Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So basically it's Evolv jumping on the Yihi 550J color screen ship. Interesting. Guessing there's a dna 250 on the horizon with a color screen.

I expect that too. The big deal is the ability to do a lot of eScribe stuff right on the mode with the addition of that third button for navigation. Also curves on the screen like in device Monitor. I'm sure there will be a flood of information over the next few weeks on it.

Great, another order to add to the to do list.

EODPaul

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Ottawa Ontario Canada
All these pretty mods. Do you guys even use them, or just take pictures of them?

I don't have the kind of lifestyle that allows me to treat mods like little babies. All my mods look beaten up. Paint scratched and chipping off, dents and scratches in the metal, and even the leather on my Triade looks extremely worn.

I've got one mod in pristine condition, an Hcigar VT133 that's still in the box. I have two, one I use which has probably 80% of the paint scratched off the battery door and the other is an unopened backup. I keep telling myself that I'm going to respray the battery door on the one I use with red plastidip, but I'm always too busy to get around to it. I've also got two RX200s sitting on a shelf behind me in pieces. I disassembled them so I could put new 510 connectors on them, but never got around to installing the new connectors. I prefer the consistency of the dna chips and I just can't be bothered to go back to the RX200, despite the fact that both mods are unused and have only been disassembled for 510 replacement.

I use all of mine daily. I'm an explosive ordnance disposal operator, and 2 of mine are always at 'work' with me. I keep them in a small Pelican type case, so they don't get wet, dirty, banged around too much. When I'm using them, I'm usually not doing much actual work, but likely just hanging in the smoking area at our ranges or at our main building.
My Alien has seen a few drops, but the silicone sleeve I picked up for it seems to be doing its job, few scuffs and dings, but nothing major. I've yet to break a tank, either at home or at work.
I do think I'm a bit overprotective of my vape gear, but here in Canada, they're not cheap at all. My Alien, Sigelei 213, and my eVic Primo all cost $80+ and most tanks are around $40.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I use all of mine daily. I'm an explosive ordnance disposal operator, and 2 of mine are always at 'work' with me. I keep them in a small Pelican type case, so they don't get wet, dirty, banged around too much. When I'm using them, I'm usually not doing much actual work, but likely just hanging in the smoking area at our ranges or at our main building.
My Alien has seen a few drops, but the silicone sleeve I picked up for it seems to be doing its job, few scuffs and dings, but nothing major. I've yet to break a tank, either at home or at work.
I do think I'm a bit overprotective of my vape gear, but here in Canada, they're not cheap at all. My Alien, Sigelei 213, and my eVic Primo all cost $80+ and most tanks are around $40.

EOD?? I would think doing that job any of these exploding batteries must be like a "You think that's bad? You should see this".

EODPaul

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Ottawa Ontario Canada
Yeah. I have a 'basic knowledge of electricity ', lol.

I never carry any vape related items with me on the job... the suit alone weighs over 80 lbs. I prefer to stay as light as I can otherwise. Me, my suit and my tools adds up to over 350lbs as it is.

I do say "Watch this" from time to time though.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
The Reo is officially retired and I might sell it, not sure yet. The one on the left is the first mod I've bought in 2 years. Wismec Predator with Elabo tank. Some dislikes of it, but none of that make it a bad experience.
18012630_1454435011293397_588049704_o.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Really? Where did you read that?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Different forum and it was a post referencing the SX Mini in general. I guess both the M and Q class had paint issues, so the poster assumed that the G class would suffer the same fate.

With only TCR for setting wire types and having to lock the resistance, it sort of puts the SX550J a bit behind the standard. Considering it's price tag, one would expect a flagship chipset to have customization options similar to eScribe at least.

Janky might have be an improper label... :lol:

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Different forum and it was a post referencing the SX Mini in general. I guess both the M and Q class had paint issues, so the poster assumed that the G class would suffer the same fate.

With only TCR for setting wire types and having to lock the resistance, it sort of puts the SX550J a bit behind the standard. Considering it's price tag, one would expect a flagship chipset to have customization options similar to eScribe at least.

Janky might have be an improper label... [emoji38]
I see. I tend to baby my mods but I'll let you know if I experience any issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
SXmG "Janky" TC? Not in the Least. VERY Solid & Stable as a Rock and quite Satisfying. I'm a Fan of DNA & eScribe as well but am every bit as pleased with the 550 as I am with ANY DNA equipped Mod I have.
Granted, it doesn't have the inherent ability to play or tweak the TC "Molecular Minutia" as the eScribe equipped Evolv chips do but for most/many, that is neither a desire or a necessity (no offense if it is such to any reading-tweak & peak away and prosper) in order to achieve individual Vape Nirvana. Unbiasedly & Objectively,,, It is an awesome Board that performs quite well, as advertised, and as expected. Even without the Jr. Home Vape-Scientist/Programmer Suite of fine-tuning ;)
I will say the original SXmini Board/Mod (forget the exact Nomenclature) was lacking and left me personally unsatisfied. But, the G and the 550 is another story entirely.
As for Paint Quality/Stamina, history would lead to and substantiate due skepticism and cynicism in that regard. However it is FAR too early in the Game to adjudicate and convict the SXmG on that Count.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
SXmG "Janky" TC? Not in the Least. VERY Solid & Stable as a Rock and quite Satisfying. I'm a Fan of DNA & eScribe as well but am every bit as pleased with the 550 as I am with ANY DNA equipped Mod I have.
Granted, it doesn't have the inherent ability to play or tweak the TC "Molecular Minutia" as the eScribe equipped Evolv chips do but for most/many, that is neither a desire or a necessity (no offense if it is such to any reading-tweak & peak away and prosper) in order to achieve individual Vape Nirvana. Unbiasedly & Objectively,,, It is an awesome Board that performs quite well, as advertised, and as expected. Even without the Jr. Home Vape-Scientist/Programmer Suite of fine-tuning ;)
I will say the original SXmini Board/Mod (forget the exact Nomenclature) was lacking and left me personally unsatisfied. But, the G and the 550 is another story entirely.
As for Paint Quality/Stamina, history would lead to and substantiate due skepticism and cynicism in that regard. However it is FAR too early in the Game to adjudicate and convict the SXmG on that Count.
Thanks for clearing that up good sir, I need to use a little more salt when reading posts other places... ;)

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Wismec Reux
2x SS 316L 26ga, Ø2.5mm, 8 wraps, 0.3ohm

Reux_3630_zpsniredqdr.jpg

Reux_3633_zpswkw7pctk.jpg

Reux_3636_zpsp5gnp6jv.jpg

Reux_3639_zpsnmta3xd2.jpg

Here, I was not sure what to do. I wondered if I should fill the juice flow holes with the remaining cotton.
I decided to cut the cotton close to the juceflow holes.
Reux_3646_zpsjhuk7sup.jpg

Reux_3647_zpsacocmguf.jpg

... here everything was fine. A lot of vapor with direct lung inhale, great flavor.
That was yesterday evening.
This morning, just before I left home, I filled the tank almost full, finished my coffee, opened the airflow and ... - disaster - I got at least 1ml of juice all over the mod.
I don't know what is wrong, but it happened before with a different build.
When I keep the juice level under ½ of the tank, it works fine.
Reux_3658_zpsnrr1zwjq.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread