Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
vape mail today.

Here's what arrived.

DSC_0110.JPG

Nice.. So pop the box and there's a manual for both the Aster and the Melo.

DSC_0111.JPG

Pull the manuals, and you're greeted with the mod, tank, spare o-rings, USB cord and an extra head for the tank (yes, the tank has one installed as well).

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

This has some heft to it. Not light, but not overly heavy, either. Pity my juice order is delayed in limbo somewhere, would have loved to have tried it tonight, but I doubt 45mg e-liquid would be a wise idea in this thing.

Fits nice in the hand, too.

DSC_0114.JPG

Once my juice order arrives, I'll give it a whirl and let y'all know what I think of it. I suspect the tank is something I'll be looking to replace. Would really like to find a good MTL tank that also supports TC. We'll see.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Nice to see chunky mods are getting rounded treatment more and more - much better hand feel.

Right? This thing is very comfortable in my hand. I may end up ordering another one of these to keep as a backup. I'm very impressed by how small it is, but yet it has just enough heft to let you know you're actually holding something.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Is the Aster pocket friendly?

Sent from the future

Which pocket? :lol:

I tossed it in my shirt pocket, but... It's really a bit too bulky to ride comfortably there.

As for britches, I suppose you could, but I generally don't carry anything other than my car keys and spare change in my front pockets.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Which pocket? [emoji38]

I tossed it in my shirt pocket, but... It's really a bit too bulky to ride comfortably there.

As for britches, I suppose you could, but I generally don't carry anything other than my car keys and spare change in my front pockets.
Sorry, should haved said cup holder.

Sent from the future

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
You will like that mod. Eleaf is one of the most reliable manufacturers out there. It's one of the few brands that rarely show up in posts here asking for help with screwball behavior.

The RT design looks almost bullet proof.

The Melo is compatible with Atlantis coils, and there are higher resistance/tighter draw Atlantis coils, but I think they're all for power mode.

Goes back to my comment that TC drop in coils are hard to come by for MTL vaping.

You might want to reconsider a no-frills, fiddle-free RTA like the Serpent Mini. Easy build, easy wick. Using 30g SS316L, 8-10 wraps, 2mm ID should get you right.

Hits like a temp controlled Protank II. ;)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The Melo is compatible with Atlantis coils, and there are higher resistance/tighter draw Atlantis coils, but I think they're all for power mode.

Yeah. I'm beginning to get quite disgusted with the current state of marketing when it comes to TC and MTL vapers. I've been doing a lot of searching over the past week or so, and there's just not much out there when it comes to MTL tanks with drop in TC coils. **sigh**

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It seems TC maxes out at about 1.5 ohms while I remain 1.8 ohms and higher. It interests me but not enough to change my preferred style at this time. Keeping my long draws and chain vaping to a minimum and having a decent water percentage is my current form of TC.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Nice. Juice just arrived which gives me a chance to give it a whirl before heading out to work.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand HOLY :censored:!!!!!!!!

Set it to 400F and was NOT prepared.

250F. Still warm and finding out that a metal drip tip is NOT a good idea on this tank.

Yeah... Just can't get this thing set to a point to where a nice MTL draw is doable.

The search for a new tank now starts in earnest. **sigh**

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Nice. Juice just arrived which gives me a chance to give it a whirl before heading out to work.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand HOLY :censored:!!!!!!!!

Set it to 400F and was NOT prepared.

250F. Still warm and finding out that a metal drip tip is NOT a good idea on this tank.

Yeah... Just can't get this thing set to a point to where a nice MTL draw is doable.

The search for a new tank now starts in earnest. **sigh**

400F should be a fairly cool vape, 250F should be barely making any vapor at all. That makes me wonder if it is doing TC properly. I use metal tips exclusively and on my Serpent SMM, where the tip is close to the coil, at 435F it doesn't even get warm. So something definitely seems off there. I am wondering if that coil is a true TC coil or if there is something wrong with the mod.

The Zenith will be out in 2 weeks, but I think it will be 24mm so won't work on that device. Trying to find an affordable MTL tank that does TC with drop in coil heads is hard enough, but now you have limited yourself to 22mm which is going to make it even harder. I can't think of anything that checks all of those boxes. I wish you luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread