• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Oh, how He loves us

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Was moved to share this today. Yesterday, I was really made aware of the need to pray prior to lunch. As I bowed my head over my plate I was overtaken by a very deep calm feeling. It was something I didn't want to get out of for awhile even with the smell of the food wafting up from my lunch plate.
    Later that afternoon my sister called with the news that my nephew ( unsaved ) had taken his own life earlier that day.
    That comforting feeling during lunchtime prayer sure helped me thru that day and yet today. Also to keep my heart open and aware of the need to share His Good News with other members of the family.

Oh, how He loves us!!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Was moved to share this today. Yesterday, I was really made aware of the need to pray prior to lunch. As I bowed my head over my plate I was overtaken by a very deep calm feeling. It was something I didn't want to get out of for awhile even with the smell of the food wafting up from my lunch plate.
    Later that afternoon my sister called with the news that my nephew ( unsaved ) had taken his own life earlier that day.
    That comforting feeling during lunchtime prayer sure helped me thru that day and yet today. Also to keep my heart open and aware of the need to share His Good News with other members of the family.

Oh, how He loves us!!

You experienced the 'peace that surpasses all understanding.' I have experienced that twice, both times before my parents died. It is very difficult to put into words. And, you are correct, as you don't want it to pass.

I am so very sorry for your loss, 777. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. If there is anything I can do for you and your family, please don't hesitate. I will keep all of you in my prayers.:wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread