Status
Not open for further replies.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
ok Thanks again Capt'!

Ya'know, they actually could be made bigger, but I don't know how to do that neatly when they are already bored into the body. I suppose one could go round and round inside with a little sanding drum on a dremel tool, but it wouldn't be very neat and tidy. Not to mention the hole is an inch deep.

Hmm, think I will leave that to the owner to play with, heh.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem Capt' I have all the required tools ready should the need arise.
I have plenty of 22mm toppers ready to go on this beauty!!! I'm just happy to be able to get another of your works of art! Now having the new DNA40 chip and the use of a larger battery are just icing on the cake!! :thumb:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy lubbers!

Spent the last couple hours doing yard work, kinda old to be digging ditches but I s'pose the exercise it good fer me.

The batch is drying from a coat of sealer/finish. When they are ready I will give them a fine sanding and their first coat of finish.

I heard back from Evolv, no problem with having regulators in stock and I am just waiting on them to send an invoice.

Nothing else new here at RSM, later!

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy lads 'n' ladies, happy Friday!

Still waiting on a shipping notice for the regulators but I have plenty of other stuff to do until they arrive.

Here though, is a couple pictures of a large screen DNA40 that I installed for a repair. It's the only DNA40 I have unfortunately but I wanted to let you see one in case you have not seen the large screen before.

The batch will have a mixture of the large and small screen dna's.

I always send a operations brochure along with the mods when they ship but I don't know how to use the temp sensing myself so I am going to have to just rely on the explanation given by the manufacturer for it's use.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida

Still waiting on a shipping notice for the regulators but I have plenty of other stuff to do until they arrive.

Here though, is a couple pictures of a large screen DNA40 that I installed for a repair. It's the only DNA40 I have unfortunately but I wanted to let you see one in case you have not seen the large screen before.

I always send a operations brochure along with the mods when they ship but I don't know how to use the temp sensing myself so I am going to have to just rely on the explanation given by the manufacturer for it's use.

Nice!!!!!
I hope the 26650 Destroyers are going to have the big screen!!! :D

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nice!!!!!
I hope the 26650 Destroyers are going to have the big screen!!! :D

Both the Big D's are going to have the large screen.

I ordered half small and half big screen versions from Evolv, it's kinda random as to which mods they are installed in.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle

Cappy, Temperature mode will only work when using NI200 wire and 28g is what is preferred. By hitting the fire button 5 times and then holding down the two regulator buttons, the unit will go into temperature mode. The wattage is also still adjustable in temperature mode. Don't want to use temp mode? Then just build with Kanthal is all.. In temp mode you can build to much lower ohms and fire the atty without burning the wick. It is virtually impossible to get a dry hit and the vapor production is out of this world.

cpiTyIe.jpg

Last edited:

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
They go down to 1 watt!

Really low wattages are useful for cleaning coils made of nickel or titanium that shouldn't be dry-burned in the traditional manner.

Rossum do you build your Titanium coils the same as nickel coils? Micro, Macro, Ohms. I know you have said that you need to trick the DNA40 when you use Titanium. Would you be so kind to share some tips and plus or minus' between the two.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Since Cappy hasn't built/sold any DNA40 mods yet, I really don't think this thread is the place for that. I have posted a fair amount in various other threads where people do have DNA40 mods, and there's this DNA40 Titanium Wire thread, which so far is just one page.

Understood. Thanks for the link.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Hmmm....

I actually buy pre-made wicks from FT and have done that for a long time. Is there any outfit yet that sells or intends to sell wicks for temp control vaping yet?

There are Ni coils for a couple of the main stream tanks but I havn't seen any pre made wick/wire combos for rebuildables yet.

That said if you are happy with silica wicks wrapping a coil isn't that hard.

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

NEAT!!!!! I love it:)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread