The Lurker Thread

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good morning Lurkers. :wub:
Ugh, didn't want to get up.
This is good sleeping weather! Pitch dark, raining....

I have a full day today. Errands, and two appointments.
So if I'm not around, you know why.
Have a great day all! :)

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    17425967_10210689256459024_2874973179698091400_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning lovely lurkers. :wub:

I know I have a busy morning ahead of me because I was still behind at the end of the day yesterday...time to grab some more coffee to fortify myself.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Good morning Angel :wub:
    Hopefully it'll all smooth out today :)

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    Good morning lurkers:wub::wub::wub:

Has Bobbi check in? :unsure:
    I've tried! Between 404 errors and our worthless internet service I haven't managed until this morning!:mad: Not sure what is going on but we are running through our 545 MB of data in about 1/2 hour. I suspect the company we get it from. Our plan is so old it is 545 MB per day, they sell it by the month now and I think are trying to force us to give up and switch over...:-x We have been fighting with them all week on it! I have free from 2am to 7am so guess I'm gonna have to get around earlier! 30 pages to read this morning took a bit of time.:lol:

Had a great visit with the family last weekend. Started planning a camp out for Aunt Myrna's 80th in August. I always end up the one who gets to do the meal planning and such so have been busy starting to arrange that... already have 25 confirmed to go. Got a cabin reserved, too old to sleep on the ground and Bruce hates the trip up to where we camp so doesn't want to pull the trailer up! He isn't fond of heights and the drop offs on the mountains make him very anxious...:rolleyes:

He laughed at me for wanting to reserve this early... uh, yeah... couldn't get either of the ones with 6 people, they were gone already! Got a 4 person, that will cover us and the grand girls.:p It will also give us a full size fridge and stove which will make cooking for that many easier!o_O

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    Good morning Bobbi:wub: Welcome home!

Your camp sounds lovely for everyone but you o_O
    Good morning OBG and Dale:wub::wub:

I don't mind it Dale. The planning part is to make sure we can fix a meal big enough and everyone can bring things that will be needed for it. We all love taco salad so if I cook the meat ahead, it can be warmed at the cabin and we don't have to do it over a campfire;) My cousin Jim usually takes care of the grilling and such with everyone else kind of in and out of the helping. Each of us has our area of things we kind of do best... me I'm a planner. I find things to do in the area, lodging, menu, that sort of thing. Some will camp, some will want rooms, so I find out prices and availability and post them so people don't have to search. I plan meals and then everyone brings their share instead of having to fix half a dozen different things, it really is easier that way... and we make sure that someone brings the coffee!!! (a joke on Aunt Myrna, she forgot the coffee when I was about 5... she still hasn't lived that one down!:lol:) Over the years I have planned quite a few camp outs but was sure surprised at how many of us there are now!:eek: I gather info on museums, fishing license requirements, attractions in the area, boat rentals, swimming and such. That way if they want to go do something like that we already know the cost and hours and such. One year we actually had a large enough group that a "living museum" that was in NM actually opened so we could spend our day there and there were no other people. It was a recreation of life in pioneer NM with a livery stable, cooking, etc. It was awesome.;)

The internet is so much easier than back when I had to mail each thing out to all the families!

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    Lunchtime flyby...don't think I even had time to catch my breath for the first 5 hours today...what made it worse was the boss wanted me to start training my co-worker on payroll...it's great to have us all cross-trained, but today was not a good day to start that...considering I was already behind, having to take the time to train someone, who is a little slow to pick up on things, made something that should have taken me a couple of hours to finish everything, drag out to 5 hours! :facepalm:...I ended up having to tell her I'd train her more next week on it and kick her out of my office so I could get things done...if I hadn't, I'd still be there trying to finish. :rolleyes:

Bobbi, sounds like it will be an awesome gathering...and sounds like it's in a nice place too...should be a good time for all. :)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Lunchtime flyby...don't think I even had time to catch my breath for the first 5 hours today...what made it worse was the boss wanted me to start training my co-worker on payroll...it's great to have us all cross-trained, but today was not a good day to start that...considering I was already behind, having to take the time to train someone, who is a little slow to pick up on things, made something that should have taken me a couple of hours to finish everything, drag out to 5 hours! :facepalm:...I ended up having to tell her I'd train her more next week on it and kick her out of my office so I could get things done...if I hadn't, I'd still be there trying to finish. :rolleyes:

Bobbi, sounds like it will be an awesome gathering...and sounds like it's in a nice place too...should be a good time for all. :)
    Always seems to happen that way doesn't it :?:

Users who are viewing this thread