Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
If you have one of the ego mega tanks. These are drop in MTL TC coils....

ProCL 0.6ohm Head - Joyetech
ProCL_Head_01.png

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
400F should be a fairly cool vape, 250F should be barely making any vapor at all. That makes me wonder if it is doing TC properly. I use metal tips exclusively and on my Serpent SMM, where the tip is close to the coil, at 435F it doesn't even get warm. So something definitely seems off there. I am wondering if that coil is a true TC coil or if there is something wrong with the mod.

Reflashed the mod and it appears to be functioning properly now.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Letitia

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Trying to find an affordable MTL tank that does TC with drop in coil heads is hard enough, but now you have limited yourself to 22mm which is going to make it even harder. I can't think of anything that checks all of those boxes. I wish you luck though.

Uwell Crown Mini:

Uwell Crown Mini SS316L Sub-Ohm Tank

Reactions: Ladiekali

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Sweet! Also has SS coils at 1.2 ohm.

Yup. They made a coil specifically for TC at one point, but I think they stopped with the assumption that most people can vape TC in SS now. They also have a ( I think $10) RBA option that looks like a premade atomizer. So if you get the itch to make your coil at some point you can still do that too.

Reactions: Letitia

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Pulled the trigger on a Crown this morning along with a box of 1.2 ohm coils. Have high expectations with this one, and hopefully will suit just fine. If it's a winner, I'll most likely order another and then get a ton of coils from Fasttech (they're about half the price there).

Rather than get the mini (2 ml capacity), I opted for the original Crown which has a 4ml capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread