Kanger Pro Tank VS Vivi Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
:ohmy:Help! Started vaping three weeks ago, started with smoktech clearomizer on vision spinner, now doing the Smoktech cartomizer. I like the flavor lots better with the cartomizer.... but I have a Kanger Protank coming in the mail.... those that use the Kanger Pyrex protank... do you notice better flavor than the clearomizer????? I noticed a wick taste or something weird from clearomizer I didn't like. I hope I used correct terms as I am still a newbie!

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I purchased a Vivi Nova months ago, horrible....zero throat hit or flavor, after a couple hours I tossed it in the drawer never to be vaped again, ProTank on order...I suspect it'll be every bit as good, if not better than my Evods that I love...and most well respected reviewers rave about it.

I concur with the above post, I'll be using evod coils as well, cheaper and I have tons of um.

biggestfinsfan

May 16, 2013
york pa
i have both, started vaping a few months ago and tried everything trying to find what i like, and i mean everything, i have so many different tanks and cartomizers its crazy, i liked the vivi nova ok but i havent tried anything better than the protank, i love it and love it some more, only thing when refilling wipe off the stem and rubber groment when refilling and i take atomizer off base and always a little juice on base, wipe that out and g2g

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I've seen the nomenclature MT3 also. I haven't researched it to find out what's different.

This is a MT3. :)

3Umcv84.jpg

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Protank is worlds away from the ViVi Nova in materials used and in quality of the vape IMO. Pyrex doesnt impart a plastic flavor to juices and theres no danger of leeching or cracking with cinnamon and citrus flavors. Having the coil on the bottom in the Protank is the way to go. The Novas muted the flavor of my ADV so bad it didnt taste anything like it.

Not so with the Protank, flavor is clean and crisp and puts out loads of vapor.Ive never been a fan of clearomizers until the Protank

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
Pyrex will be big in the vaping world soon. Many of us already know that the most sanitary vape is out of a virtually non porous material, like pyrex. The most pure vape you will get. Plastic doesn't take heat particularly well and certain acidic ejuices can leech from plastic. No matter what type of plastic, don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

Stainless steel is another good medium to vape from. I have a few plastic clearos (T3's) one 3.5 ML Vivi left.....I hate throw stuff out but I think I'm just gonna toss these.

I have a few AGAT2's, 5 Kanger Pro Tanks, one IGO-L, one Phoenix RDA.....they will get me by for awhile.

I think more manufacturers will be moving to pyrex......a few companies will still manufacture plastic stuff...its cheap to do so and if people keep buying them they'll keep making them.

tusman

Dec 12, 2012
from far away...
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Not required.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've been vaping on my Protank for the last week or so. I keep going back and comparing it to the T3 and SmokTech mega cartos. I've finally decided that what turns me off about the Protank is the cold vape. The bottom coil style is definitely a better juice feed method and I don't experience the dry hits I did from the Vivi Nova at times.

My cartos are bottom coils but they impart a little warmth that satisfies. I don't like a hot vape, but a cold vape just leaves something to be desired. If I get past 4.2v on a 2.6 ohm Protank head, I start to get some slight burning taste with the added warmth. Stainless steel and Pyrex are definitely cooler than plastic tanks with plastic drip tips.

I like the design and build quality of the Protank, though. I still find the best taste in a carto or the T3. Make the Protank produce the flavor of a T3 and I'm sold.

I purchased a Vivi Nova months ago, horrible....zero throat hit or flavor, after a couple hours I tossed it in the drawer never to be vaped again, ProTank on order...I suspect it'll be every bit as good, if not better than my Evods that I love...and most well respected reviewers rave about it.

I concur with the above post, I'll be using evod coils as well, cheaper and I have tons of um.
Have your tried the Evod coils in the Kanger Protank? How are they working for you? flavor, etc? Saw online and were less expensive than the Kanger replacement coils for the Kanger Protank. Please excuse any misused terms. I am 3 1/2 weeks on vaping.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm switching back and forth these days from a SmokTech carto to the Vivi Nova to the Protank. It's getting better as I get used to the difference in feel. I want to like it just because it's made so well. I removed the silicone seal that covers the v-notches above the coil and there's a difference. If I can get past the cold steel tip, I may grow to like it.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I'm switching back and forth these days from a SmokTech carto to the Vivi Nova to the Protank. It's getting better as I get used to the difference in feel. I want to like it just because it's made so well. I removed the silicone seal that covers the v-notches above the coil and there's a difference. If I can get past the cold steel tip, I may grow to like it.

Have you seen this? Tatroe Tank 3.2ML Grooved

Uses the base and coil from a Protank, but the body is all stainless and you can use your own drip tips. :D

Thinking that would look very sharp sitting on top of my Vamo. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread