSub RBA Kit can be used with the popular Innokin iSub tanks such as the iSub, iSub G, iSub S, iSub APEX and the iSub Apex 5. This allows you to rebuild your own coils providing great flavor and vapor adjusted to your personal preferences. This RBA Kit is not compatible with any other tanks other than the InnokiniSub Series.

Compatible Tanks:

Rebuildable atomizer: The user of this atomizer must install wick and wire (coil) in order to use it. This atomizer is not pre-installed with coil. Installation is required. Wick, wire and mesh sold separately.
Important Note:
Rebuildable atomizer coils and wicks have known risks.

Rebuildables are for experts, not average or beginner vapers with no multimeter or knowledge of how to use a meter, or when a meter must be used, or how electronic devices work. These materials cannot safely be used by the inexperienced or those without basic knowledge of electronics.

This is because:

1. A rebuildable coil/wick MUST be tested carefully with a meter before it is used.
2. If it is not tested it is entirely the risk of the user.
3. Faulty wicks/coils WILL blow electronic devices.
4. New coil/wick units must be tested and then used first on a strong basic electrical APV that has short circuit protection.
5. No new coil/wick assembly should be used on an electronic device until known to be safe.
6. These items destroy electronic devices if faulty. This is a known issue.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well I am not into building coils at all and would really rather be able to purchase what I NEED, however given that this is a complete kit for use with the Innokin iSub & APEX Tank Series, the low price (Thankfully), and the possibility that I WILL HAVE to start building sometime in the future - I probably will get one of these for as a New Year's gift for "Myself" . . . ;) Better tag some other ECFer's, especially some of the "TootlePuffer's" that I think would want to get one of these too, especially if they are placing any orders for other "Stuff" there:

HEY ! ! ! @liblue1, @dcfluegel, @whodat2112, @CountBoredom, @angelphyre, @AndriaD, @cooladdict, @Jim_MDP, @hittman, @PaulBHC, @Katdarling, @DPLongo22, @Krisma, @louiesquared, @LJFinFLA, @Robert Cromwell, @Shawn Hoefer, @Fuzzy Thunderbear, @Lannie, @DavidOck, @tj99959, @Oregon Linda, @DingerCPA. . .

Check out the first post ! ! ! :thumbs:

AND - I know there is some more people who might want to know, just can't remember who off the top of "My" Head like others can . . . SO - Pass the Word . . . ;)

Last edited:

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
I just saw this on MVS and am one happy camper.
I have the iSub, iSubG, iSubS, and want the new iSub Apex5 in black. I love these tanks and rewick the stock coils which last and last, but now I can do my own coils to make it even better. I love how Innokin does their homework before releasing something new every week like some other companies.
Now to decide how many to order so the wife doesn't shoot me...

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
I just inserted my first .5 ohm clapton coil in my Isub G tank, and the flavor is much better than the standard .5 ohm coil.
However because it requires more watts, it makes the vapor warmer.
I am trying to find my "sweet spot".
Literally just got them in the mail 10 minutes ago.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I suppose I should grab a pack of Claptons as well as I've never used them. :D

But I still think I'll pick up an RBA to try.
The APEX doesn't interest me, but the Top-Fill S does.
Hell, I've had a G since the beginning... and never used it, just the 3 PCs. :eek:

I figure I'm overdue something new to make me break it out of storage. :p

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@Uncle
Please add me to your tootle puffer list.lol

Well Honestly - I don't have a list, but will keep Ya' in mind when and if I "Tag" the "Tootle-Puffer's" again . . . ;)

BTW: Have "You" check in on the "Tootle-Puffer Thread - there is a lot of conversations about RBA/RDA and coils there too . . . Check it Out: Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel) . . . Just Sayin' . . . :thumbs:

Now - Besides "You" I want to say - THANK YOU - to @Stegle, @louiesquared, and @Jim_ MDP for having this discussion and providing the video . . . I have never ever wanted to get into RBA/RDA & rebuilding coils (although I thought about it) until Innokin came out with this kit . . . However, I am still a little more then hesitant given some of the reviews, so being able to read your discussion and helpful hints so far and watching the video I am learning a lot from you guys . . . I still just might wait a little longer to get the kit, since my fingers and abilities are very limited - but "You" all have perked "My" interest in getting the Kit again and that I might be able to do this sometime . . . We'll See . . . Again - THANKS ! ! ! :D

Unothegreat

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2015
Vinny is correct, I'm referring to the pre made coils that came with the RBA. I must not have been fully awake when I typed that.

I know there are some people that rewick the the standard coils, and have good luck, so if that's the route you want to go, it should be fine.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
wowwwwwwwww this is great. now i need to stock up on isubs... cheapest tanks around, now w/RBA ability? damn it, if i had known this was in the worx, my xmas list would of been a fair bit different.... ugh... I neeeed a job. i need about 1000 isubs and 10-20 of these heads... then I'll feel safe/secure for the future. ;) awesome though, glad they listened to us.

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
I just got 2 of these. They are tiny to work with, but I have big fingers. I'm not quite sure what to think yet about wicking them properly. The first 3 attempts have leaked horribly for me.
i then ran across the first youtube video released yesterday and that helped a lot. I was leaving too much wick exposed outside the chimney, you need to light stuff it in so it's flush.
But, I did one last night and it worked perfectly until just an hour ago and started leaking just a bit.
I think I'll get it down proper in time but it is going to be a finicky bugger for a while I'm sure.

They are 3.5mm by the way!

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Let me try to explain. The seal that the wick must pass is kinda like a windshield wiper running over the glass. I think as the wick gets pushed passed it is grabbing the wick a little bit and moving it. That is a great video but if you look closely he does have some wick sticking out. I haven't had any problems rewicking the stock atty so I think the problem is with the shape of the hole and using a smaller diameter coil giving a smaller size wick. It has definitely been finicky that's for sure. I did have some wick sticking out of the stock atty but it is in the hole very tight and had no leaking. I always like to leave a little extra wick because ime so far when you begin to use the thing and create that vacuum it has a tendency to draw the wick inside the atomizer a bit. I will try my 3 mm coil one more time but if it leaks or restricts the airflow I will stick with the 3.5 . I will keep updating here I hope others will do the same.☺

Last edited:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I was put off by some print reviews complaining about "getting the leg into the hole" or "working with the L bend in the leg" and pictured something bizarre.
Seeing it in the video... I really like the idea of the design and especially having screws to trap the leads.
Sounds much less fiddly than the usual grommet/insulator set-up.

Any complaints here about it?

Oh, and a manual written in conversational English.
How the hell did that happen? :eek:

:p
The wire hole is not easy but it can be done. The manual may be in English but is still a little confusing regarding the oring and it states you can leave both screws in loosely to build. Well you cant; one screw has to be removed.It is definitely better then the usual Chinglish.☺

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread