Status
Not open for further replies.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I don't mind living in the mtns. There are certain benefits, but the walking up and down the things is what gets to me. There's a reason why "ridge runners" have one leg shorter than the other. Ha! :)
    Coming back up from the mail box mid summer is quite a chore :rolleyes: Starting to understand why the neighbors drive :facepalm:

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    No need for the Coast Guard Chooch, but it certainly was a bit more than a sprinkle here...7 inches in 5 hours caused severe flash flooding all over. The neighborhood down the street from here had to have over 20 people rescued by boat! :shock:...Once the rain stopped yesterday, the flooding cleared away within a couple of hours and I was finally able to make it out around 2 and get to a client's house to take care of them (didn't know paralegals did house calls did ya?:p) and then make it to the bf's a little early...just in time to get my big drink! :D

Did manage to get all the water out of the floorboard of my car, both front and back passenger side. We think either the door didn't close good or the driving rain came in through a tiny gap in the window...that rain was blowing every which way and with strong winds behind it so maybe so. Just glad it wasn't a busted water pump or something from the engine...that wouldn't have been good! :glare:

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    Okay! Everyone's on high ground and dry. :)

Nope, had no idea paralegals made house calls, Angel. What an interesting thing. :)

Fortunately, Dale, the uphill trek to our mailbox is a short one from the front door.....Just don't start out from the end of the driveway. When it forcasts snow or sleet, we park a car on the road......otherwise we stay put and wait 'til stuff melts. :)

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    Nope, had no idea paralegals made house calls, Angel. What an interesting thing. :)
    Well, it's not something I actually do a lot but we have a client who is terminal and she's trying to set it up where her granddaughter, who she's been raising for the past 12 years, will be taken care of, so we're trying to help her get it done as quickly as possible and since none of us could get to the office yesterday I took the papers directly to her. I'll actually be going back Monday to get them from her so she doesn't have to travel. It's one of the things I like about my job, when we help out someone who really needs it.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    905x509_Pecan_Pie_0093.jpg

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    Figured it was something like that, Angel. Such a relief to that person that your ofc. does that for her. :) Hope the rest of your weekend is "rainless"! Think we're about to get two days of what you just went through......although we were suppose to get some today and didn't.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hi Angel! Wow what a time you have had! I sure hope things get better soon!
    Dale! That ice cream looks so good right now! Itsy finally Friday and I am finally home from work and that pecan pie and ice cream are perfect!
    Be nice if we really had some :rolleyes:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Morning! It's going to be rain free here today with sunshine! We had several tornadoes close to us yesterday but we are OK here in McKinney. Hopefully tornado season will start winding down!
    How are you in Arkansas?
    Wet wet wet :laugh:

Some areas have flooding, not sure where since I haven't left home since ... uh ... well, I don't remember o_O

Glad you came out okay :thumb:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread