The Dangers of DIY Nicotine Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

dablackanarch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2008
Seattle, USA
Based on some comments in the nicotine extraction thread, I thought that I would start a thread warning of the dangers inherent in handling and processing nicotine.

***WARNING***

Nicotine can and will kill you if handled improperly. A single 60mg drop of nicotine can put you in your grave. The dizzyness, nausea, sharp, short breaths and rapid death from mishandling nicotine is the last warning you'll receive. Do not **** around with this stuff!

Some of the symptoms of nicotine poisoning are:

Vomiting and nausea, ........
Headaches
Difficulty breathing
Pallor
Sweating
Palpitations
Stomach pains/cramps
Seizures
Weakness
Drooling

Death

There have been many ideas floated about on how to extract nicotine for use in DIY smoke fluid. If this is a route you want to take, be aware that most recipes for doing this are dangerous, untested and can make you, your family or someone else sick or dead. This cannot be stressed enough.

This information has been added to the forum for the protection of all e-smokers and their families. Creating nicotine extracts are not recommended except for the well trained, safety oriented chemist with a well stocked laboratory and full safety gear.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
When I was playing around with my DIY liquid ... I was very careful handling it all ... BUT ... even the cautious can still have issues.

I got what almost looked like extra/runoff/etc... on my thumb (just like a smear of it) and within 1 minute, I was dizzy and started sweating REAL bad ...

Told the wife at that moment what had happened, and If I collapse, what happened to cause it ...

This is a VERY REAL issue. Please take caution!

Thanks for posting dablackanarch ...

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
When I was playing around with my DIY liquid ... I was very careful handling it all ... BUT ... even the cautious can still have issues.

I got what almost looked like extra/runoff/etc... on my thumb (just like a smear of it) and within 1 minute, I was dizzy and started sweating REAL bad ...

Told the wife at that moment what had happened, and If I collapse, what happened to cause it ...

8-o u mean ur liquid from ur soaking cigar?

dablackanarch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2008
Seattle, USA

No problem, CaSH. Seriously, this stuff can make you sick as hell with a small drop and can kill you with a splash. Experimenting is all of our choice and I still do but, I make no mistake about the fact that I'm working with a substance that is very deadly.

I wasnt sure where to ask this, so I picked this thread.

I was wondering, the solution everyone is Aiming for by all the extraction methods, Is the final solution you get/obtain from soaking, the same as the Insectiside POISON known as "BlackLeaf 40" ?

I found this breakdown of the chemical makeup of it on the cornell site (i cant link yet)

pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/insect-mite/mevinphos-propargite/nicotine/insect-prof-nicotine.

I just do not know if it is the same. IT can KILL (think i have enough disclaimers in here), just wondering if PROPerly diluted, if it was the same chemicly.

Steele

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Thank goodness for that unless someone has suicidal tendencies. Do-it-yourselfers, of which I'm certainly one, should never try to extract pure nicotine. That's not the goal at all. The stuff is deadly, deadly poison, even if gotten on skin. We're after taste and aroma and flavor, with a hint of nicotine. That's what cooked tobacco yields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread