Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I sure did. Major headache when I woke up. I rarely drink, only a shot or two of Scotch on New Years' Eve,
a couple rum and cokes on Christmas, and a shot of cognac on my birthday. No beer or vino for me.
BTW, old superstition. Hookers would put valerian in their little purse to attract Johns. LOL.
I only drink to fall asleep if I need too and that is rarely too :) Hmm didn't know that about hookers LOL!

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Have you considered taking algae capsules or eating lots of mangoes?
Both are very high in iodine which kick starts your thyroid. My old lady
doesn't need to take thyroxin during mango season.
hmm,, I wonder if I have a lazy thyroid. most of my life I have had anemia

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Only one way to check it out. Blood test.
But if I'm not mistaken I read you say that aside from arguing with 10 pounds
(probably on your ....) you don't really have weight gain issues.
Hypothyroidism makes one put on weight. I'd venture you just have anemia.

Last edited:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Only one way to check it out. Blood test.
But if I'm not mistaken I read you say thay aside from arguing with 10 pounds
(probably on your ....) you don't really have weight gain issues.
Hypothyroidism makes one put on weight. I'd venture you just have anemia.
I know I have lower metabolism than I think I should have......I mean I freaking don't stop. my pulse/heart rates are very low.. well under 100's on both numbers... so I concentrate on getting my heart rate up when working in the yard/house.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I know I have lower metabolism than I think I should have......I mean I freaking don't stop. my pulse/heart rates are very low.. well under 100's on both numbers... so I concentrate on getting my heart rate up when working in the yard/house.
That sounds backward, K.
It seems to me that if you're always doing something your metabolism is higher than most.
That's why you stay svelte and never put on too much weight.
Slow pulse and low BP (as long as it's not too low) is a good thing, a sign that you have a healthy heart, especially if running around doesn't raise your heart rate.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    @Sugar_and_Spice @kross8 and others -

I'd been at 115-118lbs. since high school, until about 1996. I then dropped down to 95-97lbs for no reason over a 6 week period of time. Sleep habits had become whacked, had a problem with my nails lifting up from the nail beds on 2 fingers and my thumb on each hand, and had what I call some "twittering" in my legs that made my pantslegs quiver, etc. Crappy doctor (too busy having an affair with his nurse to pay attention to his medical practice) was then treating me for a supposed nail fungus for over a year, since that was 1 of the first symptoms I'd had!
    Fed up with crappy doctor, I went to a dermatologist. He looked at my hands & nails, and within 3 minutes...said that's called thyroid taxicosis. It's a dead giveaway of a highly overactive thyroid! He had a TSH test done on me and discovered my thyroid was making enough thyroxine for me and 4 other people! Started seeing an endo., and my thyroid was zapped with a radioactive iodine pill. Been back at my reg. 115-118 again since then...until I quit smoking in 2014.

I'd always had enough energy for me and several other people.. Could do yardwork in 90 degree heat for hours on end with minimal breaks. Built my own 24 x 24 storage building at age 58...every nut, bolt, nail, screw, board, steel roofing panel, etc. Only thing I didn't do was the concrete foundation. So I'm not used to having NO energy at all. It's driving me friggin' nuts, but I can't get any help from doctors with it!

So the only think I can think of to do, without self-regulating my thyroid meds (which I don't want to mess with), is raise the nic in my liquids, and see if it helps. I don't want to do nic patches, because I have a mitral valve prolapse, so years ago doctor would not prescribe nic patches because of it.

I'll be interested if a higher nic level works for anyone else, too! I'm going to try it myself starting tomorrow.

Whatever you decide to do go slow with modifying your nic intake and see what your heart does in response.

I have heart problems too, a bicuspid aortic valve with stenosis. If you can believe it, I was smoking a PAD or more a year ago. Addiction to Marlboros is a thing around here...

Dr put me on Carvedilol so as to avoid heart failure. I think that I could lose 30lbs easy if I would get on a basic workout regimen. I bought brand new Kreitler rollers, a Polar kit for measuring bike speed/heart rate, and I also bought my Serotta road racing bike back from my brother but it has been looking at me for at least a year.

I'm all for losing weight, but don't want to push myself too hard so that I need that aortic valve replacement or worse.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I'm not sure if this would help anyone but when I was ordered off my feet for 6-8 wks because my bursitis was so bad I would hardly walk, my physo therapist said to do chair exercises as much as possible and loose weight. So I am how to do that exercise and loose weight and not be allowed to walk! Well I did it with chair sitting yoga, chair Tia chi and Richard simmons chair workout. I totally changed my diet and went on 1500-1600 cals a day of a very balanced diet and lost 45 lbs. I still follow the plan even tho I am maintaining for the most part and upped cals to about 1700, I feel ten years younger. Although my hip never totally healed so I could get off a cane, I am soooo much better than 2 yrs ago. So even the impossible can be done by taking baby steps or even stuck on your .... like I was LOL

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I sure did. Major headache when I woke up. I rarely drink, only a shot or two of Scotch on New Years' Eve,
    a couple rum and cokes on Christmas, and a shot of cognac on my birthday. No beer or vino for me.
    BTW, old superstition. Hookers would put valerian in their little purse to attract Johns. LOL.

I only like to drink socially during the NHL season. I see 2 to 4 hockey games per month and I'm satisfied. It's enough TV or as the case may be a live sporting event. I don't miss drinking alcohol ever.

Except for vaping, I could have landed on the Mayflower and I would have fit right in.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I only drink to fall asleep if I need too and that is rarely too :) Hmm didn't know that about hookers LOL!

I grew up playing ice hockey. Love a great MMA fight, boxing, judo match. I drink to get out of my shell and cheer during the matches.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    amazingly yes,, before the accident he walked real fast,, now he is normal pace. up until a couple of years ago he was still walking the pastures to check his cows,, a few months ago he roofed some old ladies house. - there is no stopping him.
    An 80 year old guy named Gaston used to shovel the snow off the neighbors roof while she was still around. We'd chat for a while when he was done but he was always in a hurry to get to his other old friends' houses.

One of my friends is a mechanic. His second wife is 12 years younger than him.
    He says he's only scared of 2 people. His brother and his step-dad.
    His brother is sorta terrifying but his step dad is in his 80s.
    In his 80s he still gets up at dawn and works his farm until dusk. Every day.
    He'd hurl a dresser at you if you ...... him off. I'm polite around him.
    I thought he was in his 60s. Some people are built to last.

I ordered 3 SXmini boards for $75 total last night for some strangely on topic content ;)

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    An 80 year old guy named Gaston used to shovel the snow off the neighbors roof while she was still around. We'd chat for a while when he was done but he was always in a hurry to get to his other old friends' houses.

One of my friends is a mechanic. His second wife is 12 years younger than him.
    He says he's only scared of 2 people. His brother and his step-dad.
    His brother is sorta terrifying but his step dad is in his 80s.
    In his 80s he still gets up at dawn and works his farm until dusk. Every day.
    He'd hurl a dresser at you if you ...... him off. I'm polite around him.
    I thought he was in his 60s. Some people are built to last.

I ordered 3 SXmini boards for $75 total last night for some strangely on topic content ;)
    thats cool! we sorta pressure pops to winding down the farm.. it was winter and he went out to tend to the cows,, make sure the water wasn't frozen,, make sure bails of hay were still good,, feed them his buckets of grain mix......problem was he was gone a real long time. ice had covered the gate and it took him 3 hours to break it lose................if anything had happened to him,,,,mom wouldn't know which pasture he went to and my uncle (older) would have had to go find him. we told pops it was time he wind it down,, but some of the younger farmers likely appreciate some help......he likes that idea. he goes by to 'help them/((((teach them))) he is a kind sweet person. he just cant 'slow down'..as long as he is happy we are all happy :)

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Charge batteries for free! Near the far side of our usual local hike.

My 5 year old dog got hotter than me today and I refused to drink from the pond.

14040007_1822632044634284_4406779819836231580_n.jpg

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Looking for any chinks in my vape armor now to keep on vaping for ever. So far so good on mods, MTL tanks, and need just a bit more nic since I don't want to drop my nic level all day. The three big items always seem to be the same Big 3, nic, mods that last and toppers- tanks or drippers. So how good are Kayfuns for lasting? I think I have 5 of Kayfun Lite and 6 Kayfun mini, is 11 enough? I have parts and extra glass, metal tanks too. I guess I need to know what is the weakest piece/ part in these tanks.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2014
    Brant County Canada
    Looking for any chinks in my vape armor now to keep on vaping for ever. So far so good on mods, MTL tanks, and need just a bit more nic since I don't want to drop my nic level all day. The three big items always seem to be the same Big 3, nic, mods that last and toppers- tanks or drippers. So how good are Kayfuns for lasting? I think I have 5 of Kayfun Lite and 6 Kayfun mini, is 11 enough? I have parts and extra glass, metal tanks too. I guess I need to know what is the weakest piece/ part in these tanks.

That's the trouble. It's all a big guess. I figure anything that moves is a weakness in any device. I have different Kayfuns and I put long term weakness in the threading. Can be repaired but vape gear seems to use oddball sizes.

I don't know how many is enough. Guess on the life expectancy. I figure 1 year as a life span. When it's toast it is spare parts. I have 18KFV4 and 6 KFMV3 plus the clearos to use before I get to them.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    For anyone looking to stock up cheaply or with a sense of adventure...Azure Vaping is going out of business, and are selling "mystery" boxes of atties, DIY flavorings, liquids, etc. I sprung for a DIY flavoring box. So sad they are having to close their doors!

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran

Has anyone seen a Kayfun 5 clone yet? I have 2 - Kayfun 5's and I'll probably pick up two more, but would not mind adding a 4 clones.

EDIT! I should have known, FT has them.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Have you considered taking algae capsules or eating lots of mangoes?
    Both are very high in iodine which kick starts your thyroid.

I might think about doing that, but...my thyroid can't be kick started. It was killed off by the radioactive iodine pill in 1996! :)

Your weight, energy level, etc. sound more like that of someone with a hyperthyroid condition, rather than hypothyroid. You'd be gaining weight, have an energy level that's been falling a great deal, etc. I want to be back to the way YOU are now! :thumbs:

Whatever you decide to do go slow with modifying your nic intake and see what your heart does in response.

Oh, I will go slowly with raising it. I've never had any heart problem, except for just some slight "fluttering" maybe 3 times a year, from the mitral valve prolapse (that they can't even detect is there any more since 5-6 years before I ever quit smoking). It's also strange that my BP for years while I smoking...was always in the 90 over _?_ range that was extremely good according to my doctor. (Though my mother used to think it was way too low to be healthy for anyone!) Now that I don't smoke...it's gone quite a bit higher, like 120 over _?_. Funny how I can remember the top number just fine, but not the lower one! Have my regular endo. checkup this Fri. AM, so will be interesting to see what it is now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread