It happened, bring on the antz - ECig Mod Explodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
why is it fault of vapers in general when one very uninformed user blow himself up? mech mod or otherwise, the safety of the device is up to the vaper who is using it. i think it should be mandatory to learn how to properly use the mod even before firing their first button. i have seen enough kids blowing up their fingers building super firecrakers or using M80. first thing that comes to my mind is "dumb ...". almost anything can be dangerous to people. ton of things around house can kill someone if they lack the common sense to use simple tools such as kitchen knife. right nick at the right place can let someone bleed to death in very short time.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
Hey I grew up in East Texas..bumpkins have been mis using stuff and getting blown up for centuries..well for as long as the phrase "hold my beer and watch this":p has been around that doesn't mean mine is going to (given that I'm using properly and maintaining quality equipment)

a few idiots are NOT representative of the whole in any situation..vaping included.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
How many people, including "children" die or are severely hurt every year from ATV accidents? Yet not one word about banning or taxing them! Hell, it's so common in isn't even newsworthy!

I live in a small, I mean really small town that has a few ATV rallies nearby each year. The hospital staff loves it cause they add staffing those weekends and everybody gets lots of overtime.

Vermonster13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Rutland, Vermont
Sitting in bed smoking statement shows this fellows lack of savvy. Two different kinds of batteries, called 911 and stated immediately that his ecig blew up(amazing how one battery is unscathed). When will the lawsuit be filed one wonders.

all the safety info we post is also a good blueprint for staging an "accident".

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
everything is wrong with his setup

1 the batery isn't suited to use on the atlantis coils
2 the atlantis isn't suited to be used on a 4nine, a mod that hybridizes

it was an accident waiting to happen

it is like buying a motorcycle and try to see how fast it can go without wearing a helmet and never used a bike before

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
why is it fault of vapers in general when one very uninformed user blow himself up? mech mod or otherwise, the safety of the device is up to the vaper who is using it. i think it should be mandatory to learn how to properly use the mod even before firing their first button. i have seen enough kids blowing up their fingers building super firecrakers or using M80. first thing that comes to my mind is "dumb ...". almost anything can be dangerous to people. ton of things around house can kill someone if they lack the common sense to use simple tools such as kitchen knife. right nick at the right place can let someone bleed to death in very short time.

You obviosly dont spend enough time in new members forum. " my mods melting and my coils are on fire, did I do something wrong? " whats resistance? Do I really have to buy a meter? Why cant I use these laptop batteries.

They have a mod in there hand - thus they are vapors- and we are all guilty by association.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Show me a single mech mod in existence that even comes with a manual explaining battery safety, telling the user what battery they should be using on the device, or how low ohm a build the mech can handle safely, or anything at all besides "gimme $300 for my metal tube".

The simple fact of the matter is there isn't a mech mod out there that has ratings for what the device can handle or educates its users. They don't do it because no law requires them to do it and they just pump out inherently unsafe products saying "gimme $300 for my metal tube". So people are left to their own devices, some find places online to learn, or just figure it out through trial and error.

Honestly I'm surprised there haven't been a whole hell of a lot more errors making the news.

If there's a segment of this industry going out of its way to absolutely beg the government to step in and impose regulations upon us, its the mech mod designers who just pump out highly overpriced garbage looking to make fast money.

You guys can blame the guy, call him an idiot but what about the scumbags that make these devices and do absolutely nothing to educate the consumer? I can think of no other name for a company that produces a product that can be potentially dangerous offering nothing but advertising or a price tag.

What about the scumbag shops that push these devices while doing nothing to educate the consumer?

Sure the guy might have been uneducated about mechs. But honestly, if the mech designers and the vape shops don't educate him and he's being sold this stuff over the counter and handed some batteries, is it really his fault he was sold something potentially dangerous with absolutely no warning that it could be?

If I went into your back yard and laid land mines in it and you went out and stepped on one. Who's fault would it be? Mine for putting them there? Or you for being too stupid to check for land mines?

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest

exactly - and to a more definitive comparison - they are just as "extreme" as guns. ----- can cause accidents if mishandled, can takes lives if mistreated/used - but it can also save lifes if it is being used for its intended purpose ---- it all comes down to the knowladge/use of the person handling it.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Most websites I've been on do have a disclaimer warning the consumer that RBAs and mech mods are for advanced users. I suppose B&Ms don't tell you.

The user manual for my motorcycle is pretty entertaining. It seems everything they could think of is in there. Warning: riding on the windshield instead of the seat could result in injury or death. Ok, I won't.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Show me a single mech mod in existence that even comes with a manual explaining battery safety, telling the user what battery they should be using on the device, or how low ohm a build the mech can handle safely, or anything at all besides "gimme $300 for my metal tube".

The simple fact of the matter is there isn't a mech mod out there that has ratings for what the device can handle or educates its users. They don't do it because no law requires them to do it and they just pump out inherently unsafe products saying "gimme $300 for my metal tube". So people are left to their own devices, some find places online to learn, or just figure it out through trial and error.

Honestly I'm surprised there haven't been a whole hell of a lot more errors making the news.

If there's a segment of this industry going out of its way to absolutely beg the government to step in and impose regulations upon us, its the mech mod designers who just pump out highly overpriced garbage looking to make fast money.

You guys can blame the guy, call him an idiot but what about the scumbags that make these devices and do absolutely nothing to educate the consumer? I can think of no other name for a company that produces a product that can be potentially dangerous offering nothing but advertising or a price tag.

What about the scumbag shops that push these devices while doing nothing to educate the consumer?

Sure the guy might have been uneducated about mechs. But honestly, if the mech designers and the vape shops don't educate him and he's being sold this stuff over the counter and handed some batteries, is it really his fault he was sold something potentially dangerous with absolutely no warning that it could be?

If I went into your back yard and laid land mines in it and you went out and stepped on one. Who's fault would it be? Mine for putting them there? Or you for being too stupid to check for land mines?

I have significantly more dangerous items in my house that did NOT come with instructions. If I get hurt (or hurt someone) it's MY responsibility.

If I cause injury or damage while using one of these devices as intended and it fails because of a design or manufacturing defect, that's one issue. but if I refuse to educate myself and use it incorrectly or unsafely, the blame lies solely on my shoulders, regardless of what the vape shop sold me.

I can find instruction manuals for my 60 year old 35mm camera on line. There's no excuse for an individual failing to educate themselves on the proper use of a purchase besides laziness.

And while I understand your "land mine" argument, this is more a case of me buying a landmine, burying it in my yard, and then stepping on it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread