Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
vaping (dot) com has been the only place that shows up for purchase. I know they had a "notify when back in stock" but I dont see that any more on the XOLO page.

Does anyone here have the XOLO? XOLO <--- link.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
So I got a myjet and filled a pod with some 70vg juice and I'm getting dry hits unless I wait quite a while in between draws.

Anybody else have one that can comment? Maybe needs less vg? Thanks
I got the MyJet and honestly I am not impressed. Thinner juice causes gurgles so maybe a 50/50 juice?

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I'm still on my first pod and estimate they will last me a week each, for $4 that's reasonable.
WoW, you don't vape a lot :) I go through 2 pods a day if it is all I am using. :lol: A battery seems to last for about one pod, which is good for a 350mAh battery. Takes about 30 minutes to charge.

Did not like there juice (puke) YMMV, so my first order of business was to refill it with my juice. Also had to rewick it as it still tasted like their juice (puke). Not really hard to take apart and rewick/refill. My regular juice did not have much flavor, even some of the premade from Nicoticket didn't have much flavor, ended up making some and cranking up the flavor % to be able to taste them. They hold 1.6ml, not 2ml like I have seen said elsewhere.

Here is a pod taken apart
my.pod01.jpg

Here is a pod ready to refill
my.pod02.jpg

I did dry burn one coil that had gunked up (3 or 4 refills), now that was a challenge, but was doable. I think I can replace the coil, but just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Here is a gunked coil
my.pod03.jpg

When I ordered I got 2 starter kits and 2 boxes of pods, with shipping it was just over $70 (only shipping was DHL :shock:). Once charged I tried the first one and almost no vapor, was disappointed, tried the second and it worked fine. Contacted Von Erl (with a video of the problem), she said there must be a problem with it and sent a replacement right out at no charge, good customer service. While waiting on the replacement I was using the working one, dropped it, and it quit working :(. Figured WTH and took it apart, one of the wires on the connection had come off, soldered it back on and working like a champ again.

Here is what it looked like
my.battery.jpg

One thing to also note, all 3 have different markings on them, like they were made in different plants, don't know what is going on there. Bottom line, it is a nice little device that gives a good vape if you replace the juice (my opinion here). The juice I am making for it is 30pg/70vg and the cotton seems to wick it fine.

Well I got a little long winded there, so I'll stop here. :D

disley

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
Australia
An excellent post burnie.
The MY is the only pod device I've tried. You're right about the DHL shipping being exorbitant.
As I only use it when I'm out of the house, it's lasting me a fair while.
4 or 5 MtL drags of the 18mg/ml nic juice holds me for an hour or more.
At home I vape on my chowderhead LBC dna200 squonker, and get through 20mls a day.
So the MY is very much a secondary device for me. I have no problem with their juice flavors, they're not what I would choose if there was a wider choice.
The MY is doing the job I bought it for, so I'm satisfied, I will see what I think about it after I start refilling the pods. If it's easy and can take a few refills it will be a plus.

Reactions: Burnie

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
This video will give you an idea of taking it apart, but DO NOT put it back like he does, it will leak. The top for the coil is inside the tank, work it up and out (you can see it in my picture above), put it on top of the coil, making sure it seats properly, fill the pod to just below the top of the center metal piece, then put the coil assemble back in, not hard at all. When I was testing mine I used them full time for 4 or 5 days (except when the battery was charging because I only had one when I was testing it) and they would work for a full time vape. I like that they are pocket friendly, and if they made a PCC that would hold 2 and a couple of extra pods that would make it even better.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
This video will give you an idea of taking it apart, but DO NOT put it back like he does, it will leak. The top for the coil is inside the tank, work it up and out (you can see it in my picture above), put it on top of the coil, making sure it seats properly, fill the pod to just below the top of the center metal piece, then put the coil assemble back in, not hard at all. When I was testing mine I used them full time for 4 or 5 days (except when the battery was charging because I only had one when I was testing it) and they would work for a full time vape. I like that they are pocket friendly, and if they made a PCC that would hold 2 and a couple of extra pods that would make it even better.

Do you know the approximate power output ? The resistance of the coil ? Voltage regulated at 3.7 ? Thanks.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Nothing on that site, all it says it's " in stores now " as well as a link to vaping.com. Is it the exclusive online seller ?

I don't think so. But it was a mad rush to get a partial shipment in under the wire before the FDA bovine excrement kicked in.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I got the Mistic today and I am more impressed with it than the MyJet. It has a big batt 1700 mah and 10 ml pods and the flavor of the strawberry is really really good! It is sub ohm which I never tried before and I don't like sub ohm DL vaping, so it is not something I would use, but for someone that does DL I think they would like it. Has plenty of vaper. Has a nice sold feel to the mod and pods should last awhile. It looks like it would not be hard to a drill a small fill hole in the top of the pod and put in a thumb screw or some type of silicone cap to seal the hole once drilled. That would make it longer lasting for refills. So I give the Mistic a thumbs up. [Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Do you know the approximate power output ? The resistance of the coil ? Voltage regulated at 3.7 ? Thanks.
No way to measure output power as the connection is in a hole, and you have to suck on it to activate it. Resistance I tried to measure with a DMM, looked about 1.7Ω (give or take), hard to keep the leads on them little pads. When I try to replace one I am going to measure thickness and count the wraps to try to get close, then I will have a better idea of the Ω. In another video the guy said it was regulated at 4.2v, but I have no way to check, of course he also said it was a 2ml capacity, and it is only 1.6ml. I am thinking regulated at 3.7v, but that is just My guess. Sorry, no better answers.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I made up some 60vg juice and no more dry hits but it feels under powered even for a MTL.
It is pretty wimpy in my opinion, bigger batt would help. Did you have trouble getting the pod in? Mine was too tight and ended up scraping the pod plastic off pretty badly. I could not get the pod on Until I used something to pry open the mod top a bit, seems cheaply built to me. The style of it seems similar to the Erl but quality seems to not be there for the MyJet. I'm recharging mine again to try it again with thicker juice because it did terrible with thin.

Reactions: Atlantisboy

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
No way to measure output power as the connection is in a hole, and you have to suck on it to activate it. Resistance I tried to measure with a DMM, looked about 1.7Ω (give or take), hard to keep the leads on them little pads. When I try to replace one I am going to measure thickness and count the wraps to try to get close, then I will have a better idea of the Ω. In another video the guy said it was regulated at 4.2v, but I have no way to check, of course he also said it was a 2ml capacity, and it is only 1.6ml. I am thinking regulated at 3.7v, but that is just My guess. Sorry, no better answers.
Thanks, so approximately 8 watts if you are correct about the resistance and 3.7 volts, and about 10 watts if voltage is regulated at 4.2. Seems about right to me based on the vapor produced in the video you linked.

That works for me ( with 18 mg/ml juice ), for the car and when i travel. I currently use the Njoy dailys for travel, but would prefer higher power, lower nic options.

I'm also considering the Njoy pre-filled tank options, larger form factor but they work with Ego batteries which is a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread