Status
Not open for further replies.

cowbooger88

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
charleston sc
New addition to the house.. A puppy! ;)

1236192_804694022879671_1222183927_n.jpg

Awwww!!! I've been begging my bf to get my marshy a friend! :)

And I <3 having people that care :) ****hugs to all***** my bf doesn't and has never smoked so he thinks I'm making everything up to go back to analogs he just has no idea how frustrating this is for me

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
CB - I agree with what the others have said. Clearly you are having issues. We've read many posts/threads about others who have had allergy, and/or dehydration issues. It could be you're allergic or sensitive to the sweetner, or it could be a PG sensitivity.

I'm no doctor, but about 20 years ago, I was an EMT for a short time. (Long enough to find out there is not enough money in the field to trade my the health of my back for...too much heavy lifting. ;) ) There can be serious, and or life threatening consequences if you end up with a full blown allergic reaction, and it can happen fast. If you're familiar with allergies, then you know about anaphylactic shock.
If the spots on the back of your throat are from an allergic reaction, or sensitivity, that is your body saying STOP IT. If you are allergic to something, that means your body perceives it as a poison. If you build up too much of the "poison", you can in fact go into anaphylactic shock. Please don't read into any of this as me being harsh to you about this. It's hard to convey emotion in a typed message, please know that we all just care. We don't want to see anyone having problems. But any allergy or sensitivity can be serious.
So think about how you will proceed.

You may just be coming down with the flu, and have not "gotten there" yet. Did the Dr. culture your throat?? You may just not be taking in enough water too.

Just all things to think about. Okay. (((HUGS))) It will all work out, and if you have to go back to the cigs for awhile, it's not the end of the world. :)

balwin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado, United States
So....went to a doc in a box today mainly cuz I don't have a regular Dr. Anyways my throat broke back out. And with the nausea and headaches and testing negative for flu (which with my bf testing positive Saturday we thought for sure that's what I had) he suggested putting the ecig down for a few days. :( I don't know what to do right now. I feel pretty lost

Sounds like you should go ahead and stop using it for a few days then. After you find out about allergies you can decide where to go from there. No sense pushing your luck with what could be a very dangerous allergy. Best to live to fight another day to my way of thinking...

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
CB - I agree with what the others have said. Clearly you are having issues. We've read many posts/threads about others who have had allergy, and/or dehydration issues. It could be you're allergic or sensitive to the sweetner, or it could be a PG sensitivity.

I'm no doctor, but about 20 years ago, I was an EMT for a short time. (Long enough to find out there is not enough money in the field to trade my the health of my back for...too much heavy lifting. ;) ) There can be serious, and or life threatening consequences if you end up with a full blown allergic reaction, and it can happen fast. If you're familiar with allergies, then you know about anaphylactic shock.
If the spots on the back of your throat are from an allergic reaction, or sensitivity, that is your body saying STOP IT. If you are allergic to something, that means your body perceives it as a poison. If you build up too much of the "poison", you can in fact go into anaphylactic shock. Please don't read into any of this as me being harsh to you about this. It's hard to convey emotion in a typed message, please know that we all just care. We don't want to see anyone having problems. But any allergy or sensitivity can be serious.

You may just be coming down with the flu, and have not "gotten there" yet. Did the Dr. culture your throat?? You may just not be taking in enough water too.

Just all things to think about. Okay. (((HUGS))) It will all work out, and if you have to go back to the cigs for awhile, it's not the end of the world. :)

Sound advice there Lori

cowbooger88

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
charleston sc

The spots happened last time I was on the ecig. Today has been the first day my throat hasn't been dry since vaping. Part of me is wondering if my throat gets these spots from sinus draining since I take benadryl every night and icy hot to clear things up or if they are from my throat getting so incredibly dry. I'm heading to the local shop to get some straight vg and discuss cutting my liquids I've ordered. I won't be able to go down to zero and try to figure out how to keep the nicotine around a 12. Not Sure I Can Lower it. And the Dr did a throat and nose culture. Nothing here.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Awwwwwww, what a sweet pup!!! :wub: When did you have to put Daisy down?? Recently??

Hi Rose!!
wave.gif

CB, if you have an EpiPen, then you know full well how dangerous allergies can be. :( Combine that with your other known sensitivities, and allergies....you could be one that is just allergic to a lot of things. It happens. I can only say to proceed with caution. Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's my opinion....and you did ask for opinions. :laugh:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
The spots happened last time I was on the ecig. Today has been the first day my throat hasn't been dry since vaping. Part of me is wondering if my throat gets these spots from sinus draining since I take benadryl every night and icy hot to clear things up or if they are from my throat getting so incredibly dry. I'm heading to the local shop to get some straight vg and discuss cutting my liquids I've ordered. I won't be able to go down to zero and try to figure out how to keep the nicotine around a 12. Not Sure I Can Lower it. And the Dr did a throat and nose culture. Nothing here.

Well now that makes sense.. benadryl + vaping = dehydrated
Drink plenty of water always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread