Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
And this is why new members are put off on some of the responses received for specific questions. Seems some of you just can't resist ignoring what's being asked and straying from the topic.

IDK, it seemed like there were decent mod options offered. Finding mtl factory coil tanks that offer temp control compatibility is an issue in today's market.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
From what I've read, the mtl stuff that's coming out is RTA. Are there factory coil mtl tanks that'll work in TC being released as well?

There are two being released Platform Zenith Tank (with drop in coil heads) and Platform Zenith RTA (the rebuildable). We don't know for sure that TC will be available, BUT considering PBusardo likes using TC, I can totally see that being one of his requirements.

We can hope anyway.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
And this is why new members are put off on some of the responses received for specific questions. Seems some of you just can't resist ignoring what's being asked and straying from the topic.
And this is why so many people flee from this forum. Your attitude just sucks. A perpetually wet blanket.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
And this is why so many people flee from this forum. Your attitude just sucks. A perpetually wet blanket.

No sir. When you can't stay on topic, derail threads on a regular basis, and in general disrupt the thread to where it no longer is on topic, you bet we're going to step in and say something. And since you're going to drag this out in public, your response at the top of this page is a prime example. I did not ask for mech recommendations, nor did I ask for an atomizer that is strictly rebuildable. Yet you chose to derail the thread with something totally opposite what was asked in the original post. Having a bit of fun in a thread is one thing. Completely ignoring what the topic is and going off the rails is another. This will cease.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Well, suggesting a 10 pound mod with an 8 pound atty that comes in just shy of the size of a bread box is obviously "having a little fun" in a thread where you're looking for something small and dainty. It seems others knew I was just "having a little fun". But hey, maybe we have a different opinion on what fun is? I certainly don't claim to be an expert on the matter....
Regardless, please accept my most humble apologies and good luck in your search. :)

Last edited:

.EXE

Oct 19, 2017
OK, while I'm aware of all the latest and greatest goodies hitting the market, the majority do absolutely nothing for me, or my vaping style. However, I haven't really kept up with tanks.

First, I vape to replace smoking. I don't view it as a hobby and I've gotten tired of the hobby aspect as far as rebuilding goes. So.....

1. Must be capable of TC
2. Must be small. (The smaller, the better.)
3. Accompanying tank should use stock coils. I'm tired of rebuilding. Again, must be capable of being used in a TC mod.
4. 18650 or smaller preferred. Not really wild about everything getting "bigger", including batteries.
5. Tank must support MTL. Direct lung hits? Nope nope nope. Not for me.

The setup needs to be compact. Think Smoant Knight or Tesla Stealth. I'm partial to this type of mod due to it protecting the tank.

This is going to be a "daily driver" which also means it's going to get used at work (including the occasional trip to the can to get a "fix"). Therefore, clouds are definitely not a consideration.
I have been using my Smok. AL85, Uses just one 18650 Does Support MTL, But there is no Direct lung hits when using this little mod. Perfect stealth vape, Its a perfect on the go & travel mod. Perfect for if your traveling on a airplane also If your on the run very easy and reliable regulated mod.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    No sir. When you can't stay on topic, derail threads on a regular basis, and in general disrupt the thread to where it no longer is on topic, you bet we're going to step in and say something. And since you're going to drag this out in public, your response at the top of this page is a prime example. I did not ask for mech recommendations, nor did I ask for an atomizer that is strictly rebuildable. Yet you chose to derail the thread with something totally opposite what was asked in the original post. Having a bit of fun in a thread is one thing. Completely ignoring what the topic is and going off the rails is another. This will cease.

But that's the problem Retired, what you asked for is virtually nonexistent. Therefor all that can be suggested are alternatives.

My alternative is to go "old school", others take different approaches, but I can assure you that you will need to give up at least one of your parameters in order to find something acceptable.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    Authentic Kanger™ SSOCC (SS316L) Replacement Atomizer Heads

These can be had in a labeled 0.5 Ohm version, but they actually test out to ~0.70. If you tighten the airflow and swap in a narrow bore drip tip, the Toptank Mini becomes a reasonably good TC MTL tank. You are still gonna need 20+ Watts.

The Joyetech Trons have naturally restrictive airflow, support a 1.0 Ohm coil and come in at 22mm for 4ml capacity. There are TC stock coils for the Tron, but the Ni and Ti coils are <0.5 Ohms.

Temp control just doesn't come easily to MTL drop in coils because the resistance of the materials used in TC is just too low.

If you can do without TC, the Toptank does very well with the 1.2 coils OCC (box shaped) and the airflow and drip tip changes.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Temp control just doesn't come easily to MTL drop in coils because the resistance of the materials used in TC is just too low.

I am not sure why people seem to think you can't get MTL from sub ohm. I MTL sub ohm in TFV4 mini (RBA head) and Serpent SMM (also RBA) with zero issues. I do turn air flow down a bit and use a restrictive tip but I rather enjoy sub ohm TC MTL with SS316L. Granted these are RBA and not drop in coils, but just b/c you are using sub ohm coils (drop in or not) doesn't necessarily mean it's not good for MTL.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada

Have to agree with @ScottP on this. Resistance in this case has no bearing on power needed. It's all about heat flux and that is purely a factor of wire diameter and length.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Hmmmm. Just tripped across this little jewel. (Thanks Beamslider!)

ASTER RT with MELO RT 22 - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Now, I'm finding hints here and there that the Melo coils are interchangable with the various Melo tanks out there, and there's a .5 ohm SS drop in coil for the Melo. If that will work in the RT 22, I may have my daily driver.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread